PDA

View Full Version : .430 realism revisited

Sammy Yousef
03-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Hi all,

I'm still holding off re-installing .430 and feel like I'm being left behind on .410. I tried .430 but to me it felt like the handling in the air was much less realistic.

After my first go at flying the real thing I found G3 .410 was pretty near perfect (if a little less touchy) in the air but horribly unrealistic on the ground.

I only want as much realism as possible in the models so these are questions for regular flyers of real models:

1) Do you feel the in air handling of the models has suffered and if so how much?

2) Are any of the bugs in .430 getting in your way (eg. those of you flying helis, are you avoiding them due to the spool up and sink into the ground problems? I also remember someone saying the Osprey and/or harrier no longer flew after installing .430)

3) From my total of about 3 minutes of experience handling real planes on the ground, I'd guess that .430 is more realistic than .410 on the ground. Would you say that's accurate?

And this one is for the guys at KE. Do you plan on fixing the known helicopter (and osprey and/or harrier) bugs in the near future??

Sammy

L0stS0ul
03-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Ground handling in either version is not very good with planes or helis. I just kinda ignore the ground aspects and get the planes/helis in the air and fly them there. I think the physics for flight are pretty close. You can easily modify the planes to get them to fly like they did in 410. There is a post from a KE that explains how to do it. I think it's just tweeking 1 param.

I would not give up all of the new planes/helis. I've also not had any sinking into the ground with the helis. You just gotta make sure your not in idle up mode when you go to reset the heli or load one up.

opjose
03-22-2006, 10:39 AM
There were changes in the physics models in .430 to IMPROVE realism.

It affected the existing planes a bit adversely. One example is a more pronounced nose down tendancy in planes, etc.

However this can be corrected easily with the editor.

There have been several threads with the fixes.

e.g. changing the stabilizer incidence angle a bit... lowering torque effects, etc.

.430 improves things however.

Sammy Yousef
03-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Can you point me to the threads you've mentioned below? Better yet can someone collect them into a single thread and make it sticky?

There were changes in the physics models in .430 to IMPROVE realism.

It affected the existing planes a bit adversely. One example is a more pronounced nose down tendancy in planes, etc.

However this can be corrected easily with the editor.

There have been several threads with the fixes.

e.g. changing the stabilizer incidence angle a bit... lowering torque effects, etc.

.430 improves things however.

opjose
03-22-2006, 04:08 PM
A sticky with the changes would be great.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11738&page=3&pp=15&highlight=incidence