PDA

View Full Version : C/c++ Api?

UAVDenver
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Hello -

I'm interested in building an autonomous controller for an RC helicopter. But testing and debugging the control loop with a real RC helicopter will be challenging (and expensive) at best. So I'd really like to use a commercially available RC simulator for all test and debugging, and interface it with my own software to simulate the onboard sensors and controller.

My question is this: is there any API (application programming interface) available for RealFlight? In particular, I'm hoping for a C or C++ interface which gives such information as the aircrafts 6-DOF orientation, angular rates, accelerations, velocities, etc, and also can receive control commands from external control software. Using such and API, I could write a piece of software to read the orientation of the plane/helicopter from RealFlight and then send commands back to RealFlight to achieve autonomous flight. Does RealFlight have this capability?

opjose
11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
No.

Didn't you post this a month or two ago under another name?

If not is there a group of you attempting this, as this is not the first post I've seen with the same request?

UAVDenver
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Nope not me, and no group that I'm aware of. But there must be other people out there with the same idea as me then! It's an idea that a friend and I cooked up just today.

If there's no API, how about communication over the network? I believe that you can network two G3 boxes for simultaneous flight. Can that network interface be used to get the information that I'm interested in?