PDA

View Full Version : Editing and existing plane version 2

John M
03-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi all, some time back I posted a request for help in modifying an ultra stick to giant scale. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16479
I was having a lot of trouble getting things to work. One of the contributors suggested I download a big stick. Well that did not work and I found out I needed add-ons 1. With that installed I was able to use the downloaded version :) . I scaled it up to 100 wing (to coincide with my RC version). Things looked promising but I cannot change it from a tricycle landing gear to a tail dragger :confused: . I can move the main gear forward, add a tail wheel, adjust the CG, but when I fly; the tricycle gear is still there and no tail dragger gear :( . Also, I cannot find a suitable gas engine. I would like to use a G-62, but I do not have that option. Sorry for the long read but I was trying to give all the background.

Thanks

John M.

opjose
03-20-2007, 12:14 PM
G3 seperates the "physics" from the "3D Model".

You can edit the "physics" at will, but you cannot edit the 3D model at all.

That is why you cannot move the landing gear as you wish.

Someone would have to create an original plane for you...

Have you looked at the Sticks already on the swap pages?

John M
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks 'jose, I did not realize that the 3D airplanes could not be altered. I am not sure why someone would make a 3D plane with tricycle landing gear :confused: (IMHO) but what do I know!

I did check out the Sticks in the swap pages which is how i got onto this quest. The Low Stick has some possibilities and I will check it out.

Thanks for your help

John M.