PDA

View Full Version : Got a ? and sorry if its been asked alot.

mpgohl
07-06-2007, 12:57 AM
i've tried dling just about every plane in the swap page and i can't get any of them to show up under simulation>Import>G3x>planes>custom.. i have Expansion pack 1 and add-ons 3 and 4.. can someone please help me..

HX3D014
07-06-2007, 02:13 AM
As of version G3.5.041 you could use the import function. Found under the simulation menu in G3 (Curently G3 is up to Verssion G3.5.060)

When you download the file. I should land on you PC as Soem thing like Piper_EA.g3x this is G3's own Ziping method, which it unzips itself through its import function. (If it landed on your PC as something different to .g3x, then just rename it to _EA.g3x or _AV or _CS.g3x etc etc.

If you want to update to the latest G3. just conect to the internet and then launch G3's launcher. the one where you can either launch G3 or click on the Aditional Options buttons. from there you can register and update.

Get back to us :)

PS welcome to the forum :)

mpgohl
07-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm currently running the latest version of G3.5 but still nothing appears when i goto import, i'm starting to think its due to this awesome windows Vista that i'm running LOL. unless maybe i'm dling them wrong all i've done is find a plane click on the file and save it to the Realflight planes folder.

Thanks for the Help

opjose
07-06-2007, 11:20 AM
i've tried dling just about every plane in the swap page and i can't get any of them to show up under simulation>Import>G3x>planes>custom.. i have Expansion pack 1 and add-ons 3 and 4.. can someone please help me..

Hmmm...

Normally it's just "Import\G3X" and that's it.

Are you sure that you are not trying to EXPORT instead?

mpgohl
07-06-2007, 01:52 PM
yea, and i finally got it for some reason i just thought i would try and stick all the files on my desktop in a folder and see if i could import from there and now it works so i dunno. but it works thanks again

Smiley
07-06-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm currently running the latest version of G3.5 but still nothing appears when i goto import, i'm starting to think its due to this awesome windows Vista that i'm running LOL. unless maybe i'm dling them wrong all i've done is find a plane click on the file and save it to the Realflight planes folder.

Thanks for the Help

Try putting an "*" in the file name box and then click import. My system likes to see the asterik the first time then works just fine on subsequent imports.

MadMonkey
07-06-2007, 06:57 PM
yea, and i finally got it for some reason i just thought i would try and stick all the files on my desktop in a folder and see if i could import from there and now it works so i dunno. but it works thanks again

I'm guessing you weren't searching the planes folder when you were clicking "Import"... you'll have to manually select the area that you want to search for planes. Default should be the desktop, which is why it's working now. :)

mpgohl
07-06-2007, 07:02 PM
nope i wasn't then but i'm just glad i got it working was starting to get a lil ticked off.