PDA

View Full Version : MX2 - Anyone want to take over the build of it?

BeerInn
03-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Hey guys,

I started working on an MX2. Between starting a new job and trying to learn 3dsMax, the job is eating most of my time and energy. I modeled the majority of the plane, but dont' think the fuselage is the greatest.
Some things need fixin' :
Gear is a little long.
Rudder pivot is incorrect (needs to be rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise in left viewport).
The wheels don't have pivots set correctly and the rear gear pivot is also on the wrong axis.
I haven't been able to get the fuselage nice and smooth, so it may be easier to just do a new one(?).

If anyone (opjose, dhk, pplace, etc) would be interested in taking it over, let me know and I can send the .max file.

-It's not at the quality that any of you guys produce (i'm a rookie), but it may be a fairly good start (or maybe not...he-he).

It would/should have similar flight characteristics of the Edge-540 (BH). The 'Real' (aka no RC) plane is the only aerobatic plane I've ever seen to a 'waterfall' -yes I've seen Rob Holland do it (right over my house).

Anyone interested, let me know.

Thanks guys,

jetser
03-28-2008, 07:48 PM
how do you build planes?

Blade Scraper
03-28-2008, 08:08 PM
how do you build planes?

You shove a giant peice of wood into the hard drive so the computer will go into the airplane program to make em. ;)

jeffpn
03-28-2008, 08:17 PM
how do you build planes?
You found this thread. See if you can find the thread that answers your question. Hint: Use the search function.