PDA

View Full Version : Single Stick Tx?

gallfer
06-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Due to an injury to my Rt hand, I can only fly SS Txs. Would like to find a sim that can be used with them. My Txs are Ace Micropro 8000 and a Kraft that has been 'computerized' with a Microstar 2K. Any ideas? Thanks!

apollo_13
06-04-2009, 08:33 AM
please explain so that we can better understand your issue and hopefully solve it

jeffpn
06-04-2009, 08:39 AM
The Interlink provided with RF can be reprogrammed to suit your needs. It may be possible to use the Interlink as a passthrough for your TXs, too.

apollo_13
06-04-2009, 08:52 AM
how can that be done jeff

i have a friend who has cerebral palsy and he can only use his left arm...
he uses his thumb and indix finger to control the right stick and uses his pinkey to use the switches and throttle

jeffpn
06-04-2009, 08:54 AM
I may have misunderstood the OP's question. But if there is a plug in on the radio, hopefully it can be connected to the Interlink in pass through mode.

gallfer
06-04-2009, 09:04 AM
please explain so that we can better understand your issue and hopefully solve it

Now I'm going to be singing 'Gimme 3 steps' in my mind all day!

I have no thumb and lttle use of the fingers on my Rt. hand. SS is the only type Tx I can use. As you can see only older radios are what I use, no SS tx being made anymore. The Microstar 2K innards on the Kraft are current stuff with all the programmable functions you can think of. But the computer cable is 5 pin DIN(tx) and 9 pin serial(computer) Was hoping to do some 3D manuvers on the computer instead of at the field. Please keep asking questions, it helps!

apollo_13
06-04-2009, 09:39 AM
im am sorry but i am not familar with this radio

could you please post some pics of it

thanks

gallfer
06-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Apparently my pic files are too large to upload. You can see pics of the Micropro on Yahoo groups- MP8K. Is a buddy box cable used to connect to the computer? Thanks, Gino

jeffpn
06-04-2009, 11:17 AM
The provided Interlink connects to the computer, and your radio connects to the Interlink with the provided cables, if your radio is supported.

gallfer
06-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the tip Mikey. I sent off a email to CY. I've been told that I would need to wire a cable directly to the RF deck on my Micropro. I hoped this wouldn't be too involved but I should have known when I got back in to this addiction. Sometimes I think it easier back in the 70's! Gino