PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Requests/Requester

Ghost129er
07-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Hi all,
I thought I would start a tutorial request as I was going to post one and I thought of others who might want to request for some tutorials. This could help all the pro's currently designing to help those who aren't so well experienced like me.
Thanks
Ghost

My Request:
My tutorial request would be one for doing transparent cockpits, like having photos with the fuselage,naming, mapping and doing the rest of the stuff that requires having transparent cockpits as my plane is on a standstill till I can find/or get a good tut.
Thanks
Ghost

bmz_loop
07-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Learn to edit your post. Keep the forums tidy and post 3 times in a row.

Boof69
07-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi all,
I thought I would start a tutorial request as I was going to post one and I thought of others who might want to request for some tutorials. This could help all the pro's currently designing to help those who aren't so well experienced like me.
Thanks
Ghost

My Request:
My tutorial request would be one for doing transparent cockpits, like having photos with the fuselage,naming, mapping and doing the rest of the stuff that requires having transparent cockpits as my plane is on a standstill till I can find/or get a good tut.
Thanks
Ghost
Asked and answered ghoster. When you PMed me I sent you links to the modelers tip of the day that covers the subject and a full explaination of how to accomplish the same with a tga.
Your request already has tutorials. What else do you want?
In the future don't PM me any more asking for help. I spent good time answering your question and you refused to listen.
Before I even joined the forums I read all of the tutorials and built basic practice models and learned allot along the way. After I joined I tried more complicated models and only asked for help when I was stuck an that was only after research based on suggestions.
I also am feeling frustration with you. Not because of your age or grammer but for your inability to help yourself. If your model takes a year so be it. Just use the pre exsisting tutorials and do it yourself and leave me alone.

Ghost129er
07-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Asked and answered ghoster. When you PMed me I sent you links to the modelers tip of the day that covers the subject and a full explaination of how to accomplish the same with a tga.
Your request already has tutorials. What else do you want?
In the future don't PM me any more asking for help. I spent good time answering your question and you refused to listen.
Before I even joined the forums I read all of the tutorials and built basic practice models and learned allot along the way. After I joined I tried more complicated models and only asked for help when I was stuck an that was only after research based on suggestions.
I also am feeling frustration with you. Not because of your age or grammer but for your inability to help yourself. If your model takes a year so be it. Just use the pre exsisting tutorials and do it yourself and leave me alone.
Im sorry, I had deleted my mail and stuff to clean it up and got swiped.
I guess I should just go off the fourms for a while

jeffpn
07-24-2011, 10:18 AM
And another user rushes the learning process by building too complicated of a model before he has the basics down, thereby discouraging himself and quitting. You're not the first to do that, and you won't be the last.

mwilson914
07-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Im sorry, I had deleted my mail and stuff to clean it up and got swiped.
I guess I should just go off the fourms for a while

Did you check your trash bin for his deleted email?

jeffpn
07-24-2011, 10:36 AM
I think it was all by PM and stuff. No trash bins in PM.

Ghost129er
07-24-2011, 10:46 AM
And another user rushes the learning process by building too complicated of a model before he has the basics down, thereby discouraging himself and quitting. You're not the first to do that, and you won't be the last.
My model was fine, I just wanted to do a transparent cockpit as I DIDN'T KNOW HOW. The model flies fine, breaks fine, pivots fine and is textured fine, Its only that my cockpit was black.

Boof69
07-24-2011, 11:03 AM
I sent you a PM an hour after you asked me. I spent 40 minutes carefully wording a helpful response. Then you don't see the dark blue PM in your inbox. If that was too hard then how do expect to understand more complex things like transparency?

Maj. Numbskully
07-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Ghost ..............cockpit transparency or transparent component parts has been covered here a dozen times

tuts and threads for assigning the correct material for the modeling
and the CS alpha channel part have been done for both

SEARCH the forum
I don't model and even I have a rudimentary idea of what needs to be done
just by seeing the various threads on the subject

jeffpn
07-24-2011, 11:07 AM
You guys should heed his signature.

Signature
Don't Bother talking to me at all

Maj. Numbskully
07-24-2011, 11:23 AM
funny .................there is a certain member here who has some excellent tuts linked in his signature that covers just about everything you need to know about modeling ..........that same person has a current build thread
that for the past week or so has been dealing with transparency and material assignment

PAY ATTENTION GHOST !!! :eek:.............or talk to the hand :p

mwilson914
07-24-2011, 12:05 PM
~ALPHA or ~CANOPY will be excellent names for a material. White is solid, black is completely see through on the Alpha channel.

These are my subtle hints captain.

Boof69
07-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Don't forget the spec alpha where the opposite is true. Black is cloudy and white is clear.

Maj. Numbskully
07-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Or the tint and Opacity on the tga's RGB and Alpha channels respectively ;) ......................

Wow
A mini tut in 3 posts .............how bout that ! :D

Ghost129er
07-25-2011, 06:50 AM
Or the tint and Opacity on the tga's RGB and Alpha channels respectively ;) ......................

Wow
A mini tut in 3 posts .............how bout that ! :D
see, my only problem is that I don't get what you mean by rgb layer and transparency, please just give my the links, I searched the the fourms for at least 2 hours and it just gave cockpit this, cockpit that, nothing to actually do it, I need something which shows the body parts like the fuselage and steps, boof did one on a cube which confused me as usually, tuts have the aircraft or its parts there.USUALLY.

jeffpn
07-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Don't limit your search to the forums. Google is your friend. If you don't understand the basic terminology, you may not be ready to accomplish your end result. Did you Google rgb?

abaser
07-25-2011, 07:50 AM
I can tell you two things as a new modeler.

1) Theses guys are not going to just give you the answers you want UNTIL you show that you are actually trying to learn this process seriously. Take the time to study up on the terminology, as Jeff pointed out, and read through the tuts at he KE homepage. Nearly anything you need to know is right there if you look.

2) YouTube is your friend. you can search just about anything and it pops up. Granted, it may not necessarily be for a plane, BUT the principles will be the same. Don't get me wrong, there will be some things that won't cross over, or you can't find, but NEARLY everything can be found

Boof69
07-25-2011, 08:00 AM
2 minutes ago I had no idea what a "clan tag" is. I used google and quickly I found bout its from call of duty black ops. Magic.

Maj. Numbskully
07-25-2011, 08:35 AM
This took 2 min. to find .......... :rolleyes:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18110&highlight=clear+canopyhttp://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26168&highlight=clearing+canopy

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26168&highlight=clearing+canopy

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22506&highlight=clear+canopy

I found them using the keywords "clear canopy" or "clearing canopy" here in the forum ......
for additional info do the same for
alpha channel
RGB
transparency

etc.

Ghost129er
07-25-2011, 09:00 AM
This took 2 min. to find .......... :rolleyes:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18110&highlight=clear+canopyhttp://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26168&highlight=clearing+canopy

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26168&highlight=clearing+canopy

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22506&highlight=clear+canopy

I found them using the keywords "clear canopy" or "clearing canopy" here in the forum ......
alpha channel
RGB
etc.
Thanks Major,
Will do,
Ghost

Maj. Numbskully
07-25-2011, 09:09 AM
alpha channel
RGB
transparency
~ALPHA or ~CANOPY
etc.

as suggested if they turn up nothing here in the forum ..............go to
yahoo , goggle or ask .com

this is the information age ...take advantage of it