PDA

View Full Version : RealFlight 6 the latest in realism

nemo_uk
10-03-2011, 03:47 PM
http://www.modelairplanenews.com/blog/2011/09/30/realflight-6-the-latest-in-realism/

I'm sure the editor meant to say ... Knife Edge software or Great Planes has just announced their all-new RealFlight 6 :o

jeffpn
10-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Mega Packs? Geez, we can't get people to understand the difference between AddOns and Expansion Packs!!

phrank
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Interesting...
Looks like some wish list items made it into the next release.
* Hold the reset button and it rewinds you back before you crashed.
* Type in the name and it gives you some matching items to choose from.

Heli/plane mega pack sounds interesting, are these just a bunch of expansion pack content mushed-in? :confused:

jeffpn
10-03-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBLYX&P=7

TH has all 4 of them listed. What's with the MegaPaks? What if you want both airplane and heli?

phrank
10-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Either these guys need a new marketing dude, or there aren't really any gotta have them features on this new version to make me want to go out and get this version.
G3->G4 was a great upgrade, the water alone was enough to get me excited to get this version, but we also got more eye-candy.
G4->G5 was yet another leap with Kombat, FPV, etc...
G5->G6 hmmm, not sure I'm sold on this yet. For the first time I'm underwhelmed. :confused:

Maybe later when more details come out?

jeffpn
10-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Skimming through the details, it seemed that they just cut & pasted the G5 details.

jbourke
10-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Give some time for the details to get out there.

RF6 includes a lot of new features in the physics engine, including an almost complete rewrite of the helicopter physics.

I understand that customers will be able to buy the MegaPacks separately.

Jim

12oclockhigh
10-03-2011, 06:02 PM
I am sure we will get something for the price of an upgrade.

I don't see anything yet... but we do know Knife Edge to be generous.

jeffpn
10-03-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm betting td9 got KE's attention for feature in G6, if you know what I mean. ;)

willsonman
10-03-2011, 07:30 PM
I dunno. I really want to see something that turns my eye. I'm still on 4.5 living just fine. Have never looked or wanted to upgrade. I hope that there is something for me. that says gotta have it.

mwilson914
10-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I would hope they have an upgrade version as they did with G5. If the same Interlink Elite controller is used, why would I need another. I've also got all the expansion packs and add-ons, so it appears that most of what comes in the mega packs, I already have with a few exceptions if there are new aircraft not-yet-released.

I still love Realflight, but I'll need to wait to see what all new features are going to draw my attention. I would hope the physics on dropped items can be fixed, but that should really work correctly as it once did before the latest couple updates for G5.5.

Maj. Numbskully
10-03-2011, 08:37 PM
I would hope they have an upgrade version as they did with G5. If the same Interlink Elite controller is used, why would I need another.

I've really been wanting to upgrade from 4.5 (just to have POV when making CSs ! :p )
but
I hope there is a discounted upgrade also , as there has in the past

I'm primarily a plank pilot ... So I really don't need a new
" InterLink Elite Controller that’s configured like a heli transmitter"

(its just a swap of the flaps knob and the retract/smoke/throttle hold switch anyhow........ I'm pretty sure I could do that myself , if I had a mind to)

also wondering what the ratio of powered and non-powered aircraft is in the
"Airplane Mega pack "
and weather or not they are totally new aircraft or just a repackaging of ex pack aircraft??
(thinking maybe G6 cant use the older ex packs??)

phrank
10-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Allright, so it's going to be like yanking teeth then? :rolleyes:

Here are some softballs:
By reworked physics, does that mean older content such as addons/EPs will behave differently in G6?
Will addons/EPs be compatible with G6?
Will G6 custom content be exclusive to it or downwards compatible? (assuming physics are new)

Come on, spit it out, you do want people to spend afterall. :D

jeffpn
10-03-2011, 09:33 PM
I was wondering if the swap page content wil be null and void. Now that there's good files there, that may be a problem.

a4magic
10-03-2011, 09:37 PM
If the new Physics engine does act different, you would expect that KE would adjust the engine to recognize older files and load the old physics settings.

phrank
10-03-2011, 09:47 PM
If the new Physics engine does act different, you would expect that KE would adjust the engine to recognize older files and load the old physics settings.

But if the custom content could benefit from the physics improvements, why dumb it down?

If only KE developed aircraft is allowed to fly "improved" they are pretty much alienating a large portion of what has made them one of the most popular choices.
And that is the variety of Swap Page content compared to their competition.

jbourke
10-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Most swap page aircraft will work fine, but it's possible some may not work properly, or even at all.

RF6 supports all the Expansion Packs.

The Add Ons are no longer supported. It's possible some of those aircraft may work. We have not tested them with RF6 and there is no plan to do so.

Jim

jeffpn
10-03-2011, 09:56 PM
What about the "special" DirectX 9 that previous versions have used? Has the graphics been updated to take advantage of more current software?

jbourke
10-03-2011, 09:58 PM
What about the "special" DirectX 9 that previous versions have used? Has the graphics been updated to take advantage of more current software?

The rendering system in RF6 is essentially the same as G5.5.

We've done some things to make it look better (especially the smoke) but no overhaul in that area.

Jim

jbourke
10-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Note by the way that we've dropped the "G" so it is just RealFlight 6 or RF6, not RealFlight G6.

I know that will be hard to get used to.

Jim

Maj. Numbskully
10-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Is there gonna be a "Upgrade discount" ??????????? ;) ;) :D

willsonman
10-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah... never got what the G was for anyways.

Boof69
10-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Generation..?

Maj. Numbskully
10-04-2011, 12:10 AM
thats what I've always thought

worst case scenario is that you will (should) be able to have both RF6 and any other version loaded on the same machine .......all is not lost ;)

What about older airports ?? ..when G4.5 came out I had to re-edit several of my G4.0 APs to work correctly
Speaking of APs.......
Are we going to see anything new added in the AP editor?......there still IS an AP editor ...right?

"Quick Edit"....I hope we'll still have a full ("slow" :p ) Aircraft editor

Is RF6 still going to use RFX files?

Anything new in the MP dept.?

Maj. Numbskully
10-04-2011, 12:49 AM
And the thing I'll bet everyone is Wondering and hoping for .........
HOW ABOUT IMPORTABLE ENGINE SOUNDS ?????
or at least some new ones !!! (hint: some radials :D :D )

12oclockhigh
10-04-2011, 06:58 AM
I'll just bet Jim is not happy with the start of this roll out. :mad:

I am sure that it will all get sorted out. One thing about swaps content... hey the program has to have flexibility to move forward... I am sure making physics changes was not taken lightly. The heli guys have been dissing the physics for quite a while. I am glad someone was listening.

Kmot
10-04-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm disappointed to learn that airplanes and helicopters are now separate and must be purchased independently.

jbourke
10-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Too many questions for me to answer today but some quick responses...

The aircraft list in RF6 includes both helis and airplanes. There are some new aircraft in RF6. The new Dominion 400 and 450 3D are designed to fly similarly to the popular Blade 400 and Blade 450 3D helis. The "Thunderbolt Sbach 35%" is now a part of the regular product.

New airports include "HD" versions of Joe's Garage and Soccer Field, as well as a new PhotoField, which I think is our best yet.

There are two additional products called "Mega Packs". The Airplane Mega Pack includes airplanes already found in the early Expansion Packs. The Heli Mega Pack includes some nice new models as well as some helis from the Expansion Packs.

Newcomers to RealFlight will be able to buy bundles including RealFlight and the Mega Pack of their choice.

There will also be an upgrade disk available, and the Mega Packs will be available separately.

Therefore most of you will be able to just buy an upgrade disk. Some of you may also want to buy a Mega Pack.

There is a new controller design which will be available only in the Heli edition of the sim. This controller swaps the position of Channel 7 and 6 and has a non-ratcheted throttle stick. These features were highly requested by heli pilots.

I can't tell you when the products will be available or comment on pricing at this time, but I will say we've done what we can to keep the pricing reasonable.

There is a new Physics dialog which lets you simply select the physics realism or customize it. There is a new "Quick Load" gadget which lets you find aircraft...quite honestly this is my favorite new feature. There is a new Quick Edit system which lets you adjust simple things like control surface throws and other items without having to go into the full featured vehicle editor. Quick Edit is nice for newcomers to the sim who might otherwise be frightened off by the editor.

We've added a lot of new little things to the sim. The smoke is pretty much rewritten, which is going to cause some conflict with the swap page aircraft I'm afraid, but we wanted to make progress here. Smoke looks a lot better and it leaves actual smoke trails that linger. The physics of the smoke particles is a lot better also.

We've added motion blur to wheels, props, spinners, and heli mechanics. That looks a lot better than in G5.5.

There is a new "Orbit" camera available on "Ctrl-E" (not to be confused with pivot cam on "E") which is quite awesome.

We also have the new "Rewind" feature. If you press reset the vehicle resets as normal, but if you hold down reset the simulation plays backwards. This lets you reverse the effects of a mistake. It's great for learning and also fun.

We've also added WASD controls in the airport editor and made lots of other little improvements I won't list here.

Jim

jbourke
10-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Hey Jim, Has the issue with the tail blade/paddles been fixed?

Not sure. When you get RF6 let me know if you still see the issue. We fixed a lot of bugs but I can't remember this one.

Another question, is there a governer for electric helicopters now?

Yes, and flybarless support is vastly improved. The heli physics are quite advanced now.

Jim

jbourke
10-04-2011, 01:36 PM
And the thing I'll bet everyone is Wondering and hoping for .........
HOW ABOUT IMPORTABLE ENGINE SOUNDS ?????

This was on the list but had to be cut. It's still something we'd like to do.

Jim

mwilson914
10-04-2011, 01:46 PM
***EDITED MY POST since Jim posted addressing most of what I was talking about***

I guess the best thing I can do is stop speculating and wait, sitting on my hands. This is all I felt like keeping from my original post.

jeffpn
10-04-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm surprised KE is going the "best of" route with the Megapacks. I've bought every AddOn and Expansion Pack made, along with G2, G3, G4, and G5. I'd hate to have to buy a Mega Pack that mostly contained models I already have, just to get a couple new files. To me, that's like being a Beatles/Led Zeppelin/whoever fan, having all of their albums, and then having to buy a box set that contains all of the albums you already have just to get 3 previously unreleased songs.

td9cowboy
10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm disappointed to learn that airplanes and helicopters are now separate and must be purchased independently.
This has been going on for quite some time now. If you fly airplanes you buy RF, if you fly helis you buy Phoenix. Wake up KE!! It's not just the physics that's caused the problem but also the content. Running up the cost to customers by splitting up the plane/heli content, with this lame list of obscure helis, no matter how well they fly, is only going to speed up the migration. So far IMHO this whole RF6 release looks like a feeble attempt to generate new revenue with the minimum amount of reinvestment into the software. I am totally disappointed in both Hobbico and KE for the direction this software development has taken. I was hoping for so much more. I bet all this is causing quite a chuckle over at the competition now that KE has shown their hand.

jbourke
10-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Running up the cost to customers by splitting up the plane/heli content, with this lame list of obscure helis, no matter how well they fly, is only going to speed up the migration.

I don't understand where you are coming from, unless you think brands like Align, Thunder Tiger, Miniature Aircraft, Gaui, Synergy, KDE, etc are obscure.

If there is someone else you'd like to see, chances are we tried to get them into RF6. We are only able to reproduce helis for which we have permission. If you would like to see a particular heli in RealFlight, please contact the manufacturer and let them know you'd like to see them work with us.

Here are the helis included in the heli edition of RF6 (includes Mega Pack content).

Agusta A109
Align T-Rex 500
Avant Aurora
Avant Aurora 3D
Bell 222
Bell Jetranger
Bergen Intrepid 90
Bergen Intrepid Gasser EB
Boeing AH-64 Apache
Boeing CH-46 Sea Knight Micro
Curtis Youngblood Rave ENV 90 Nitro
Curtis Youngblood Rave ENV 700
Curtis Youngblood Rave 450
Dolphin (.46)
Dolphin 3D (.46)
Dominion 400
Dominion 450
Dominion 3D
Dominion 3D 90
Ecureuil
Finch (.049)
Foiler .60
Gaui X5-FES
Heli-Max Axe 400 3D
Heli-Max Axe CP
Heli-Max Axe CX Micro
Heli-Max Axe EZ
Heli-Max Kinetic 50
Heli-Max Kinetic 50 (Trainer)
Heli-Max MX400
Heli-Max MX450 XS
Heli-Max Novus 125 CP
Heli-Max Novus 125 FP
Hind Mi-24
Huey
Impala (.30)
Impala (.30 Trainer)
KDE Direct 700
Mako F3C
Miniature Aircraft Fury Extreme
Miniature Aircraft Ion-X
Miniature Aircraft Stratus 90
Miniature Aircraft X-Cell Furion 450
RAH-66 Comanche
RJX Hobby X-treme 90
Robinson R22
Schweizer
Schweizer w/Floats
Skyartec Wasp 200XE V4
Spritzer (4-stroke)
Sun Dog (Sport .60)
Synergy N5
Synergy N5C
Synergy N9
Thunder Tiger Innovator Expert
Thunder Tiger Mini Titan
Thunder Tiger Raptor 90 G4
Thunder Tiger Raptor 90 SE
Thunder Tiger Raptor G4 E720
Thunder Tiger X50B (Belt-Drive)
Thunder Tiger X50T (Torque Tube)
Tutor 600
Tutor 600 (Trainer)
Watt Not EP
Westland Lynx

Jim

12oclockhigh
10-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Jim,

I have a friend that wants to buy now but wants to know if there will be a free upgrade period, or should he just wait?

Thanks...

Hang in there Jim,

knud pedersen
10-04-2011, 03:52 PM
G6 Nice.
I just bought the G5.5 two weeks ago :o :o :o
Taht was my 4th bought of a RF :o :(

12oclockhigh
10-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Oh come on... we have been talking about a new release any time for a couple of months. I am sure they will treat you kindly. They have before.

G6 Nice.
I just bought the G5.5 two weeks ago :o :o :o
Taht was my 4th bought of a RF :o :(

td9cowboy
10-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Jim, I can't think of one good reason why any model aircraft manufacturer wouldn't be thrilled to be included in any sim. As you know, it's the distributors that also distribute the their brand of sim that control the content that gets posted. The shameless self promotion of their own brands on both of the big two sims is disgusting and is just bad for the hobby in general. You might have noticed that there are a few relatively small heli companies out there that are not distributed by the BIG TWO. Those seem to be the only ones that seem eager to be included on anybody's sim. Was there a threat of lawsuit over the t-rex 500? Seems odd that you were able to get permission to do that one with the blessing of Jason Krause and none of the rest of their line up. There are enough variations (nitro/electric,flybar/flybarless) in their line up alone for a mega pack. Horizon has even fallen behind in their Align offerings and many others so they can include all their own in house brands, many of which haven't even been released as real models yet. I gotta go fly something and get calmed down :D

mwilson914
10-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Distributing models by a software company all comes down to liscensing. This even applies to non-RC aircraft. Some companies love the free advertising, while others may have loyalties to a particular distrubutor and it's the legal battle at that level which prevents content from being created and released by a said manufacturer.

I'm sure KE would love to create and distribute any popular aircraft they wish, but they are not in the position to do whatever they want unfortunately. This brings the whole swaps page into light. The swap page presents an unparralleled opportunity to have any model in the sim without legal implication behalved to Knife Edge.

Kmot
10-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Jim, thanks for the clarifications.

It seems that new and editable engine sounds will be a future upgrade. :cool:

willsonman
10-04-2011, 07:36 PM
It seems that new and editable engine sounds will be a future upgrade. :cool:

As it has been for awhile
:rolleyes: Still waiting to be impressed.

Mikeymike21
10-04-2011, 08:42 PM
I'll try and get it as soon as it comes out and give an honest opinion for both planes and helicopters and of course expose any new features, that should help you decide whether or not its worth buying at the moment.

jeffpn
10-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks, Mikey. I'm looking forward to your input. :)

phrank
10-04-2011, 08:50 PM
My Hero! :cool:

knud pedersen
10-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Oh come on... we have been talking about a new release any time for a couple of months. I am sure they will treat you kindly. They have before.
I hope so...
Then i dont have to find a story for my Wife, way a again need a new sim :p

Kmot
10-06-2011, 09:03 PM
The upgrade has been posted at Tower:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNBLZB&P=G

jeffpn
10-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Now why could we have not heard that before?

jeffpn
10-06-2011, 09:09 PM
The MegaPacks are listed too.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBLYV&P=7

mwilson914
10-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Ok. $50 is appealing.

Superace
10-07-2011, 03:56 PM
engage in combat with a single opponent or a patrol - or host multiplayer events for a whole squadron.
Is it just me or does this sound like team combat?

Maj. Numbskully
10-07-2011, 04:15 PM
no ................not just you

jbourke
10-07-2011, 04:48 PM
That phrasing might be misleading. RF6's multiplayer feature set is essentially the same as G5.5.

Jim

opjose
10-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Ordered!

I was even thinking of getting the big Realflight Banner Tower shows....

I'm such a fanboy!

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 05:10 PM
I was even thinking of getting the big Realflight Banner Tower shows....

I'm such a fanboy!
I'm betting you do!

brields
10-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Other than a new controller, I'm not interested. I'll buy it,
but I'm gonna stick with G5.5 until people stop posting
new planes and other content on the G5 swaps, witch I
know will be a long time since new posts still show up
on the G3 swaps every once in a while.

phrank
10-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Other than a new controller, I'm not interested. I'll buy it,
but I'm gonna stick with G5.5 until people stop posting
new planes and other content on the G5 swaps, witch I
know will be a long time since new posts still show up
on the G3 swaps every once in a while.

That doesn't make any sense at all..... :confused:

Your dad will buy the new version, but plan to stick with G5.5? :confused:

That's a whole lot of money just for a new controller and an old software package.

brields
10-07-2011, 06:21 PM
That doesn't make any sense at all..... :confused:

Your dad will buy the new version, but plan to stick with G5.5? :confused:

That's a whole lot of money just for a new controller and an old software package.

Did I say anything about my dad? :rolleyes:
Oh! Wait! No!
sorry for the aditude, but seriously?
Where, in my previous post, did I mention my dad?
please reread the post, and if you find the word "dad",
post a quote with the sentence that contains the word "dad"
in red. :eek:

phrank
10-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Your wish sir. :confused:
Did I say anything about my dad? :rolleyes:
Oh! Wait! No!
sorry for the aditude, but seriously?
Where, in my previous post, did I mention my dad?
please reread the post, and if you find the word "dad",
post a quote with the sentence that contains the word "dad"
in red.

pplace
10-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Your wish sir. :confused:

And people wonder why the forums seem "snotty". Get a life phrank (I know you think you are being funny and "cute")

brields
10-07-2011, 06:40 PM
And people wonder why the forums seem "snotty". Get a life phrank (I know you think you are being funny and "cute")

Thank you for backing me up, Pplace.

phrank
10-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Come on Dane. :rolleyes:
Why would the kid want to buy Realflight 6 just for the controller?

pplace
10-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Come on Dane. :rolleyes:
Why would the kid want to buy Realflight 6 just for the controller?

I don't know and I really don't care. Secondly it's none of mine (or your business)

brields
10-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't know and I really don't care. Secondly it's none of mine (or your business)

Becuase I live in an area where the only way to get a controller, is to buy the sim.
Why do I want another controller? Multiplayer split-screen.

Any more questions? to bad. I don't care. Cause they aren't your business.

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I think everybody lives in an area where the only way to get a controller is to by the sim.

phrank
10-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Interesting reaction, Dane, very.... interesting.... :p

Becuase I live in an area where the only way to get a controller, is to buy the sim.
Why do I want another controller? split-screen.

OK, so then why not G5.5 or eve G4, those have got to go for a pretty low price.
$199 still seems like a lot of $$ to get a second controller.

Did you know, you can plug any TX in the back of your Interlink and do the same?

brields
10-07-2011, 07:54 PM
And Phrank, dont you ever bring my family into a "conversation" on the forum.
The forum wasn't created for that spiteful crap.
I hope every member, who doesn't know a lot about respect,
learns from this.

Anyway, what's a TX?

phrank
10-07-2011, 08:05 PM
And Phrank, dont you ever bring my family into a "conversation" on the forum.
The forum wasn't created for that spiteful crap.
I hope every member, who doesn't know a lot about respect,
learns from this.

Anyway, what's a TX?
Hey, you brought them in first..
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=210689&postcount=1650

But anyway this is about Realflight 6 not those who should not be named.
In the RC world:
TX = Transmitter
RX = Receiver.

brields
10-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Phrank, you joined back in 2006.
I joined 2 months ago. and yet,
I seem to know something that you
cant seem to accept, so I won't even
"say" it, but I still accept advice given to me.
You should do the same. Cause you will
have a lot more respect if you do.

If you want to talk about someone else's parents,
that's what Facebook is for.

phrank
10-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes, please. :rolleyes:

Do you like the new box pics?

brields
10-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Again, what's a TX?

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Phrank already answered that.

brields
10-07-2011, 09:18 PM
How does that substitute another controller?
I know you could turn the interlink into controller for a real plane, but
the TX/RX thing cant help if I want two controllers.

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 09:21 PM
RF allows you to use your own TX. Even for multimode. Check the cables that you got with RF.

brields
10-07-2011, 09:23 PM
My Realflight didn't come with any cables.
So does this cable alow the controller to
act as two controllers? :confused:
I cant see how that would work.

Maj. Numbskully
10-07-2011, 09:33 PM
My Realflight didn't come with any cables.
............. :eek: :rolleyes:

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
You use the cable to plug your controller into the interlink. Then you can use both at the same time.

phrank
10-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Well, no wonder you want to buy a full copy with Interlink, that explains quite a lot.
When you do find your cables (check the dog's stomach), :p
You can have a Multimode session with those who shall not be named.
It will look as such.

And to stay on the Realflight 6 topic.... I bet the experience will be about the same.

Is that ok with you Dane? :rolleyes:

brields
10-07-2011, 09:56 PM
You use the cable to plug your controller into the interlink. Then you can use both at the same time.

What controller?
Buy the way, I did check for threads offering info on this.

Maj. Numbskully
10-07-2011, 09:59 PM
errr the one that you use at the feild

abaser
10-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Take your real world transmitter, connect the cord to the trainer port on the back. Connect the other end to the port on the back of your interlink. You now have two controllers to multiplay. ;)

brields
10-07-2011, 10:04 PM
My real controller dosn't have a cord.
There is, however, a female conection to a cable of some type.

abaser
10-07-2011, 10:05 PM
RF comes with the necessary cord for this connection.

brields
10-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Where is the cord located?

abaser
10-07-2011, 10:09 PM
It comes in the box when you buy RF. It is not connected until you connect it.

brields
10-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Oh well, guess i'll be getting a new one :(

abaser
10-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Call tech support. Ill bet you can get a cord pretty cheap. ;)

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Call tech support to make arrangements to get the cord you need. Of course, you'll have to provide serial numbers.

brields
10-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I dont even know if i have the right field controller.
What is Tech suports number?

abaser
10-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Click "support" at the top of this page.

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Brields, post a pic of the controller you are using.

brields
10-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Rds 8000

brields
10-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Jeffpn, why do I get the feeling that your avatar is showing what you are doing right now? :p

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 11:08 PM
How is that connected to your computer?

brields
10-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I think I miss understood something.
Yeah, I know I missed something.

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 11:11 PM
You're using that radio in post #96 to use RF, right? How do you have it connected to your computer?

brields
10-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Will a regular Logitech controller work?

brields
10-07-2011, 11:12 PM
You're using that radio in post #96 to use RF, right? How do you have it connected to your computer?

I'm using an interlink.

Do I need to connect another interlink to it?

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 11:15 PM
If you bought RF New In Box, it came with cords to plug your radio into your Interlink. If you bought it used without the cords or if you no longer have them, you'll have to contact tech support for the right cord. This is really the end of discussion in this thread. It's way off topic. Call tech support for further assistance.

brields
10-07-2011, 11:17 PM
If you bought RF New In Box, it came with cords to plug your radio into your Interlink. If you bought it used without the cords or if you no longer have them, you'll have to contact tech support for the right cord. This is really the end of discussion in this thread. It's way off topic. Call tech support for further assistance.

What radio? I don't understand how the whole thing works.

jeffpn
10-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Radio = RDS8000

jbourke
10-07-2011, 11:23 PM
What radio? I don't understand how the whole thing works.

Step 1. Buy RealFlight
Step 2. Buy an R/C Transmitter
Step 3. Use the cable from the RealFlight box to hook up the transmitter (from Step 2) to the Interlink included in RealFlight (from Step 1).

It's important you don't skip any steps. Where are you in the process?

Jim

brields
10-07-2011, 11:27 PM
O.K. I hope I can work this out.

opjose
10-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Actually it is

Step 1. Buy RealFlight
Step 2. Buy an R/C Transmitter
Step 3. Put transmitter into PPM mode. e.g as you would for buddy boxing.
Step 4. Use the cable from the RealFlight box to hook up the transmitter (from Step 2) to the Interlink included in RealFlight (from Step 1).
Step 5. Check that transmitter is working in Realflight and assign channels.
Step 6. Adjust (edit) models as necessary to work with your new transmitter.

Step 7. Discover that it's just not worth the grief ( unless you are practicing for competition ) and go back to using the Interlink.

brields
10-09-2011, 02:11 AM
Yeah, hence why I'm buying Realflight 6

opjose
10-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah, hence why I'm buying Realflight 6

Huh?

That doesn't change anything.

maxx2504
10-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi !

Will there be an upgrade for G5.5 Users ???

maxx

jeffpn
10-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Yes, and G4 users, too.

nemo_uk
10-10-2011, 05:40 AM
Will there be an upgrade for G5.5 Users ???

$49.99 from Tower Hobbies ...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBLZB&P=7

jeffpn
10-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Is there a potential can of worms here? The RF6 upgrade says that G4 and up users can use it. The G5 upgrade is for G3 and up. If a G3 user upgraded to G5, can he upgrade to G6? The real question is, can a G3 Interlink be used as the primary controller for RF6?

(Neither was this one.)

phrank
10-10-2011, 01:03 PM
An upgrade to an upgrade? :eek:
Thats just weird.

(this post has not been cleared by Dane)

jbourke
10-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Is there a potential can of worms here? The RF6 upgrade says that G4 and up users can use it. The G5 upgrade is for G3 and up. If a G3 user upgraded to G5, can he upgrade to G6? The real question is, can a G3 Interlink be used as the primary controller for RF6?

(Neither was this one.)

Sort of a gray area here, I guess, because I'm not sure if the license allows users to upgrade from G3, and there might not be an official promise of support, so I'm not encouraging anyone to do it.

However, while we haven't fully tested it, we aren't aware of any reason why it wouldn't work, and we discovered no bugs in what testing we did.

The thing is the Interlink Elite is a lot better than the Interlink Plus, and I think on that basis alone if you have G3 we strongly recommend you purchase RF6 outright.

Jim

jeffpn
10-10-2011, 01:30 PM
I agree with you on the improved Interlink. Also, what about somebody who wants the RF6 software and the new Interlink without a MegaPack? Is there a price for that? A previous customer who already has all the Expansion Packs probably wouldn't want either MegaPack.

pplace
10-10-2011, 01:35 PM
An upgrade to an upgrade? :eek:
Thats just weird.

(this post has not been cleared by Dane)

All I have to say is "Screw You Phrank" I'm done and out with KE, their products and their forum. Now back to the phrank and jeffpn forums for the rest of the sheep here.

phrank
10-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Can't think of why anyone would still want to carry over their G3 Interlink, that would probably be quite unreliable by now.
I remember having to do some repairs on mine while I owned it.

I would be surprised if the activation still allowed it.

theluthier
10-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Can't think of why anyone would still want to carry over their G3 Interlink, that would probably be quite unreliable by now.
I remember having to do some repairs on mine while I owned it.

I would be surprised if the activation still allowed it.

$50 vs $200 for my cheap ass. But I gotta wonder. If I upgrade from G3 and my Interlink becomes "broken" at some point. can I get a new one for some price or am I stuck with an old one at some other price?

I know what the answer should be. You can get a new one for $150.... :)

Regards
Michael

phrank
10-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Yikes, out of warranty/discontinued. :eek:
It would be quite a gamble...

sloflyer
10-10-2011, 02:37 PM
The upgrade has been posted at Tower:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNBLZB&P=G
I'm interested in RF6 again. lol

jeffpn
10-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Now back to the phrank and jeffpn forums.Why does he get top billing?

sloflyer
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Why does he get top billing?
After you guys work out who gets top billing. Are you still going to keep the Knife Edge Forums name? :D

opjose
10-11-2011, 05:21 PM
After you guys work out who gets top billing. Are you still going to keep the Knife Edge Forums name? :D

Yeah it will be called the "Beany and Cecil Forums"... :D

"Time to build that guided Muscle!".

nemo_uk
10-12-2011, 06:20 AM
At the risk of getting this thread back to the original topic ;) Hobbico has updated the main realflight site ...

http://www.realflight.com/

There is a bit more info here ...

http://realflight6.com/

jeffpn
10-12-2011, 07:43 AM
The only way you'll get more swap page content with RF6 (speaking EAs only) is if someone gets RF6 who already knows how to model. You've been around long enough to know that that doesn't happen very much. But it could.

opjose
10-12-2011, 02:17 PM

That's how it works all over the world.

Why do I want another controller? Multiplayer split-screen.

You don't need another copy of RF for that.

Any more questions?

Sure, how's mom and dad?

to bad. I don't care. Cause they aren't your business.

Why post on a public forum a response to something so off topic?

Grow a thicker skin, learn not to let the temper rise as it adds more fuel to the fire.

td9cowboy
10-12-2011, 02:47 PM
My mother once said "if you don't have anything nice to say....best you don't say anything at all". Good advice. So....I'm pretty much done "on topic" in this thread. Being heavily invested in RF it's just not in my best interest to HELP Hobbico and KE take themselves out of the game. It's going to be a very long two years guys. Best of luck to ya!

Boof69
10-12-2011, 10:20 PM
I have a question KE. Will the crashing while trying to create .dds files be fixed in RF6?

Maj. Numbskully
10-13-2011, 12:24 AM

Is that to Imply that you never bought the sim in the first place??? :eek:

I have a question KE. Will the crashing while trying to create .dds files be fixed in RF6?
I wouldn't bet a dime that it did get fixed nor I would I hold my breath waiting for the fix any time soon :rolleyes:

phrank
10-13-2011, 12:33 AM
You could probably expect more of the same, per Jims response earlier in the thread:

The rendering system in RF6 is essentially the same as G5.5.

We've done some things to make it look better (especially the smoke) but no overhaul in that area.

Jim

Boof69
10-13-2011, 12:58 AM
That's sucks it,s quite an inconvienience. I have discovered a way to cut the occurance of the crashes by as much half. I've found that if I have rf open and I have the model selected that I'm editing a CS for and I have the editor open before I save a .tga revision when I close out the editor it generates the dds and crashes much less often. I used to cycle models then I started opening the editor to start the dds process. Now I can update the tga 10 to 15 times before a crash happens.

Maj. Numbskully
10-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Odd............
I work exclusively with the 4096 format
and while editing CS s I look at the revisions in RF more than 100 times per CS and RF NEVER dds crashes!!!
even with both normals files at the same size

I just make sure I'm at photofield and don't fly around
( just like the work around to this problem)
I just "walk" and/ or look at it in the aircraft editor
and it does not matter weather I'm in the sim or in the editor when I start the dds process either
it does not crash ever !!

cycling through models makes the problem worse , hence strict adherence to the common workaround even when editing CSs

Boof69
10-13-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm just unlucky then I guess. Its been a problem for me since I've been making models a color schemes.

Maj. Numbskully
10-13-2011, 01:31 AM
well when this problem first came to light
it seemed that 5.0/5.5 did it more often than 4.5

I hope this is not what I have to look forward to in RF6..
I'll be pissed :mad:

phrank
10-13-2011, 01:34 AM
Well, squeaky wheel gets the grease. Start squeaking. :D

Boof69
10-13-2011, 01:34 AM
are you working in 4.5?

Maj. Numbskully
10-13-2011, 01:43 AM
4.5.050 Is all I got...............I thought you knew that

Boof69
10-13-2011, 01:44 AM
I may have I just couldn't recall. G5.5 has pretty consistant crashes while creating dds files for sure.

jeffpn
10-13-2011, 08:32 AM
.dds crashes are nonexistant if not extremely rare for me in G5.5.

Boof69
10-13-2011, 08:45 AM
It would probably happen more for you if you were doing CS updates when working on a model.

jeffpn
10-13-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm sure it could, but it does happen to others who don't do CSs at all. Sometimes the Maj. sends me a few CSs before we release a model. I generate more .dds files than many who don't model or make CSs at all, yet they have the issue.

abaser
10-13-2011, 08:53 AM
.dds crashes are nonexistant if not extremely rare for me in G5.5.
Same here, but as Boof and I are discussing, im not using the full effects of the tga, so that may have something to do with it as well

Boof69
10-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Maybe it's just ATI users. I understand you have Gforce cards.

jeffpn
10-13-2011, 09:10 AM
^
/ \
||
||
||

(Looking over shoulder)

:eek:

Boof69
10-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Via webcam. ;)

jeffpn
10-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Not bad, not bad. How do you do that, since I don't have one??? :p

Maj. Numbskully
10-13-2011, 09:26 AM
yup Nvidea here
I'm using a AMD Single core 1.8 ghz machine with only 2 gig system ram ,and a 1 gig 8600gt
fixing my 2.6 dual core is on the list before I get RF6

abaser .......I use the "full effects of the tga,"(s)
and have no problems

boof...... try adhering to the common workaround :
Start RF at a photofield
and with the Aircraft you are working on already loaded
don't fly around or change aircraft or fields

see if it happens less

Its been discussed that the problem lies more in how much information is loaded into system ram before statring any dds creation rather than with what card you're using
thats why you don't want to change aircraft or fly around ;)

Boof69
10-13-2011, 10:30 AM
I have always done that. Like I said I think it's that I'm running ATI cards.

mwilson914
10-13-2011, 11:33 AM
I had the problem with the .dds errors while running the 9800GT. So far, I haven't with the GTX 560 ti. I always run NVIDIA, but I think the issue lies with the different chipsets between card versions.

Maj. Numbskully
10-14-2011, 12:09 AM
:I never knew or thought that a graphic card had anything to do with creating a file :confused:
just displayed what was in one............what do I know :p

Boof69
10-14-2011, 12:25 AM
It's the video memory overflow that will crash the sim.

brields
10-14-2011, 01:42 AM
That's sucks it,s quite an inconvienience. I have discovered a way to cut the occurance of the crashes by as much half. I've found that if I have rf open and I have the model selected that I'm editing a CS for and I have the editor open before I save a .tga revision when I close out the editor it generates the dds and crashes much less often. I used to cycle models then I started opening the editor to start the dds process. Now I can update the tga 10 to 15 times before a crash happens.

It also takes less time to create the DDS.

phrank
10-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Note by the way that we've dropped the "G" so it is just RealFlight 6 or RF6, not RealFlight G6.

I know that will be hard to get used to.

Jim
Ummmm.... OK, now I'm wondering...
Did Far East Movement have anything to do with this? :confused:

Ryan Douglas
10-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Ummmm.... OK, now I'm wondering...
Did Far East Movement have anything to do with this? :confused:HAH! No, this was not a Green Jellö --> Green Jell˙ type of situation. ;)

brields
10-21-2011, 10:19 PM
It was a "Fly like a G6" situation?
(I saw it on someone's shirt once) :D

jbourke
10-21-2011, 10:23 PM
The reason we dropped the "G", mostly, is just because it looks like a "6".

Jim