PDA

View Full Version : Request RF6 Aircraft Here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jeffpn
12-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Please put all requests for RF6 aircraft in this thread. Modelers like me prefer to look in one thread for request ideas. When people make their own standalone request threads, they get lost over time when the request isn't immediately picked up. Considering how long it takes to make a model for RF, most requests don't get picked up immediately.

Please provide 3-views, specs, and other reference pictures with your request. This will greatly improve your chances of getting a modeler's attention.

Kmot
12-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Mid-30's Army Air Corp attack aircraft.

Here are some teaser pic's. If anyone gets 'intrigued' :p I will provide more. :)

brields
12-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I was researching for a project when I came across this fighter.
Its the Romanian IAR 80, and it was derived from the Polish PZL P24.
Its one of the lesser-known fighters of WWII.
Specifications

Primary Function: fighter

Engine:radial
Power: 205hp.
Length: 5.84ft
Wingspan: 6.62ft
Weight Empty:50lbs
Height: 2.36ft

Max. Speed: 68.4

Range: 117 miles

jeffpn
12-11-2011, 06:40 PM
31 feet? 3 1/4 tons? Too big for my taste.

brields
12-11-2011, 06:44 PM
I figured it would be easier to make a 1/10 scale model if you have the full scale dimensions. :o

jeffpn
12-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I don't think the weight would be 1/10th, if it was an RC model.

You are aware you didn't originally provide the name, right?

brields
12-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Nationality. no manufacturer name found.

jeffpn
12-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Kmot, I'll look into the A-12. I found some good pics through the USAF museum site. They don't have the aircraft, but I did see a few good pics, including a cockpit. Sound good, Maj?

abaser
12-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Looks like an interesting build. One I'll be watching should you go with it.

brields
12-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I calculated the required specs for the IAR 80 down to 1/5th scale, and eddited
my request post. (1/10th scale seems too small.)

jeffpn
12-11-2011, 08:00 PM
300 lbs for an 80" wingspan? You may want to recalculate.

jeffpn
12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Brields, real life measurements may help if the request is for a specific scale. I've never been concerned with real life measurements. I speak only for myself, though. Your weight is waaay off. Truthfully, it's all in the wing loading. That plane should probably have a wingloading of 30 or so. That can be manipulated in RF.

Kmot
12-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Kmot, I'll look into the A-12. I found some good pics through the USAF museum site. They don't have the aircraft, but I did see a few good pics, including a cockpit. Sound good, Maj?
Okay, cool. Here is more info gleaned from the interweb:

Data from The Complete Encyclopedia of World Aircraft[4]
General characteristics
Crew: 2
Length: 32 ft 3 in (9.83 m)
Wingspan: 44 ft 0 in (13.41 m)
Height: 9 ft 4 in (2.84 m)
Wing area: 284 ft² (26.38 m²)
Empty weight: 3,898 lb (1,768 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 5,756 lb (2,611 kg)
Powerplant: 1 × Wright R-1820 "Cyclone" 9-cylinder air-cooled radial engine, 690 hp (515 kW)
Performance
Maximum speed: 177 mph (154 knots, 285 km/h)
Range: 521 mi (453 nmi, 838 km)
Service ceiling: 15,150 ft (4,620 m)
Armament
Guns:
4 × forward-firing .30 in (7.62 mm) machine guns
1 × aft-firing .30 in (7.62 mm) machine gun
Bombs:
4 × 122 lb (55 kg) bombs on underwing racks or 10 × 30 lb (13.6 kg) fragmentation bombs in chutes on either side of the main fuel tank

*Note the machine guns mounted in the wheel spats. Pretty cool. ;)

Kmot
12-12-2011, 02:34 AM
Nice model in a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoQK2_WmcFg

Dave-B
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM
If someone has the inclination I'm sure there would be more than one happy customer for this helicopter.

But I'll beg if I have to... lol

A utube video of Tareq Alsaadi & Goblin 700 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zhVt4RCXqA&feature=player_embedded)

Main Rotor Diameter: 1580mm / 62.20 in.
Tail Rotor Diameter: 296mm / 11.65 in.
Overall Length: 1360mm / 53.54 in.
Overall Height: 380mm / 14.96 in.
Main Shaft Diameter: 12mm
Feathering Shaft Diameter: 10mm
All Up Weight: 3290g / 7.25 lbs.

td9cowboy
12-12-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm right with you! That would be an excellent choice.

mwilson914
12-12-2011, 04:29 PM
If someone has the inclination I'm sure there would be more than one happy customer for this helicopter.

But I'll beg if I have to... lol

A utube video of Tareq Alsaadi & Goblin 700 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zhVt4RCXqA&feature=player_embedded)

Main Rotor Diameter: 1580mm / 62.20 in.
Tail Rotor Diameter: 296mm / 11.65 in.
Overall Length: 1360mm / 53.54 in.
Overall Height: 380mm / 14.96 in.
Main Shaft Diameter: 12mm
Feathering Shaft Diameter: 10mm
All Up Weight: 3290g / 7.25 lbs.

I've seen videos of this beast flying and it's awesome! I wish I had enough time to do it. I might be able to begin a build in January, but it will most likely take me a while to build it since I'm juggling other projects. It would be awesome to have this in the sim none-the-less.

Great request indeed. A front view isn't necessary either. Most of the freelance work I do is done without front views supplied.

phrank
12-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Wow! Agreed, that is one sexy Goblin. I like that extended fuselage way back into the boom.
Thanks for volunteering Matt! :D

jeffpn
12-12-2011, 04:59 PM
C'mon, phrank! I want to see you build it. You know you want to!!

phrank
12-12-2011, 05:00 PM
I don't own a 700 size bird. Flight model would be a joke! :o
Nope, not for me.... :p

jeffpn
12-12-2011, 05:02 PM
So Reggie does the physics! Geesh, do I have to do all the thinking around here??? :p

td9cowboy
12-12-2011, 05:05 PM
The Compass HV7 is also at the top of my wish list.

brields
12-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Brields, real life measurements may help if the request is for a specific scale. I've never been concerned with real life measurements. I speak only for myself, though. Your weight is waaay off. Truthfully, it's all in the wing loading. That plane should probably have a wingloading of 30 or so. That can be manipulated in RF.

So maybe weight = 50lbs.

phrank
12-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Brian,
Look up a realworld R/C implementation of your aircraft, and supply those for your requested model.
Should take a lot of the guesswork out of it if it's based on a "working" real-life hobby model.

td9cowboy
12-13-2011, 11:17 AM
I'd like to request one of those new state of the art top secret unmanned drones like the one we just gave to Iran. I don't know what it's called and no, I don't have any three views. I don't even have one view. But It's really cool and it doesn't seem to need any V stabs. Maybe a little thrust vectoring going on back there? Only thing is, I'd like this one, if it malfunctions, not be set up to safely land it tact in hostile territory. I would also like to have DRM, copyright, and Patent protection built into every component to insure that no one would dare mess with anything in case someone figures out how to snatch it out of my control and safely land it before I can hit the DESTROYVEHICLE key. Intrigued anyone? :D :D

Maj. Numbskully
12-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Don't get me started :eek:

td9cowboy
12-13-2011, 12:46 PM
AAW come on Maj. From what I've seen the CS is so simple Jeffpn could do it himself. ;)

Norton
12-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Lol.............

td9cowboy
12-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Cool Norton! I knew if anyone could find a three view, you could! :D No worries Flex, I just read that he asked for it back :D

phrank
12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
How embarrassing. :o
Unfortunately it takes events like these to put the designers' arrogance in check.
If your top secret aircraft malfunctions, assume you're not getting it back! :mad:
We don't need no stinking self destruct button! :o. Duh!
Educating/outsourcing to our competitors, well that's something else.
Hopefully KE doesn't get any crazy ideas and starts outsourcing our favorite sim.

jeffpn
12-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Well, unlike the RQ-170, this thread was shot to hell!! :p

andy29847
12-13-2011, 02:26 PM
From what I read, the top secret stealth stuff was left off this birdy because it only has one engine. Capture by enemies was anticipated. Maybe the enemy will build theirs just like ours and we can capture one of theirs in a year or 2. Hopefully, it won't be built out of paper mache.

td9cowboy
12-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I agree Phrank. Not only did it not self destruct, if we believe what they are telling us, the thing actually is built to safely land itself intact if it malfunctions? :confused: ;) Now unless the US taxpayers have been giving untold billions in R and D dollars to complete idiots, there might be a little more to this story.

Maj. Numbskully
12-13-2011, 02:50 PM
unless the US taxpayers have been giving untold billions in R and D dollars to complete idiots,
This is news to you ? :p

td9cowboy
12-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Just more of the same Maj. I just thought of a couple of people I'd like to introduce to THE HOOK but I'll request them by PM. :D

Norton
12-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Politics aside, I could fine more info.

snurdly
12-13-2011, 09:35 PM
So there are nice people here that will build a plane for RF6 and put it up on the swap pages? Nice. I have trouble even editing existing planes , let alone building one from scratch or from an existing one.

Most of the beginner planes I want to fly on sim aren't real planes , but they are all made by Hobbico so there are plenty of pics. Do links help?

Here's some I'd like. (sooner or later I'd like to learn how to create them myself) I'm no builder either , but think that perhaps rather than being a builder first then having ability to create a sim plane is normal. Maybe the other way around will prove valuable to me as well (create plane in the sim and then be more skilled in the actual building and design of a model)

All mine are electric powered.

Flyzone:

Sensei
4' Piper cub
Focke-Wulf
Cessna Corvalis

GP:

Flylite
Electro-stik
Cosmic Wind
40" super sportster

Hobbico:

3' Piper J-3
Skyfly Max (I'd fix the earlier gen if I knew how to get rid of I think it is called adverse or reverse yaw)

Cox:

skyranger
Extra 300

Tower:

P-51 D 40"

td9cowboy
12-13-2011, 09:56 PM
It's become a very historic plane. It's pretty cool looking. I would like to see it in realflight. Unless someone thinks for some reason something of this design might be difficult to get flying well, I think it would make a good addition. Something in the eight/ten foot range would be awesome. I'm shocked that you found those three views so quick Norton. What else you got? Even if no one picks it up, I'm pretty curious about it's design.

jeffpn
12-13-2011, 10:16 PM
snurdly,
Let me put it this way: The first thing a modeler must do to build a model is to get reference materials. Pictures, 3-views, specifications. It would take you much less time to find all of that for every one of the models you mentioned, than it would take a modeler to build just one of your ideas. If you are sincere about wanting a particular model, you are going to have to provide much more than the name of the model.

abaser
12-13-2011, 10:27 PM
snurdly,
Let me put it this way: The first thing a modeler must do to build a model is to get reference materials. Pictures, 3-views, specifications. It would take you much less time to find all of that for every one of the models you mentioned, than it would take a modeler to build just one of your ideas. If you are sincere about wanting a particular model, you are going to have to provide much more than the name of the model.
Just to add info here, see posts 2 and 13 for examples of information needed. However, that could be just the beginning as well. You must show you are willing to put forth the effort to make the build go smoothly.

snurdly
12-13-2011, 11:29 PM
snurdly,

I have most all that info , but it would take me a few hrs to compile and sort and post it. How long does an average sim model plane take to build?

jeffpn
12-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Takes me and my artist about a month or two of finding free time to build a model. Probably anywhere from 50-200 hours in all. I wouldn't want you to have to spend a few hours compiling information. ;)

Need For Speed
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Can anyone make a coanda 1910 EA, the first jet aircraft? It doesn't have to be perfect and scale (I would like it to fly!) But close to it would be awesome.

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models...oanda-1910.html

NEED FOR SPEED

Boof69
12-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Your link doesn't even take you to the model your requesting. I'll help you again.
http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/Aircraft/Coanda-1910.html

Maj. Numbskully
12-14-2011, 12:26 PM
No need to double post for the "first jet aircraft" ......that really wasn't

Boof69
12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Actually it was the first jet and it did fly. The inventor of this engine was credited with the discovery of the phenomenon where jet exhaust will cling to the nearest surface. It's known as the Coanda effect.
Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDaUbsWNXvI
Also he was asked to move this here which is the correct place for requests.
He just needs to remove his other post.

td9cowboy
12-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Wow Boof, talk about putting yourself in the hot seat. Great idea, bad implementation. :D

Boof69
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
I don't get your meaning. :confused:
Oh you mean the pilot! I know right.

Maj. Numbskully
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
obviously there is a difference of opinion..................from his link:

"it did not have the right stuff to lift off the ground. The Coanda weighed 926 pounds, yet its 50-horsepower engine only produced 450 pounds of thrust."

another source

http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/Coandas-Claim.html
"The weird-looking flying machine was called “Turbo-Propulseur” by its inventor, the brilliant Romanian aeronautical engineer Henri Coanda. A hundred years ago this week, on December 10, 1910, the Propulseur accidentally flew—or so Coanda would later claim—during taxiing tests at Issy-les-Moulineaux, outside Paris. If true, it was the world’s first jet flight. But Coanda’s accounts of the alleged flight changed markedly over the years, and a close examination of his stories, as well as his patent documents, leave more than a little doubt that it happened at all.

Boof69
12-14-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm just telling you what my research turned up. The numbers are off I'll agree. One of our sources are obviously wrong. It is the first jet engine concept atleast.

Maj. Numbskully
12-14-2011, 02:37 PM
It is the first jet engine concept atleast.

I totally agree with that
but there seems to be no eyewitnesses or any other documentation to back up an actual flight

for example
There were others who got Airbourne with an aircraft BEFORE the Wright bros......but why they are given credit"AS first" is they were the first to demonstrate a heaver than air craft that could change its altitude and direction in a controlled and intended manner
coanda achieved neither..............his own admission that he(supposedly) "took off Accidentally" seems to bear that out
crashing on and not even clearing the runway is not a successful flight........... in my book

Boof69
12-14-2011, 03:10 PM
I agree those things substantiate true flight. I still think it's an interesting aircraft. That's not to say I will be building it. :) I'm sure there many stories like this in aviation history.

td9cowboy
12-14-2011, 03:10 PM
After watching the video, I would guess a flight in that plane would not be survivable sitting right in the exhaust plume.

Maj. Numbskully
12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
I just can't fathom that he did not realize that to begin with??? :eek:

I agree I'm not saying that it should not be made for RF.........we have Tie fighters , pizzas ,lawnmowers , Santa Claus and flying Deloreans

jeffpn
12-14-2011, 03:42 PM
I WANT MY THREAD BACk!!!!! :p

td9cowboy
12-14-2011, 03:54 PM
What a whiner. Start your own thread. (as td9 takes a peek at his desktop) :D

OH wait... this is your.........never mind.

dhk79
12-15-2011, 02:04 PM
snurdly,
Most of those planes have already been modeled (in one version or another) and it's not likely that a modeler is going to take the time to start afresh with something that's already out there. You do realise that G3 through G5.5 models can be imported into RF6 too? Find the plane you want, even if the one on the swaps is the wrong size, then create an AV to adjust it to what you want. Much less work than redoing a 3D model from the start.
Doug

snurdly
12-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys for all the replies. Most of this is very new to me. I had cookie issue and wasn't getting notices to replies either.

It sounds like it is a LOT of work to build a model, yikes. I can fathom thousands of dollars for just one sim. Anyways, before I listed my planes I went thru the swap files and only listed the ones I couldn't find. The couple I did find were so bad flying unlike the real thing I figured it was a RF generation thing and didn't go back past RF 4. I'm going to search again and go back to earlier swap files.

Maybe I can go about this a better way and be a lot better for me. What is the best way to "learn" how to build or even mod planes ? Maybe that will teach me to fish rather than feed me a fish per say. ;)

EDIT I think I just found out what a AV is and will search those as well.

brields
12-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Brian,
Look up a realworld R/C implementation of your aircraft, and supply those for your requested model.
Should take a lot of the guesswork out of it if it's based on a "working" real-life hobby model.

There realy isn't a real world RC of my proposed RC aircraft.

Again, How the heck do you know my name?

phrank
12-16-2011, 10:52 PM
There realy isn't a real world RC of my proposed RC aircraft.

Weird, simple query search turned up this little gem. :confused:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446637

...and this youtoob vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i98PYOrJ2hg

Good Luck!

Norton
12-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Pretty interesting craft:

Looks to be powered and un-powered versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6XWaSeQV2NA#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-1uTSuiAqs&feature=related

http://www.flymanilla.com/Equipment/SWIFTLITEULGlider/tabid/344/Default.aspx

http://aero.stanford.edu/reports/swiftarticle1991.html

Being a part time paraglider this one always looked interesting Just throwing it out there.

The prototypes were R/C also.

brields
12-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Weird, simple query search turned up this little gem. :confused:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446637

...and this youtoob vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i98PYOrJ2hg

Good Luck!

I guess thats the last time I trust Google! :o

phrank
12-17-2011, 07:06 PM
I guess thats the last time I trust Google! :o
It's not the search engine's fault. ;)

StressLess
12-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi! I'm just starting out RC flight training and am getting instruction from an AMA certified instructor at the local club. I grew up in the '70s around control line and free flight models, but have only recently responded to the call of RC aircraft.

I've had several lessons using the instructor's Sig Senior trainer and have purchased a Hobbico Hobbistar 60 MkIII ARF and will be using an OS .55 AX engine in it for my own (plane and engine will arrive next week). After watching me flying the Sig Senior my instructor felt that the Hobbistar might be a good fit for me due to some of the differences from a trainer like a Senior (still a large airframe but is a little faster and more maneuverable due to the semi-symmetrical wing, but can be dialed back to give a good training experience).

My instructor also insisted that I spend lots of time on a RC simulator, so I chose RealFlight 6 after looking over competing products like Phoenix and Clearview. I made the choice on RF6 before settling on a trainer airplane and now need a Hobbistar model to practice with.

I would like to see the Hobbistar get built for RF6, or at the very least some information on how to modify one of the existing aircraft (like maybe the NexSTAR) to mimic a Hobbistar using the aircraft editor in RF6 (or maybe both a model and mod instructions till the model is ready, if possible). I just don't have the skill level to do this myself!

Here are it's specs (from the Tower Hobbies website):

Wingspan: 71" (1805mm)
Wing Area: 888" (57 dm2)
Wing Chord: 12.5"
Weight: 7-8lb (3175-3629g)
Wing Loading: 18-21 oz/sq ft (55-64 g/dm2)
Length: 55" (1400mm)
Width- 3 3/8"
Airfoil: Semi-Symmetrical, High-Wing
Center of Gravity: 3" Back from the wing's leading edge at the fuselage sides.

Control Throws- Ailerons: Up & Down 3/8" (11mm)
Elevator: Up & Down 1/2" (13mm)
Rudder: Right & Left 1" (26mm)

There is a ton of information available on the Hobbistar including an article on how to assemble it, nifty modifications to make and at least one flight test (all with pictures). Here are the links for that:

Hobbistar 60 MKIII ARF (http://www.hobbico.com/airplanes/hcaa2125.html)
The End of the Beginning (http://masportaviator.com/2005/10/05/the-end-of-the-beginning/)
Not Your Stock Hobbistar Part One (http://masportaviator.com/2005/11/10/not-your-stock-hobbistar-part-one/)
Not Your Stock Hobbistar Part Two (http://masportaviator.com/2005/11/10/not-your-stock-hobbistar-part-two/)
Hobbico HobbiStar 60Mk III (http://masportaviator.com/2005/05/15/hobbico-hobbistar-60mk-iii/)

And here are some pictures:

http://www.masportaviator.com/articlepics/ftgu_endofthebeginning/endofthebeginning_01.jpg
ARF parts

http://www.masportaviator.com/articlepics/hobbistar/hobbistar10.JPG
Hobbistar Airfoil (the Hobbistar Select is the RTF version of this ARF)

http://pics.towerhobbies.com/image/h/hcaa2125.jpg
The Hobbico Hobbistar 60 MkIII ARF

http://www.masportaviator.com/articlepics/hobbistarTPR/HobbiStar60TPRArtPhoto01.jpg
Another angle (note mods to aileron servos and wing attachment)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f6/tommysr32/DSC01888.jpg
And another angle

http://www.masportaviator.com/articlepics/notyourstockhobbistar_partone/notyourstockhobbistar_01.jpg
And yet another angle (note mods to aileron servos and wing attachment)

http://images.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/162879/Da83355.jpg
And a tail end view

http://www.hobbico.com/airplanes/hcaa2125cbig.jpg
Hobbistar in flight

Thanks,

James

jeffpn
12-24-2011, 08:11 PM
RF has a stock Nexstar that will do. I also recently built a Carl Goldberg Eagle 2 available here. http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=15849
There's also a nitro variant for it. The link is found on the main page for the Eagle. Click the yellow question mark for help on importing.

StressLess
12-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Are you sure the NexSTAR would do?

It has a flat bottom wing with "SpinControl™ Airfoil Extensions" (nubs on the front of the wings), is much smaller (46) and has an air-brake built in to the trailing edge of the wings near the fuselage on each side.

The Hobbistar is much larger (60) and has a semi-symmetrical wing with a wider chord than you would normally see and some dihedral. There are no nubs and no air-brakes on it as there are in the NexSTAR.

I haven't flown either yet personally, but have been told by guys in the local club that they do fly noticeably different from each other and recommended against the NexSTAR if I had the choice (which I did).

I did download the Goldberg Eagle 2 and tried it out. I sincerely hope the Hobbistar doesn't fly like that while I'm training on it! It's for a more advanced student pilot than I am.

One of the first things I had to learn while looking to see what trainer I would get for myself was that the term 'trainer' needs to be qualified with WHAT it's supposed to train you on! I needed a plane that was good for basic training and found most of the 'trainers' were for aerobatics or 3D flight.

Were I to describe my understanding of the Hobbistar in a single phrase, I would call the it a "semi-aerobatic basic trainer". Neither the NexSTAR nor the Goldberg Eagle 2 could be described in that way based on the 2nd hand information I have. The Eagle 2 and NexSTAR do fly QUITE a bit different from each other in RF6 though, which I know from first hand experience!!

RF6 has very few basic trainers. The Hobbistar would be a good one to add to that roster. I'm just not at the level to do it myself...

James

jeffpn
12-24-2011, 09:59 PM
The two aircraft that I mentioned have long been regarded as good trainers. The truth is, anything you fly in RF will help teach basic skills like orientation. As far as a lack of trainers in RF, you have a point. I agree with you. That said, the request for trainers peaks at Christmastime. There's not much call for trainers the rest of the year, but sometimes people ask for them. Modelers have never seemed very interested in making trainers. Generally by the time people learn to model, they are beyond trainers. Perhaps they/we see that as a step backward.

flexible
12-24-2011, 10:29 PM
You provide three views and specks, and I will make it tomorrow. I love trainers. They don't need a lot of prop wash, hehe.

jeffpn
12-24-2011, 10:35 PM
StressLess, I knew I could dig up someone for you! ;)

brields
12-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Are you sure the NexSTAR would do?

It has a flat bottom wing with "SpinControl™ Airfoil Extensions" (nubs on the front of the wings), is much smaller (46) and has an air-brake built in to the trailing edge of the wings near the fuselage on each side.

The Hobbistar is much larger (60) and has a semi-symmetrical wing with a wider chord than you would normally see and some dihedral. There are no nubs and no air-brakes on it as there are in the NexSTAR.

I haven't flown either yet personally, but have been told by guys in the local club that they do fly noticeably different from each other and recommended against the NexSTAR if I had the choice (which I did).

I did download the Goldberg Eagle 2 and tried it out. I sincerely hope the Hobbistar doesn't fly like that while I'm training on it! It's for a more advanced student pilot than I am.

One of the first things I had to learn while looking to see what trainer I would get for myself was that the term 'trainer' needs to be qualified with WHAT it's supposed to train you on! I needed a plane that was good for basic training and found most of the 'trainers' were for aerobatics or 3D flight.

Were I to describe my understanding of the Hobbistar in a single phrase, I would call the it a "semi-aerobatic basic trainer". Neither the NexSTAR nor the Goldberg Eagle 2 could be described in that way based on the 2nd hand information I have. The Eagle 2 and NexSTAR do fly QUITE a bit different from each other in RF6 though, which I know from first hand experience!!

RF6 has very few basic trainers. The Hobbistar would be a good one to add to that roster. I'm just not at the level to do it myself...

James

You can always try the Hobico Upstar.

Norton
12-25-2011, 02:18 AM
You can always try the HOBBICO Upstar.

And where would that be? Swaps, Add-On's, Exp Packs or the hobby shop? :rolleyes:

Provide some more info.................

Brian8474
01-02-2012, 03:35 PM
I would love to have a Blade SR as i just purchased one! I would be forever Grateful. :D

Length. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19.10 in (485mm)
Height . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.90 in (176mm)
Main Rotor Diameter. . . . . . . . . . . . 21.80 in (552mm)
Tail Rotor Diameter. . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.20 in (82mm)
Weight with Battery. . . . . . . . . . . . . 120 oz (340 g)
Main Motor. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Brushless 3900Kv (installed)
Tail Motor. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Direct-Drive N60 (installed)
Battery. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3S 11.1V 1000mAh Li-Po (included)
Charger . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3-Cell 11.1V Li-Po
Power Supply. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . AC to 12V DC, 1.5A (included)
Transmitter. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . HP6DSM 2.4GHz DSM 6-channel (included)*
Receiver. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Spektrum AR6110e 2.4GHz DSM Microlite (installed)
On-Board Electronics. . . . . . . . . . . . 2-in-1 Mixer/ESCs (installed)
Servos. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . DS75 Digital Sub-Micro (3 installed)
Gyro. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . G110 Micro Heading Lock (installed)

Brian8474
01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Lol i didnt even notice! We need this model for RF6 :D

polster74
01-02-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure if it is physically possible, but I believe an ornithopter (basically a plane that flaps its wings and flies like a bird) could be good for something totally different and definitely a challenge for someone who is willing!
Apparently they are very efficient.

(An ornicopter is basically a helicopter with no tail that "flaps" its rotors as they rotate.)

I have been scouring the net for 3-view plans but couldn't find anything useful.

Attached are some pics from www.flappingflight.com

Norton
01-02-2012, 11:07 PM
There is one on the swaps: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1263

Maj. Numbskully
01-02-2012, 11:50 PM
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=9736
......................... ;)

polster74
01-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the prompt replies.

Inkys ornithopter was simple to edit for RF6 and flies well.

The RoBird-V2 on the other hand is beyond my ability. The model looks great but it flies down and glides up. I can edit it to glide level but have no idea how to get it to fly level under power. Could anyone who understands the physics of this have a go at editing it for RF6?

Fun2av8RC
01-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Hopefully somebody is already working on this or a cloan ...

Power Plant Size: 25-46 Electric
Wingspan: 42.6 in (1080mm)
Overall Length: 35.0 in (889mm
Overall Length: 35.0 in (889mm)
Wing Area: 565 sq. in. (36.5 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 4.40 lb (2.0 kg)
Motor Size: 32-size 1010Kv Brushless Outrunner (installed)
Radio: AR600 6-channel DSMX receiver (installed)
Servos: 5 digital high-speed, high-power sub-micro servos; 1 digital high-power metal-gear mini servo (installed)
CG (Center of Gravity): 21.8-22.2 in (553-565mm) back from the airplane nose
Wing Loading: 17.9 oz/sq. ft.
Prop Size: 10 x 8
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/c-z-scimitar-pnp-EFL10180

td9cowboy
01-05-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm looking forward to those models when KE gets RF 6 finished. ;) The Carbon-Z Scimitar is a little different than those models though. The motor pivots with the rudders to vector the thrust and comes with landing gears, retracts as an option. Should be an interesting project for someone. No one could accuse those boys over at Horizon of sitting on their hands. I haven't seen a clear shot of the inner workings of that motor pivot yet but one of the guys at the field just got one so I'll be seeing one in person soon. He's a pretty good pilot so it will be interesting to see what new tricks he invents with this plane. I'd be willing to wager a little chicken with Jeff on this being the next release for Phoenix.

Fun2av8RC
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I am really watching the swap pages for someone to release a Carbon-Z Scimitar. I'd be happy if the first try didn't have the thrust vectoring as I hear it is complicated. I was there the day that our local hobby shop owner flew his. Pretty impressive and fast.

Wonder if Phoenix will release a version? We do know they are working on a major release - no idea yet when they will publish it.

Anybody working on the Carbon-Z Scimitar?

jeffpn
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Anybody working on the Carbon-Z Scimitar?
I'm not. I have no idea what it is.

Norton
01-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm sure if a modeler picked up your request, they would let you know. ;)

flexible
01-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Go for it jeff, I may never see the light of day again
You can set the retracts up on pods.

jeffpn
01-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Heh. I guess I could've scrolled up 2 posts to see where he requested it a few days ago. He put a small pic there. Maybe he's going to request it until someone agrees to do it? :confused: :rolleyes:

flexible
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't kill you to be generous. That is, unless you are only making planes for two people.

jeffpn
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
I make what interests me, flex. I'm pretty sure I've taken requests from more than two people.

Fun2av8RC
01-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Heh. I guess I could've scrolled up 2 posts to see where he requested it a few days ago. He put a small pic there. Maybe he's going to request it until someone agrees to do it? :confused: :rolleyes:

Truth is that I was really commenting on post #79 that td9Cowboy made about Phoenix and the Horizon guys.

Sorry Jeff - I wasn' trying to be pushy ... Just curious. I guess what you are telling me is that one request is sufficient - if someone is interested in building the model they will post that interest - if not - they won't. Please excuse the enthusiasm - I am so totally new to this - and am only beginning to grasp the level of complexity and skill needed to build a RF model.

Jim

jeffpn
01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
No problem. If you post a request in the Request thread in any of the subforums, the people who model will notice it. Right now there are about 4 active modelers. None of us have to model for RF, but I think it's safe to say we love doing it. When I'm short on idea, I will go to the Request thread, typically the latest version (now RF6). I'll scour it for something that interests me. If there's no pictures, I won't bite. I need reference material. 3-views and model specs, preferrably. I'm no artist. I'm a tracer. I can't make a model off a thumbnail shot like the one flex posted.

mwilson914
01-10-2012, 02:40 PM
B377SG Super Guppy

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/gallery/graphics/B377SG/Medium/EG-0014-01.gif

Here is a collection of photos of this ugly beast. I love ugly aircraft.

This seems like the perfect plane for you Jeff. :D

Norton
01-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I have that plane on my hard drive somewhere. I don't remember who made it and it does have some flaws. (Front landing gear).

jeffpn
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
No thanks, Matt. :p

mwilson914
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
I have that plane on my hard drive somewhere. I don't remember who made it and it does have some flaws. (Front landing gear).

Yeah? I could only find the "Guppy" glider on the swaps and not the Super Guppy. I would like to add it to my personal list of to-do's, but I have several projects still on hold and of course the two versions of the Skycrane which should be done before too much longer. I also have another project that means a lot to me which is probably going to be moved to the front of the list along with one other project I was going to finish previously.

Hab
01-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I've got a request ...

How bout a TF Taurus for RF6? Seems someone was willing to pick up on it before TG. (couple of weeks before it could be finished) .........

Never heard anything again. :confused:

Fun2av8RC
01-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Couldn't find another thread to ask this and did not want to start a thread for a single question ...

Does anyone know of a heli that has retracts/wheels you can ground taxi around the airport? Need one to test my airport with.

So far I have tried
- Agusta Estland EH101_G35
- CH-46 Micro Heli
- Bell 222
- AH-64 Apache - This one should have worked - its like the wheels are glued on
- Jayhawk - another one that should be easy to taxi on the ground - wheels locked

Many Thanks .... // Jim

Fun2av8RC
01-12-2012, 07:14 PM
the Ad Skyraider is a Jet ... Not a Heli. Thanks for suggesting .

phrank
01-12-2012, 09:45 PM
And what does that have to do with helis?

:D Give him some time. :D
Forum Newbs only read the last post, not the entire thread in context... :p

jeffpn
01-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Progressive Aerodyne SeaRey would also be welcome.
Yep, phrank, they only read the last post. :rolleyes:

jj, if you want to intrigue a modeler, you really need to stack the odds in your favor. You have not done that.

Fun2av8RC
01-14-2012, 09:56 AM
My orginal post was asking for a heli model that can ground taxi ( you know - roll around on their wheels while the rotors are turning). Still haven't found one.

jennies-jets responded with 'How about a SkyRaider" to which I responded " A SkyRaider is not a heli".

td9cowboy
01-14-2012, 10:17 AM
I've tried to taxi quite a few of them with no luck at all. I just assumed it wasn't possible in RF. You have to get the back end of the heli clear off the ground before you can get enough forward pitch to move.

brields
01-14-2012, 11:03 PM
My orginal post was asking for a heli model that can ground taxi ( you know - roll around on their wheels while the rotors are turning). Still haven't found one.

jennies-jets responded with 'How about a SkyRaider" to which I responded " A SkyRaider is not a heli".

I have a feeling JJ was makeing a request for the original thread. By coincidents, it fell under your post.

rg1570
01-17-2012, 07:46 PM
If someone could convert the "Titan X-50" from either expansion pack 8 or the heli mega pack to a flybarless I would greatly appriciate it.

chymas
01-20-2012, 12:52 AM
I am currently building a 1/8 scale C-2A Greyhound from scratch.

I contacted Northrop Grumman and they sent me tons of pdf files that I have uses to draw up the CAD drawings needed to build the model.

I have 3 view CAD drawings of the entire model; wing, horizontal stab, vertical stab ribs and control surfaces; fuselage cross sections; engine nacells.

All of my drawings are 2D, 3D is not my thing but all of my drawings and lines are spot on.

This model has some very unique designs: aileron droop, 4 vertical stabilizers - only 3 have moving sufaces.

The scale model I am building will be powered with 2 Syssa 30 cc engines. I have a build thread on RC Universe

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10870974/anchors_10870974/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#10870974

dhk79
01-20-2012, 08:53 AM
The C-2A Greyhound would be one I'd like to take up, unfortunately I don't have the "free" time to dedicate to the task right now. I'd be willing to assist with physics if another modeler is interested in a joint endeavour.

Doug

Fun2av8RC
01-20-2012, 11:03 AM
I've tried to taxi quite a few of them with no luck at all. I just assumed it wasn't possible in RF. You have to get the back end of the heli clear off the ground before you can get enough forward pitch to move.

Kinda ironic that the modelers would put hours and hours on pains taking details right down to the rivots and not think about something so basic as making sure that the wheels turn and that the Heli would roll forward in ground idle with full forward elevator.

I am not being critical as I am in awe over the effort needed to build a model in RF.

Wish someone would be so kind as to fix this issue in their scale Heli and post notice that the mod is done.

brields
01-24-2012, 10:12 PM
a Flying Dog!

dhk79
01-25-2012, 02:19 PM
a Flying Dog!
Beware of the exhaust blast...

Norton
01-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Arado Ar 96b was a German single-engine, low-wing monoplane of all-metal construction produced by Arado Flugzeugwerke. It was the Luftwaffe's standard advanced trainer during World War II.

As you can see I've found some nice real R/C plans.

This plane is a David P Anderson Design! It's a built kit on the market.

Role Military Trainer
Manufacturer Arado Flugzeugwerke
Designer Walter Blume
First flight 1938
Introduction 1939
Primary users Luftwaffe
Czechoslovakian Air Force
Hungarian Air Force
Romanian Air Force
Number built ~ 3,500

Wingspan: 86 "
Wing area: 1060 sq. in.
Length: 71 "
String wing: 15 "(max)
Dihedral: 5 ° each side
Weight: 240 oz (15 lb)
Wing loading: 33 oz/sq. FT.
Engines: 1.5-1.8 cu. in. 4-Stroke

I have some good info on this plane so it will take a couple posts.

Norton
01-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Incredible cockpit gauge photo's: http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/Flugzeuge/Transporter/Ar%2096/Cockpit/Cockpit%20Ar%2096.htm

Partial build thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10572517/anchors_10572517/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#10572517

More to come..........

Norton
01-31-2012, 04:55 AM
Just a couple more,,,,,,,

Timeflyer
01-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Hello, would like to request having this model made for the RF6 version.

Gaui Hurricane 200 V2 Flybarless
Overall length: 415mm
Main rotor diameter: 428mm
Tail rotor diameter: 100mm
Motor: KV4800 brushless motor (included)
ESC : 18A ESC (included)
Flying weight: 265g ~ 285g (It may vary according to size of a battery pack and R/C gears.)
Main rotor blades: 200mm SP Blades(included) or Wooden(option)
Battery : Li-Po battery (7.4v~11.1v/800mah/15C or more
Microbeastx (Flybarless controler)

http://www.completeheli.com/Gaui-Hurricane-200-V2-Flybarless-Kit?sessid=ffstn9fq986ss0rt5v72f9ueq2

Thank you,
Julius

smcnally
02-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Any chance in getting a Mini Funtana that is true to the real thing? There's one already, but it isn't that great and the physics seem way off. The existing model is also just a sized down version of one of the katana models so I don't think anyone really paid much attention to making the physics match the real thing. Lots of high res pictures can be found here http://www.sonnyhome.com/Mini-Funtana.htm

CG (center of gravity): 3-1/8" (80mm) behind leading edge

Control Throw (Ailerons): Low Rate - 1" (25mm) up/down or High Rate - 1-7/8" (48mm) up/down

Control Throw (Elevator): Low Rate - 3/4" (19mm) up/down or High Rate - 2-5/16" (58mm) up/down

Control Throw (Rudder): Low Rate - 1-3/4" (95mm) up/down or High Rate - 2-3/4" (95mm) up/down

Flying Weight: 22 – 25 oz (625 - 710 g)

Fuel Type: Electric

Motor Size: Park 400 Brushless 3700Kv or 4200Kv

Overall Length: 36 in (915 mm)

Plane Type: Aerobatic & 3D

Prop Size: 12 x 6

Wing Area: 329 sq in (21 sq dm)

Wingspan: 37 in (940mm)

abaser
02-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Sounds interesting. What's the wingspan?

smcnally
02-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Sounds interesting. What's the wingspan?
Just added that to my post...Don't know how I forgot that!

Wing Area: 329 sq in (21 sq dm)

Wingspan: 37 in (940mm)

abaser
02-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Do me a favor, and I'll try to return it. If you can find some good, straight on shots from the front, side, and top, fully assembled, I'll give it a shot.

smcnally
02-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Do me a favor, and I'll try to return it. If you can find some good, straight on shots from the front, side, and top, fully assembled, I'll give it a shot.

That would be awesome! I can't find anything good online so I'll snap some pictures of mine when I get home tonight.

abaser
02-01-2012, 03:07 PM
So you have one............even better. :D

Maj. Numbskully
02-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Any chance in getting a Mini Funtana that is true to the real thing? There's one already, but it isn't that great and the physics seem way off. The existing model is also just a sized down version of one of the katana models so I don't think anyone really paid much attention to making the physics match the real thing.
Pardon me boys......but if there is a problem with the physics of any of the existing funtana's how is modeling a funtana "true to the real thing"
gonna fix anything???
you still need someone who has flown a mini funtana to do the physics ...really until you can find that person...whats the point?
I'm going to start a new thread that might be helpful to the RF community for requests of this type ...."Request Physics Here". worth a try 'eh ?

phrank
02-01-2012, 07:09 PM
There's one already, but it isn't that great and the physics seem way off.

Agree with the Major,
Without an accurate or detailed description of what exactly isn't so great or what seems off, the model Andy intends to build for him isn't magically going to get better.
If an exact visual duplicate is what is required to create the illusion of true to the real thing, then sure, that'll do. :p

abaser
02-01-2012, 08:12 PM
In afraid I have to agree with these guy's. I dont search for things on my phone and I was under the assumption that there wasn't a good representation of the model you want. Now that I'm home,i see there is, it just needs an av like said above. Sorry.

smcnally
02-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Pardon me boys......but if there is a problem with the physics of any of the existing funtana's how is modeling a funtana "true to the real thing"
gonna fix anything???
you still need someone who has flown a mini funtana to do the physics ...really until you can find that person...whats the point?
I'm going to start a new thread that might be helpful to the RF community for requests of this type ...."Request Physics Here". worth a try 'eh ?

Totally understand. But, maybe I'm wrong, but a true Mini Funtana doesn't exist yet. The existing mini funtana files are either based off of the mini funtanax or the mini katana. Does that make any difference? If it's just physics tweaks that have to be made then I'm cool with that too.

Either way, here are the pictures I took, just in case anyone feels like making a color scheme that is more true to the plane.

smcnally
02-02-2012, 10:33 AM
and the rest of them...

jeffpn
02-02-2012, 11:13 AM
If your plane is the same shape as the bigger one people have mentioned, then there is no need to model a different one. Think of the pics you've posted. What if your pictured plane is 20 feet long, and that door is 100 feet high? It's just a scale, which is addressed only in the physics editor. A new colorscheme will not affect how a plane flies. Thats all in the aircraft editor.

noah410
02-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi,
i would like to request an airplane, The plane is called an Arrow V3, It is made by Donatas Pauzuolis. http://www.pauzuolis-rc.com/stories/for-sale/arrow-v3-is-back.html sorry I don't have the 3 view or anything.
Thanks,
Noah ;)

jeffpn
02-07-2012, 07:58 PM
No 3-view for a flat profile plane? Bad, bad, bad. My mind went straight to work on how to get an accurate 3-view. Use your imagination.

Maj. Numbskully
02-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Do you own the plane ? .................take pictures just like a 3-view, strait on ...front ,side, top

noah410
02-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi,
I know where there are plans and 3 views, but you would have to buy them.
I am thinking about buying them but i would want to try them:)
Thanks

noah410
02-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Sorry but i don't own the plane, the reason i wanted to request the plane is that i would be able to fly it.
Thanks

phrank
02-07-2012, 08:04 PM
It was made back in G3, but not as a 3D, but an Arrow 4D rather.
How many bloody D's are there? :eek: :D
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=85254&postcount=1

noah410
02-07-2012, 08:06 PM
could you guys take that model and rework the physics and update the paint scheme, tha would work great. Thanks

jeffpn
02-07-2012, 08:08 PM
You ask that as if you have no idea how much time would be involved in doing that.

brields
02-07-2012, 08:36 PM
@Noah: Gimp is free and easy to use.
(hint-hint)

noah410
02-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi Jeffpn,
actually I do know how hard it is because I tried myself, and I respect the work you guys do. Take your time on the model.
Thanks,
Noah

jeffpn
02-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Take your time on the model.
Heh. Okay!

brields
02-07-2012, 08:51 PM
My tung hurts from biting it so hard.

noah410
02-07-2012, 08:54 PM
ok? :confused:

noah410
02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
i'm downloading gimp as we speak. :cool:

brields
02-07-2012, 08:57 PM
ok? :confused:

O.K. I guess I'll let loose.
You can't just assume a modeler will build the plane you have requested.
Assume: ASSUME
Just like one would remember how to spell the word, The same rule applies here.

noah410
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
i know that

Maj. Numbskully
02-07-2012, 09:03 PM
In order for someone to make it fly like the model you want to buy/Build .............. that someone would have to know how it flies FIRST...catch22
you need someone who has or its all a waste of time

noah410
02-07-2012, 09:06 PM
hmmmmm ok, so I guess i need to contact the designer.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Noah

Maj. Numbskully
02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
but then that designer needs RF to do the physics , theres more involved that just a description of how it flies
but there is one forum member here I have in mind who does a good job of pulling something like that off ...but I can't volunteer his time...maybe he'll chime in

noah410
02-07-2012, 09:13 PM
ok.
Thanks for your help.

Noah

noah410
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi guys,
I have another request for an airplane and this time i have a 3 view.
The plane is a Vans RV-8.
I looked for one on the swaps but couldn't find one so if someone found one or could make one that would be great.

Thanks,

Noah

http://www.toadsrv8.com/Images/rv-8_3view.png

jeffpn
02-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi guys,
I have another request for an airplane and this time i have a 3 view.
The plane is a Vans RV-8.
I looked for one on the swaps but couldn't find one so if someone found one or could make one that would be great.

Thanks,

Noah

http://www.toadsrv8.com/Images/rv-8_3view.png
Granted.

noah410
02-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could make a model of an ar drone from parrot.
Thanks,
Noah

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwVtVl_BxgcE7ZQu2qfvfGdxNjiErSZ d6qXQPZmu4AXdJYVuOG

phrank
02-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could make a model of an ar drone from parrot.
Thanks,
Noah

It's in the queue, if the old man can stop cursing the .kex. :D
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27459

noah410
02-08-2012, 08:25 PM
ok, great

Maj. Numbskully
02-08-2012, 09:06 PM
noah410...
Pick a Color Scheme...take your time It'll be a little while before I need to know
or I'll just wing it
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-701&sz=all&va=vans+rv-8

brields
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
So, I was just going through one of my books about pre WWII military aircraft,
and this one aircraft- a glider, caught my eye.
Has any one heard of the Junkers Ju-322 Mammut (Mammoth)?

jeffpn
02-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I have not.

brields
02-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Supposedly, It's the biggest glider ever to fly. I can't remember all the details'
so I'll have to see if Wikipedia has a data base, but I do know that there is only
one known picture of it.
Any info here is from Wikipedia, and they have full credit.
The Junkers Ju 322 Mammut (Mammoth) was a heavy transport military glider, resembling a giant flying wing, proposed for use by the Luftwaffe in World War II. Only two prototypes were ever built. Designed in late 1940 by Junkers as the Junkers EF 94, the Ju 322 was to be a large glider for transport, to fulfill the same role as the Me 321 Gigant (Giant) glider.
Armament for production gliders was planned to be three turrets each housing a single MG 15 machine gun.
During construction of the first prototype (Ju 322 V1), problems were encountered with building an all-wooden glider as Junkers did not have the expertise in the use of such materials. A test with a battle tank compacted the loading floor, leading to redesign, further reducing the payload.
The glider was also highly unstable under tow but, after being released, it stabilised but landed in a field from which it took two weeks to tow back to the launch airfield by tanks. Although design improvements were planned for the Ju 322, the RLM ordered the Ju 322 project dropped in May 1941, considering it an inherently poor design.
full scale
Crew: 1
Payload: 11,000 kg(22,000 lb.) (24,255 lb)
Length: 30.25 m (99 ft 3 in)
Wingspan: 62 m (203 ft 5 in)
Height: ()
Wing area: 925 m² (9,952 sq ft)
Useful load: 11,000 kg (24,255 lb)

Unfortunately, It appears that no one has ever attempted to make an R/C version in real life. :(

noah410
02-12-2012, 02:09 PM
i can only send the pics though email.

Hab
02-12-2012, 04:31 PM
O.K. I guess I'll let loose.
You can't just assume a modeler will build the plane you have requested.
Assume: ASSUME
Just like one would remember how to spell the word, The same rule applies here.

Ditto

brields
02-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Hab, that discussion is over. Let sleeping dogs lie.

jeffpn
02-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Hab, that discussion is over. Let sleeping dogs lie.Says the kid who replied to an eight year old post.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?p=221834#post221834

mwilson914
02-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Wow!

brields
02-12-2012, 06:46 PM
WTH!? What was that thread doing in my "new posts" box!? :confused: :eek:

mwilson914
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Let's at least keep it clean. Everyone knows what that acronym stands for. It's not something I would want to have to define for my kids.

jeffpn
02-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Watch your mouth, brields. There are other kids here.

brields
02-12-2012, 07:21 PM
WTH=What The Heck. :cool:

Norton
02-12-2012, 07:24 PM
You can edit your post all you want, we still know what you originally posted.:rolleyes:

brields
02-12-2012, 07:51 PM
I know.

dh60man
02-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Appreciate any consideration anyone gives this, I would love to fly this one! If possible could it be mapped (?) so that it would be possible to do repaints, I've done a few repaints but would love to get good at it on this one! Attached are two 3+ views and a few of my DH.60 profiles, If someone's interested in this, I can provide a reduced size copy of the Bill Northrop 1/4 scale plans, a full size set of Peanut Scale DH.60 plans, and photos from just about any angle you'd want (just PM or e-mail me with your needs) Thanks again ~ Robin

Specifications:
Length: 23 ft 11 in (7.29 m)
Wingspan: 30ft (9.14 m) - Quarter scale = 90" - 1/6th scale = 60"
Height: 8 ft 9½ in (2.68 m)
Wing area: 243 sq ft (22.6 m²)
Empty weight: 920 lb (417 kg)
Loaded weight: 1,750 lb (794 kg)
Powerplant: 1 × de Havilland Gipsy I, 4 cylinder, upright, in-line piston engine., 100 hp (75 kW)

Performance:
Maximum speed: 105 mph (169 km/h)
Cruise speed: 85 mph (137 km/h)

Maj. Numbskully
02-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Yes you are able to re-paint ANY model posted to the swap page
However not ALL CSs are possible depending on HOW the modeler maps it
at first glance any of those you showed should be possible as long as there is not a lot of mirrored parts......should some one pick this up

12oclockhigh
02-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Free DVD of the first season of Flying Wild Alaska for creating the Cessna 207 or 208 Caravan... Interested??... also want cutout of Arial, but that is a different thread.

jeffpn
02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
:confused:

Hab
02-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Hi,
Would anyone have an interest in modeling this one? I can also supply the needed info on this one if someone has an interest in modeling it...ie; length,
wing span(s), photos of color schemes, flying weight, power...... etc

Thanks... Hab

12oclockhigh
02-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh, come on... offer is legit. There are no 207s or 208s on the Swaps.

:confused:

jeffpn
02-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Now nooner, you know we can't receive compensation for RF models. It's against the agreement!! What's a 207 or 208? Do you have any 3-views, specs, or reference pics? So far, I am not intrigued. If I do pick it up, you're doing the physics, so I can have a word with you. :p

brields
02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Now nooner, you know we can't receive compensation for RF models. It's against the agreement!! What's a 207 or 208? Do you have any 3-views, specs, or reference pics? So far, I am not intrigued. If I do pick it up, you're doing the physics, so I can have a word with you. :p

The grand caravan?

Norton
02-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi,
Would anyone have an interest in modeling this one? I can also supply the needed info on this one if someone has an interest in modeling it...ie; length,

Thanks... Hab

There's a very nice Pitts S-2B on Exp Pack #8. (pictured)

There a Pitts on Add On's #4

There a Pitts ChallengerII here: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1258

I'm sure you already know of the Pitts Python.

I love flying the one Exp #8.

Hab
02-14-2012, 09:49 PM
There's a very nice Pitts S-2B on Exp Pack #8. (pictured)

There a Pitts on Add On's #4

There a Pitts ChallengerII here: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1258

I'm sure you already know of the Pitts Python.

I love flying the one Exp #8.

Thanks Norton... don't have exp. 8 That one looks cool though.
Came across a company doing a 1/3 scale ARF Pitts. RC GUYS.com

Like to have this one in the hanger, always liked the Pitts....even though its an ARF

abaser
02-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi,

Thanks... Hab

PM me the info and CS links. I'll take a look and go from there. It might be a while though due to my current build experiment.

Norton
02-14-2012, 11:02 PM
I found some good sized 3-views of the Pitts S-1 and S-2 if you ever need them.

brields
02-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Uh-Oh! A Pitts with "shater-apart" technology! :D

abaser
02-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Uhhhhhhh..............doubt it;) It may break, but I guarantee it will not shatter.

brields
02-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Still, It'd get me interested in the Pitts again.
Question is, who's going to take on the Orracle CS?

uncle twist
02-15-2012, 12:57 AM
nightStill, It'd get me interested in the Pitts again.
Someone might , If you don`t have one complete by tomorrow :D:D

Norton
02-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Still, It'd get me interested in the Pitts again.

Close enough?:confused:

Hab
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
I found some good sized 3-views of the Pitts S-1 and S-2 if you ever need them.

Thats a good one, of the S-1 Nice detail on the fuse. Also like the rib detail on the rudder / wings.

Thanks TN

Hab
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Close enough?:confused:

TN...... watched Sean fly at a local airshow..... like the Challenger? You'd like the you tube vid of his performance @ The RI National Guard Airshow ... 2011 RI Open House Airshow - Sean tucker

Yes...I LIKE bipes. TN !... I've had the opportunity to watch G.Soucy, T. Poberenzy and Charlie Hilliard ...Eagles Aerobatic Team fly at Charlotte Co. Airport around '82

They were flying Christian Eagle's at the time.... Too young to ever see them flying the Pitts...."Red Devils"

Another good video (only good one I could find on the Christian Eagle Aerobatic Team) : you tube- "Eagles Aerobatic Team Newburgh, NY 1988"

Hab

dh60man
02-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Maj. Numbskully, What I meant was, that some models are more repaint 'friendly' than others, for example, I did a repaint of a Tiger Moth (not posted) and it looks pretty good, but the model isn't mapped to allow you to put any markings on the underside of the bottom wings, not a huge problem, I still fly it regularly, but I wouldn't post it on the swap pages because it just isn't quite 'right'. I'm in no way implying that it's a bad model because of this, I just figured if I mentioned it maybe it would be easier map it with that in mind from the start.
I really appreciate what you gentlemen do, if you didn't I probably would have achieved model sim burn out long ago - more options is such a wonderful thing (especially when your model tastes stray from the mainstream)! ~ Robin

jeffpn
02-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I map my models with one colorscheme in mind. Maj. and I discuss what the scheme will be, and I map accordingly. I am not going to make my maps any more difficult than what they need to be for his scheme. It's impossible to predict what scheme somebody may want to do in the future.

brields
02-15-2012, 07:50 PM
I'll take on orracle, but I'll set a time limit.
I will not upload it until 1 month after work begins.

abaser
02-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Wow! All this CS talk, and the model hasn't even been started et. The carts getting a little ahead of the horse here.

jeffpn
02-15-2012, 08:06 PM
What does he mean by, "I will not upload it until 1 month after work begins?" Strange.

phrank
02-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Kind of a roundabout way of setting a max time limit on how long modeling should take? :D
SLAVE DRIVER!!!

jeffpn
02-15-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't know. That's more or less what I got from it.

Maj. Numbskully
02-15-2012, 08:56 PM
guess I'm a slacker then................. I think I've been dabbling with the CH-54 for over a year :eek::rolleyes:

Norton
02-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Geez, There is a great Pitts on Exp Pack 8. Why even bother?????

What, Don't have the money? It's called a paper route.:rolleyes:

Or beg at mom and pop's...............

Give me a break.

Edit: Please re-make a existing model that already fly's and look's great.

Not pointed at you (Abaser)

Norton
02-15-2012, 10:51 PM
I'll take on orracle, but I'll set a time limit.
I will not upload it until 1 month after work begins.

It could take a designer months to make it?

What the hey?:rolleyes:

Fun2av8RC
02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
I am looking for a model in the swap pages that is like this one

- Profile / electric
- Mid wing
- wing mounted air brakes

http://www.commonsenserc.com/product_info.php?products_id=2423

Can't find the Apollo and I am not asking anyone to build this one. I just want to know if there is something in the swap pages that is close to this.

Many Thanks,
Jim

brields
02-17-2012, 01:53 AM
What does he mean by, "I will not upload it until 1 month after work begins?" Strange.

If the model is built, I'll do the C.S. As for the time limit on MY C.S. I mean exactly what I said.

Phrank, what's this "Slave Driver" crap? Your lucky I didn't report that, because it is
offensive.

Go ahead and make any Smart-Alec remark about THIS post. I don't care.
I'd rather be called other names that, to the average human, sound much worse.

Although, I appreciate the reminder of how much moral I have compared to other people.

jeffpn
02-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Lighten up, Francis. He was joking.

As for your explanation, I'm still no clearer on what you said. Your explanation lacked any clarification of your previous statement.

brields
02-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Consider the topic dropped until further notice.

Fun2av8RC
02-18-2012, 04:14 AM
I am looking for a model in the swap pages that is like this one

- Profile / electric
- Mid wing
- wing mounted air brakes

http://www.commonsenserc.com/product_info.php?products_id=2423

Can't find the Apollo and I am not asking anyone to build this one. I just want to know if there is something in the swap pages that is close to this.

Many Thanks,
Jim

Just thought I would throw this out once more .... anybody know of a model like this one in the swap pages?

dh60man
02-19-2012, 03:36 AM
I map my models with one colorscheme in mind. Maj. and I discuss what the scheme will be, and I map accordingly. I am not going to make my maps any more difficult than what they need to be for his scheme. It's impossible to predict what scheme somebody may want to do in the future.

jeffpn - I apolgize if it seemed as if I was requesting (or demanding) a specific scheme, I wasn't, I simply posted those profiles as examples of what I'd like to do if I could. I don't know how a model is mapped, and just wondered if it was possible to make it more paintable. I've just dabbled with with a few CS's and noticed that some models are 'easier' to repaint than others. I'm sorry if it came across otherwise. ~ Robin

jeffpn
02-19-2012, 08:04 AM
It's the last sentence of mine that you should've highlighted. That was my whole point. My models are quite paintable for the intended CS. Any other CSs will be hit or miss.

flexible
02-19-2012, 10:01 AM
(Any other CSs will be hit or miss.)
This could be phrased better.

jeffpn
02-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Sorry, Marm.

Not all desired Colorschemes may be possible due to the method of mapping used on the EA.

THE MANN
02-20-2012, 04:48 PM
just wanted to request an aircraft i wanted to ask about the carbon z scimitar or the parkzone f27q stryker would be a cool plane for the swap pages:)

phrank
02-20-2012, 04:51 PM
You need to light a fire under Felix's butt he is working on a Stryker.

THE MANN
02-20-2012, 04:57 PM
o cool ok

phrank
02-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Orr, the one t the swps if you can't wait. ;)
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=506

THE MANN
02-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm looking for the new f27q stryker with dual rudders ive flown the old stryker in g5.5

phrank
02-20-2012, 05:04 PM
You can add dual rudders in the Aircraft editor, just won't be visible, but they'll be there.
Otherwise bump his thread to remind him.

THE MANN
02-20-2012, 05:15 PM
oh i dont know how to do that.

smcnally
02-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Anyone feel like building a Pete 'n Poke Sport .40? I'm building the kit right now & would love to be able to practice flying it in RF6.

Tons of pic can be found in this build thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1243288

here are the specs:
Wingspan: 59.5 in (1510 mm)
Wing Area: 809.2 in² (52.2 dm²)
Weight: 5.75 lb (2.6 kg)
Wing Loading:16.4 oz/ft² (50 g/dm²)
Length: 47 in (1195 mm)
Required: 2-stroke .40-.46 cu in or 4-stroke .40-.52 cu in engine

Manual can be grabbed from here for more specs http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpma0493-manual.pdf

/

dhk79
02-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Anyone feel like building a Pete 'n Poke Sport .40?
smcnally, the Pete 'n Poke is very similar to the Slow Poke (http://knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=5023)which I've already done. I'll be glad to modify the Slow Poke's 3D model and physics, if I can entice someone else to do the CS.
Doug

Wacky
02-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Would someone like to build one of these for everyone to use?
Mine has a DA 50. Would like to see one of these for everyone to enjoy. But it would probably be the same as a Pitts.
SPECIFICATIONS
Stock Number: GPMA1217
Wingspan: Top: 68.5 in (1740 mm), Bottom: 64.5 in (1640 mm)
Wing Area: 1436 in² (92.6 dm²)
Weight: 16.5-18 lb (6800-8160 g)
Wing Loading: 26-29 oz/ft² (79-88 g/dm²)
Length: 62.5 in (1585 mm)
Requires: 2-stroke 1.6 to 2.2 cu in (26-35 cc), 4-stroke 1.8 to 3.0 cu in (30-49 cc) or 2.0-3.2 cu in (32-52 cc) gasoline engine & 4-channel radio w/8-9 servos.

THE MANN
03-15-2012, 05:26 PM
I wanted to ask if somebody could put side force generators on the sbach 342 that comes with RF6 that would be awesome.

jeffpn
03-15-2012, 05:57 PM
That's something you can easily do.

THE MANN
03-15-2012, 06:04 PM
really how do you do it i dont know how.

jeffpn
03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
have you edited any aircraft you do it there you wont see the changes though.

THE MANN
03-15-2012, 06:17 PM
ive edited planes like changing the smoke color im not good at doing physics stuff if somebody could do it for me that would be good i know what cg is

jeffpn
03-15-2012, 06:19 PM
i suppose you could add a wing to the main wing size it and give it 90 degrees dihedral just right click on wing and add wing to do that

jeffpn
03-15-2012, 06:24 PM
its not that hard you should learn how to do it yourself it will open up a whole new world for you

THE MANN
03-15-2012, 06:27 PM
I under stand i just dont want to mess my plane up but i guess ill try i know where to go.

jeffpn
03-15-2012, 06:29 PM
you cant mess up a stock plane it makes you save it under a new name just look at another model that has sfg and copy that setup that way youll know how to do it

Madratter
03-15-2012, 06:30 PM
You can't mess it up if you just save your changes to a different name. That is trivial to do. If you cannot figure out how to do it, ask. I strongly recommend trying to do this yourself as the things you will learn are well worth knowing. And Jeff is correct that this particular change is not very difficult.

jeffpn
03-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Say that again?Jeff is correctWell, duh!!! :D

THE MANN
03-15-2012, 06:38 PM
thanks

jeffpn
03-15-2012, 07:06 PM
youll never learn to do things like this for yourself but here

THE MANN
03-15-2012, 07:38 PM
I just was trying to do it and I was going to do what you said, but I see you've atached a file that says sbach 342 with sfgs av. thanks

jeffpn
03-15-2012, 07:43 PM
at least look at it and see what i did its not that hard

THE MANN
03-15-2012, 07:48 PM
how come you cant see them

jeffpn
03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
because its only in the physics that would take a change to the 3d model which is not possible with an av

THE MANN
03-15-2012, 07:55 PM
so if i put them on a smaller plane i would be able to see them because i have a plane with sfgs and you can see them

jeffpn
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
if you cant see them in the model there is nothing you can do to see them they must be made when the model is made in order to see them

opjose
03-16-2012, 04:53 PM
You can't mess it up if you just save your changes to a different name. That is trivial to do. If you cannot figure out how to do it, ask. I strongly recommend trying to do this yourself as the things you will learn are well worth knowing. And Jeff is correct that this particular change is not very difficult.

Careful Madratter, you may find yourself being accused of being another "fanboy"!

I guess we mustn't all be in agreement about anything?!

:D

Madratter
03-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Careful Madratter, you may find yourself being accused of being another "fanboy"!

I guess we mustn't all be in agreement about anything?!

:D

Well, I am a fan of this software, which is why I choose to post around here. So I guess fanboy it is. :D

And in my view, sometimes the best help is to have someone try and do it themselves.

I do try and be helpful.

What I totally get, (and I'm not saying this is the case with this particular request - I don't think it is), is that sometimes people come into forums like this and expect everyone to drop everything, bow down, and basically, do as the new forum member tells them. And when that happens, and it does from time to time, I totally get how the older forum members don't take it too well.

I will also say, in all sincerity, that certain members around here who have been accused of being rather abrasive (and sometimes they are, more so than I would be), have absolutely gone out of there way to a) make me feel welcome here, and b) help me out with my modeling efforts. I very much appreciate that.

This isn't the warmest fuzziest forum I have ever taken part in. However, people have been extremely helpful to me. And I certainly appreciate it. Some of the people who have been the most helpful to me, are the very ones, that in some cases people are accusing of being the most abrasive.

jeffpn
03-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Thank you.

Norton
03-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Nice words to live by Madatter!

Norton
03-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Yea, we can be a bunch of wankers. LOL!

That is a part of being part of a forum.

LOL!

Maj. Numbskully
03-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Agreeed :D

abaser
03-16-2012, 11:07 PM
I can attest to the same results. :)

Part of why I am where I am today. Ive had my differences with a couple here myself, but the differences go as fast as they come. At the end of the day, who cares?

Hab
03-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Agreeed :D

Yes ....I concur also ;)

Fly_electric
03-29-2012, 10:12 PM
These requests are for some well known planes that appear to be discontinued, but with the modelers help can continue to be enjoyed through RF6:

Senior Telemaster ARF: classic yellow version discontinued
Sig Senior ARF (tail dragger please): apparently has not been available for some time now??
Sig Kougar: discontinued

If anyone is interested in any of these planes and has the info the modelers need ("3-views, specs, and other reference pictures"), please provide it for them.

Thank you

Fly_electric
04-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Recently discovered these planes exist in the swap pages under earlier versions of RF. I was under the impression planes made for the earlier versions only worked in RF6 with some modifications, such as was reportedly done for the free Add On models. My apologies, and thanks for those who have already made the planes mentioned in my earlier post.

jeffpn
04-07-2012, 07:57 AM
They may need tweaked, but there's no reason you can't learn how to edit planes to your liking. The 3D model and the colorscheme don't need changed. Only an AV -may- need to be done.

Hab
04-07-2012, 01:02 PM
These requests are for some well known planes that appear to be discontinued, but with the modelers help can continue to be enjoyed through RF6:

Sig Senior ARF (tail dragger please): apparently has not been available for some time now??

If anyone is interested in any of these planes and has the info the modelers need ("3-views, specs, and other reference pictures"), please provide it for them.

Thank you

Have the Sig Kougar MK II loaded. Nice sport plane. I can share an AV to the swaps if anyone has an interest.

jeffpn
04-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Oops. We're supposed to ask for interest before posting to the swaps? I probably shouldn't have been posting anything!! :D

Hab
04-07-2012, 01:50 PM

Thank you

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=15864

Thorongil
04-08-2012, 04:35 AM
I am searching for a working T-Rex 450 (ideally flybarless version) for RF6. Can only find older versions, where some chances are needed to fly realistic in RF6.
Since i am new to RF, and also don´t own a T-Rex 450 yet, i don´t know how to chance the physicy for the model to make it work realistic.

The existing modle that i have found is this:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=8635

(based on: http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=8136)

Regards

hilcat72
04-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Some Russian Camo L-39 Color Schemes Please

brields
04-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Some Russian Camo L-39 Color Schemes Please

Mag. Numbskully has a C.S. request thread. I recommend you repost your request there.

hilcat72
04-09-2012, 06:26 PM
How about a A6M5 Zero That Has A Detachable Bomb? Please

jeffpn
04-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Yes, because a request like that is sure to be picked up. Brields, if you're going to help a guy, especially a nube, help him all the way. Explain to him why his CS request is not likely to be picked up, to say nothing of his EA request.

brields
04-09-2012, 07:44 PM
I remember asking another member to explain why something wouldn't work.
You know what he said?
"I don't operate like that"
-just a thought
Any way, this thread is for Aircraft requests. So a C.S. request is far less likely to get picked up here.

BTW... The Zero was a fighter, not a bomber. the only zeros to carry bombs
were used in kamikaze attacks.
However, I think Dhk79 is redoing his old Zero. It might be worth it to send a Request to him via private message to add a bomb, given that BrentG just uploaded
His new zero that he said he would release in late December of 2011.

jeffpn
04-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Pictures, Brields, pictures. Who would pick up a CS that did not include pictures?!?!