PDA

View Full Version : here we go again !!!!!!!!!!

fatbloke-dim
01-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Does this mean anything to anyone ?

KEError 12243 http error code
HTTP/1.1 GATEWAY ERROR
SERVER MICROSOFT - 11S.5.1
CONTENT - LENGTH; 432
CONTENT-TYPE TEXT/HTML
DATE/TIME ETC. 12243

It's what happens when I try to register and update my RF. I also have G3 installed , the 5 is via an upgrade DVD. I have had both version 3 ,upgraded to 3.5 ,and version 5 ,upgraded to 5.5 operating on this machine as sweet as you like in the recent past . The only reason for reinstalling is because the machine was getting cranky and full of the usual crap pc's accumulate over time . Nothing has been changed with the hardware side of things since then . I'm stumped .

Could there be any issues due the fact that I have previously registered both 3.3 and 5.5 ?

Sorry if this is sounding like a stuck record , searhes in the forums and elsewhere come up blank .

Maj. Numbskully
01-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I think you answered your own question :p ..............
The only reason for reinstalling is because the machine was getting cranky and full of the usual crap pc's accumulate over time . .

I think Gateway error points to the reg. server :confused: :confused:

However a re-install of RF is not gonna help RF in any way as doing so does not illuminate any possible problems that may still exist on your PC
only a good virus protection program and/or registry cleaner , spybot scan etc. or even worst case scenario re-format is gonna take care of those problems

Boof69
01-22-2012, 12:35 PM
This is a connection problem. You should try to reboot your network. (Modem and router if you are behind one). Also look to see that windows firewall is allowing real flight through. If none of this works you may want to call your ISP to see if they are blocking uncommon ip's by default. I don't think the error would be the same if it were on Knife edge's end.