PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to read my simulation rfx file contents?

brian818
03-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi, I am new to RF6. I want to be able to read in my *.RFX files' content to look at and analyze my flight data (read in position/orientation and stick movements). Is there a way to this? Perhaps a tool that can read the file and spit out the numbers? Thanks much.

jeffpn
03-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Not possible. Best you could do is make a RF recording, and play it back with your radio gadget showing, so you can see your sticks move there.

brian818
03-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Ah! Bummer... knowing the information is right there in its full glory :). Curious if it's just RF not allowing decoding of the file format (clearly it can be read in for rewind and import to other programs they have created) or there are other issues, like stick motion not being recorded at all?

jeffpn
03-02-2012, 03:23 PM
It is recorded somewhere, if you make a recording. But it's nothing that can be used outside of RF. did you see Stefan's explanation at rcg?

brian818
03-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Yes, indeed... I understand it's not a highly desired feature. Thanks for the insight!

12oclockhigh
03-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Why don't you hack the recording file and see what's there. Don't get bent Jeff, this is a good hacking... if you explain what you want, and why, the people at KE might give you the file format details. This comes up occasionally, and you can surely understand the need to keep some of this out of general consumption.

brian818
03-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Yes, I think I will go the KE route first and try others if no go. Good suggestion. Thank you...

brian818
03-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Is it possible to have RF display on the screen the full 6 degrees of freedom (6DOF) position and orientation or at least 3d position? I only have the trial version and all I can see is a partial parameter list (Altitude, Heading and Airspeed)?

Maj. Numbskully
03-06-2012, 12:16 AM
The trial version is limited and does not have all of the features of the full version
the full version of RF6 has an overhead view as well as MANY more parameter choices in the Nav Guide...what did you expect for free???
In the future post questions like these in the reg. RF6 Section(above) ................this is the Designers corner section for discussing creating custom content

brian818
03-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Thank you for your response. The question was a follow up on rfx model file format contents (i.e. general import/export tools) - in particular for analysis of model related parameters - appreciate your pointer to general RF6. On the use of the trial version of RF (along with half dozen others I am evaluating) my goal is to be able to identify the one that has the capabilities I am looking for before purchasing.