PDA

View Full Version : Xaircraft X650 V8 Real Flight 6

FPVX
04-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to real flight 6, and was disappointed to see that the only multi rotor in the program was the GAUI 330x. However, once I got all the physics set the way I needed them I was able to get it to behave like the Xaircraft models. Another disappointment was the lack of being able to place the camera aboard the craft. I have one of my xaircraft set up with a small camera directly behind the dome, and between the two rear rotor booms on a 2 axis gimble that will allow the camera to follow my head movements with the w-tracker. Thus giving me the ability to fly from a person perspective with my fat shark goggles and letting the camera follow wherever I look to identify obstacles in the flight path, as well as allowing me to look down during landing. I saw the head tracker option in the software but it requires the purchase of another component, from http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/. I would like to be able to use the equipment that I already have and wonder does anybody know of any plans to add an fpv cam function to the software? Or who I might talk to to see about that? I haven't even used my w-tracker yet because I was hoping to be able to practice using it with a program like this. I would also like to see that kind of functionality to be able to be added to even the 3D copters. Anyone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I didn't buy the wrong software.;-)

Thanks in advance,

Jason

jeffpn
04-04-2012, 10:01 PM
One thread per topic per person, please.

dhk79
04-05-2012, 05:50 AM
You can add as many cameras as you want, however, to get them to move they need to be slaved to moving parts. So for most aircraft it is not possible since you cannot edit the 3D model. If you find an aircraft on the swaps that you'd like a slaved camera on, contact the model's creator.

EDIT: I should also note that the moving part does not need to be a visible object. A "helper object", which is just an invisible point in space, will work just fine.

opjose
04-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to real flight 6, and was disappointed to see that the only multi rotor in the program was the GAUI 330x. However, once I got all the physics set the way I needed them I was able to get it to behave like the Xaircraft models.

There have been multi-rotor aircraft available in the swap pages since G3.0.

You may want to have a look and learn a little bit more about the sim first...

Another disappointment was the lack of being able to place the camera aboard the craft. I have one of my xaircraft set up with a small camera directly behind the dome, and between the two rear rotor booms on a 2 axis gimble that will allow the camera to follow my head movements with the w-tracker. Thus giving me the ability to fly from a person perspective with my fat shark goggles and letting the camera follow wherever

Your "disappointment" stems from a lack of knowledge it seems.

Hold off on those generalizations until you're a bit more familiar with all of this...

As mentioned you can add cameras at will, unlike other sims.

I look to identify obstacles in the flight path, as well as allowing me to look down during landing.

You can do that.

I saw the head tracker option in the software but it requires the purchase of another component, from http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/.

Yes it is a "option" and manufactured by another company. Most Realflight users do not bother with the TrackIR hardware.

And yes you have to purchase it... so why the "but"?

I would like to be able to use the equipment that

Not going to happen.

Why would a software developement firm write their software to interface with your specific setup?

I already have and wonder does anybody know of any plans to add an fpv cam function to the software?

You can add virtual cameras and corresponding view windows already.

I haven't even used my w-tracker yet because I was hoping to be able to practice using it with a program like this.

Then you are barking up the wrong tree so to speak.

Track-Ir for instance is made by a third party, and they provide drivers and patches that permit their hardware to work with other's software.

w-tracker would have to do likewise.

Since it is a relatively specialized piece of hardware, direct support from within Realflight is unlikely. Developers must work to appeasing the majority.

I would also like to see that kind of functionality to be able to be added to even the 3D copters. Anyone?

I'm "anyone"! :D

I hope I didn't buy the wrong software.;-)

Jason

Realflight is an exceptional RC simulator that does things no other software can.

But you seem to have a very specific intent, namely hooking it up to your existing hardware.

You CAN get Realflight to emulate what you want to do, but not to interface with your hardware.

You can decided upon the applicability of Realflight for your purpose based upon that.