PDA

View Full Version : Auto Center Effect in RF6

sakamara
04-06-2012, 11:32 PM
I have been making adjustments to a model I recently created from scratch (FW190A) for G5.5 to work in RF6 and I seem to have everything tweaked with its CG and elevators but I have a flight effect that was not occurring in G5.5 showing up in 6.

My plane seems to want to auto level itself in RF6. If I roll the plane completely to its side and release aileron controls in G5.5 it would start to dive and just very slightly correct its level a little before crashing.

In RF6 it seems to level itself quickly and many times ends up completely level before eventually loosing altitude and crashing.

Any suggestions?

uncle twist
04-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Stay on the sticks a little more, I guess??, these things don`t fly themselves. You`ll find that most of the planes in the sim do have some "quirks" as apposed to there real life counterparts. However the sim does a real good job, if the physics are set up right . If you are releasing the ailerons to soon , as you are suggesting IT WILL FALL FROM THE SKY :eek: Stay with it, you`ll get it dialed in.;)fly the plane, don`t let it fly you ;)
BTW Looks real good Sakamara ;)

uncle twist
04-07-2012, 12:28 AM
One thing you could try though is changing the incidence on the horz. sta. by 1 or 2 tenths, =/-. it makes a big diff how the the plane tracks (in what should be) level flight ;)

sakamara
04-07-2012, 09:55 AM
I already discovered the need to change the incidence of the hor stab. Lots of tweaking to discover that one. :) I will just jockey with it some more and see if I can find the source....if it is possible to "correct".

I don't want it to feel like I am flying the Nexstar with AFS. :eek:

I am expecting it to respond like it did in G5.5 which is to hold the position on its side and to drop out of the sky. I don't want it to auto level itself in RF6 as this is not as characteristic of realistic flying.

Thanks!

jeffpn
04-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Do you have dihedral set in? That'd cause what you're seeing.

Madratter
04-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Another cause is a center of gravity that isn't centered. For example, landing gear have weight and have that sort of pendulum affect. If that is the cause, you can counteract it somewhat by changing the COG z axis. A little goes a long way.

sakamara
04-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestions gents. I have spent an hour or two tweaking the CG Z axis, LG weight and fuselage weight and I have it tracking a little better. I think it is in good enough shape now.

...moved an additional question to a new post as unrelated to this current topic.