PDA

View Full Version : Visuals missing from aircraft editor

sakamara
04-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Any idea what would cause the "Visual" of a custom made aircraft to not show up correctly in the aircraft editor window when "Wireframes and Visuals" is selected. If I show just visuals, i get my whole plane but when I select both, it only adds a semi-transparent view of my canopy along with the wireframes? Everything else about the aircraft is working correctly.

Confirmed that this happens on G5.5 and RF6.

jeffpn
04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Did you name the parts beginning with ~CS_?

sakamara
04-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Yes I did. Here is a screenshot of the hierarchy in 3dsmax incase you can pick something up wrong from it. There are underscores after each ~CS even though it doesn't show up in the screenshot.

Boof69
04-09-2012, 10:40 PM
It looks like your missing the underscore on all the names. (~CS_LMW)

sakamara
04-10-2012, 01:57 AM
It may look that way but they are there. I had to zoom in a step further in 3dmax for it to show up on the screen.

I took another screenshot of the hierachy and what I see in the aircraft editor and updated my previous post with the new images.

I tried re-exporting the kex to see if there is any change and there is not.

abaser
04-10-2012, 07:14 AM
One idea that pops to mind is, how many ~CS_COLL names can you have? The canopy is about the only thing I see that doesn't have one:confused: I always thought that each had to be unique by giving maybe a number designation. For example ~CS_COLL1, ~CS_COLL2, and so on.

dhk79
04-10-2012, 10:30 AM
I always thought that each had to be unique by giving maybe a number designation. For example ~CS_COLL1, ~CS_COLL2, and so on.They can be named anything as long as they are unique and start with ~CS_COLL_ (don't forget the second _). To make them easy for me to identify, I usually will include the name of the part it represents (i.e. ~CS_COLL_LMW).

abaser
04-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Being unique was my point. All of these are the same. I'm wondering if that's confusing RF.

jeffpn
04-10-2012, 10:45 AM
You don't need the second _. I name mine ~CS_COLL01, etc., so the names survive the export/import.

sakamara
04-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I did have all of the collision meshes with the same name and have updated them to be unique but I still have the same problem. :confused:
I went ahead and created a collision mesh for the canopy as well.

Since all the visuals work correct in every other way, I am perplexed. I used 3dsmax to create the uvmaps but I just don't know if there could be something wrong there that is causing it?

Other ideas?

sakamara
04-10-2012, 05:58 PM
FOUND THE SOURCE!!!
I have discovered that it is related to my alpha channel but I don't know what is causing it to be an issue yet. If I delete my alpha channel as a layer from Photoshop and re-save the TGA, it is fine.

Attached is a screenshot of my alpha channel in PS which is all black except for the area I have my canopy. Am I missing a step to make the alpha work correctly?

Boof69
04-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Number on problem is that the ~CANOPY material should only be applied to objects you would like to be transparent.
Number two is black represents transparent and white represents opaque on the alpha channel.
Your pic shows black as the base color on the alpha.

sakamara
04-11-2012, 12:59 AM
I had the ~CANOPY material only applied to the canopy...but....the alpha channel was in fact inverted on what the base color needing to be which is white.

Sometimes the problem is right under your nose. :)

THANKS!