PDA

View Full Version : Outrage Velocity 90 Build

Boof69
09-17-2012, 10:43 AM
This is the Outrage Velocity 90. The same company that makes the Torq servos I used on the Goblin have a line of helis. This is their big nitro bird.
I contacted the company to get good pics and a 3-view and they sent me a special photoshoot but they ran out of steam for the 3-view. I went back to the website and their background image is a side and top view of the heli but the right click gives no option for saving the image so the pics below show how I obtained the image. The image is really big at 3840x2400.:)
I was able to process the pics and make them more usable. I setup the image planes this morning and will start this build today.
You'll notice the side view copied and laying flat on the grid. That's to make it easier to trace the frame with the line tool.

jeffpn
09-17-2012, 10:49 AM
He said trace! :p

Boof69
09-17-2012, 10:55 AM
What? Where? When?:confused:

Madratter
09-17-2012, 11:40 AM
One reason the helicopters don't interest me as much in terms of modeling, is that once the canopy is on, a lot of them look very similar. But in this particular case, because it is a nitro bird, it will be very different from the Goblin build.

Those 3 views (actually 2-views) look like they should be pretty good/excellent.

Boof69
09-17-2012, 11:55 AM
I always felt the same way, but always knew I was going to try one just to be more rounded in this hobby. Now that I have modeled one I know they are fun to model. It is different than making planks. It almost feels like you are assembling a real heli. By the way the canopy pops off in lite collisions. Then all the detail shows.:)

oneder
09-17-2012, 12:15 PM
How could you resist w/actual blueprints. I've been thinking of trying a heli also just to see if I could make one.

Boof69
09-17-2012, 12:18 PM
I think you'd like it. There are some things about the pivots and naming convention for the rotors that take a minute to wrap your head around, but once past that it's not that hard.

abaser
09-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Umm........if I can make one, you should have NO trouble:p

Madratter
09-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Umm........if I can make one, you should have NO trouble:p

Don't sell yourself too short.

abaser
09-17-2012, 12:44 PM
All I'm saying is he seems to have a high understanding of how this modeling thing works. Much higher than me.

Fly_electric
09-17-2012, 01:47 PM
He said trace! :p

There was no way that was going to slip past Jeff! :)

jeffpn
09-17-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty sure he laid that out for me to find! ;) :cool:

Boof69
09-17-2012, 08:38 PM
First progress post. I got about 3 hours in on it.

jeffpn
09-17-2012, 08:41 PM
How did those 3-views line up for you? Pretty nice?

Boof69
09-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Yes they are real nice, but all the parts being see through makes for some confusion.

Boof69
09-18-2012, 03:19 PM
So I modeled The YS 91 sr that is recommended for this heli. The carb still needs work but It's getting there. I imported the Outrage Torq servos I used on the Goblin and have placed them around the machine. They still carry the AO map used on the goblin so their color isn't right. Also the servo mounting tabs are on the inside of the frames with this one so I still need to make hardware for those. The detail for the frames has been increased with all the various visible holes. Muffler is in place as well. Polys are at 9370.
Still left to model are both main and tail rotors, canopy, tail bracing, electronics, and fuel plumbing. Of coarse the collision mess as well. I can steal allot of polys from the frame if need be.

Madratter
09-18-2012, 05:35 PM
I was looking at your model, and got to thinking about what a pain it must be to tune those nitro engines in a helicopter. The process is bad enough in a plank.

Boof69
09-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Seems easy enough. High and low needles are on the right side of the heli. Things are very open on this bird.

oneder
09-18-2012, 06:42 PM
We have to model the rotors. I thought we didn't?

Boof69
09-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Yup everything but the blades.

abaser
09-18-2012, 06:46 PM
You can import the ones from the example files can't you?

Boof69
09-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah that's not a problem.

jeffpn
09-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Don't tell anyone I use the same servos and control horns in every model! ;) :cool:

Mikeymike21
09-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Can you model the pipe made for the YS 91, hatori SB 19, I think it looks a lot nicer.

http://helidirect.com/images/helicopters/nitro_equipments/mufflers__gas_tank/hatori/sb-19fh.jpg

Boof69
09-18-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't know how tight things will be towards the end. I would have to add in detail on the the muffler to make it look right. No promises.:)

I Put some more stuff in here. Most notable is the canopy. It was a bit of a struggle with this one with no 3-view of the canopy. The canopy is taking up 344 out of the 11380 total on this bird. I'm starting to worry a bit. I would hate to remove the frame details to get this one finished.

Boof69
09-20-2012, 01:11 AM
A little question to the heli guys. This pic shows two servos connected to the same armature. I'm not really understanding what's going on here. I guess it could be connected to control the front point of the swash somehow. Any clarification would help.
Also this is a flybarless conversion but the feathering arms or whatever they are called are still connected to the main shaft and the swash. What is their purpose now that there is no flybar?

Mikeymike21
09-20-2012, 01:56 AM
there are 2 seperate, one stick out further
http://www.rcheliresource.com/wp-content/gallery/velocity-90/outrage-90.jpg

jeffpn
09-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Mikey, did you know you can upload pics directly to the forum? It's so much more convenient. All the cool kids do it that way. :rolleyes:

Boof69
09-20-2012, 08:05 AM
there are 2 seperate, one stick out further

OK I see they are separate. So does the shorter one control the front of the swash? What about the second question? What are the feathering arms still on the helicopter for?

csgill75
09-20-2012, 11:07 AM
What are the feathering arms still on the helicopter for?

Feathering Arms?

I have Flybarred and flybarless heli's and the only things with feathers in the name is the feathering shaft :confused:

In the picture you posted there are a couple arms that attach to the Swash plate, those are Mixers that just keep the swash plate spinning inline with the head so links from the swash to the grips are lined up. The swash would not spin in sync with the head and the ball links would not work properly to control the grips if it wasn't for those arms. On my DFC head on my T-rex, it doesn't have those Mixer arms since the links from the Swash to the head are solid aluminum and not just ball links. A cleaner setup in my opinion. the goblin has a similar setup and doesn't have the mixer arms.

Boof69
09-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Well I don't know helis hence my confusion about what things are called. That's why I put the question out there to you heli guys. If I knew they were mixer arms then I wouldn't have needed to ask the question. :o

I guess I will need to model them then. Thanks for the help.:)

Boof69
09-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Just some progress clays....
Any guesses on poly count so far?

Madratter
09-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I'll play guess the number of jelly beans in the jar. I think you are at around 15,000 triangles.

Boof69
09-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Very awesome guess. They are 14,477

kyle stacy
09-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Awesome work again!

Boof69
09-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks Kyle. I think I like the details of this model over the Goblin.

Boof69
09-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Some more progress.....

abaser
09-22-2012, 07:13 AM
What, no teeth on that tail drive system?:eek: You can fit em in.:p

Boof69
09-22-2012, 07:53 AM
I don't think so. I'm getting down to the poly wire. I'm at 17k+ and I need to make all the servo horns and swash connections. A battery and receiver would be nice and of coarse a college meshes and blur disks. All of the frame screws are going to be bumped in. I'm not to happy about that. All in all I think this is the most detailed model I've made to date. I'm happy. With it for the most part.

jeffpn
09-22-2012, 07:55 AM
It does have some amazing detail!

oneder
09-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Sholud we strike to raise the poly limit? (jk)

Looks amazing!

Madratter
09-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Sholud we strike to raise the poly limit? (jk)

Looks amazing!

I know you're kidding.

But every once in a while I wish I had more triangles to work with. Then reality sets in and I realize how much time it takes to model a plane, even with the current limit. In essence, the poly limit saves me from myself. :p

Boof69
09-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Actually I was once told that they were thinking about raising the limit but........
Thanks Oneder and Jeff. @Jeff what's your next project?

abaser
09-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Man the details are amazing. I knew you had to be getting close to the limit.

I figured if you had the room they'd be there.

Boof69
09-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Let me rationalize. Um you can't see the teeth because most the time they should be spinning.:o Actually I wish I could. Thanks Andy.

Madratter
09-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Let me rationalize. Um you can't see the teeth because most the time they should be spinning.:o Actually I wish I could. Thanks Andy.

Although Bump mapping is far better than nothing, it does give very inconsistent results. On my FE2b and now my Fb2 where I really notice that is on the magazine for the Lewis gun. Ah well, as I said above, they kind of save us from ourselves. If I get more triangles, I'll be using them.

Maj. Numbskully
09-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Not sure what you're talking about on the magazine
just a couple of thoughts....
How big is the Lewis gun mag. on the map ?
I find bump maps to be very consistent ....but you need the pixels to do so
Also you can make a second bump a lot harder say 5-8 pixels or softer 1 or 2 pixels and the copy/paste that magazine to the "Normal" _n.tga....I've done that on more than one occasion for things like protruding door hinges, handles etc.

Maj. Numbskully
09-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Those teeth just need to be 0 and 255 on the gray scale and hit a little harder
since the gear is one solid color on the classic
it should look good
unlike something that is shaded or has drawn details on it you don't get that "cartoon" look when you bump a solid colored object hard
those teeth cant be very high/deep even in the RW..............they're just gear teeth

Madratter
09-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Not sure what you're talking about on the magazine
just a couple of thoughts....
How big is the Lewis gun mag. on the map ?
I find bump maps to be very consistent ....but you need the pixels to do so
Also you can make a second bump a lot harder say 5-8 pixels or softer 1 or 2 pixels and the copy/paste that magazine to the "Normal" _n.tga....I've done that on more than one occasion for things like protruding door hinges, handles etc.

What I mean by inconsistent is that the amount of the affect depends heavily on the angle of the light hitting the object. This is much more true than if the bumps in the object are actually modeled.

Maj. Numbskully
09-22-2012, 01:43 PM
With normals files thats a given....
I thought you were..........well you know what I thought;):D
its the way you worded it

yes......modeled is ALWAYS better , but I think bumped gear teeth is better than none

jeffpn
09-22-2012, 03:07 PM
@Jeff what's your next project?Dunno yet. I still have the Legrand Simon to map.

Boof69
09-22-2012, 03:07 PM
The Teeth should look fine even on the bevel gears. I will map the gears head on and bump them radially. Like the Maj said I will bump the teeth with a greater height contrast then cut and paste into the finished normal map. I find that the key activator of the bump is adding specular also. If the light is not reflecting of the surface then it can't show the bump. I will put a brighter white in the rgb of the specular and a medium grey in the alpha and that will make the bump show up a bit better.

Maj. Numbskully
09-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Pardon my ignorance ....
There are so many individual 3dimensinal parts to a heli............
I'm still trying to figure out why 20,000 polys seem to go further on a heli than on a plank :confused:
seems like you'd hit 20.000 in a heart beat with a heli..................even with abasers montra

Boof69
09-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Well of coarse 20k is 20k, but maybe helis just force you to be economical. Keeping cylinders as close to 8 sides as possible and to delete the caps. I also pivoted the heli around and any polys that are not easily visible or not at all got deleted. I feel that keeping the poly count down is a a discipline onto itself.

I think I got the heli bug out of my system after this model. There have been some good requests lately and they are all planks.

Groni
09-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Hey Boof :)

Iīm so happy you do this Heli! I hoped you do it, as I wrote you a mail with a request for it. You are simply one of the only guys that can create detailed helis. When I fly the Goblin it feels like flying a real one.

Canīt wait for more progress!

If you want some nice canopy layouts, just let me know. I have permission from Tareq Al Saadi to recreate his canopys and share them here. I also did some nice Color Schemes for the Goblin, which are not complete finished. I will upload them here asap they are finished ( Just waiting for my G6 to be able to use Custom Blades)

Outrage rules :)

Thanks and Greetz

Groni

Boof69
09-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the compliments. Yes I did get a PM request but I deleted them and didn't remember the name. You sure did take a while to chime in. :) I am progressing but I haven't been doing renders or screenies because the progress is in the physics.
I think I'm all set with canopies. I'm doing the Velocity 90N2 using the pics Outrage has sent me.
Nice to see people passing out G5 versions.:rolleyes:
Look for it after the ratings issue is put to rest.;)

Boof69
09-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Weird render but render none the less.:o

jeffpn
09-26-2012, 07:07 AM
I have permission from Tareq Al Saadi to recreate his canopys and share them here.Uh oh! I've never asked for any permission before modeling aircraft and posting them here. Talk about Sioux City!!! :eek:

Groni
09-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Really amazing what you are able to do within a week! I also create some 3d models from time to time, but i guess i would need 2 years to get a progress like that :)

Just wondering about Velocity 90N2??? There is no N2 till yet from outrage. There is only a V50 N2.

Greetz

Groni

Groni
09-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Uh oh! I've never asked for any permission before modeling aircraft and posting them here. Talk about Sioux City!!! :eek:

This can be a problem sometimes :) I also recreated the BMW M3 Goblin 700 from Bert Kammerer, but till now I did not get a permission from him, so I will not upload it.

Maybe Kyle can ask him for me :)

abaser
09-26-2012, 07:44 AM
In my time here, several aircraft have been recreated with no problems.

Madratter
09-26-2012, 07:50 AM
In my time here, several aircraft have been recreated with no problems.

It would be rare there would be a problem, and usually they would simply just ask for the model to be removed (which could be problematic and require assistance from Knife Edge).

That said, the one model I did that was a clear repo of a particular model from a particular manufacturer, I did get permission before I started.

Groni
09-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Iīm new here, so I donīt know how critical it is. I have some bad happenings with copyrighted material in the past, so I am kind of extra careful now by releasing other peoples stuff. Ok, I recreate them, and not doing only copy a existing layout and release it. But even if I paint them by myself, itīs not mine :)

jeffpn
09-26-2012, 07:55 AM
I plan to stay the course. I don't foresee any issues with customers releasing any models they wish. Let me know if you ever get sued. ;)

Madratter
09-26-2012, 08:11 AM
BTW - The upside of getting permission in my case is I got some invaluable assistance with 3-views, etc.

Boof69
09-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Really amazing what you are able to do within a week! I also create some 3d models from time to time, but i guess i would need 2 years to get a progress like that :)

Just wondering about Velocity 90N2??? There is no N2 till yet from outrage. There is only a V50 N2.

Greetz

Groni

You haven't heard about the 90N2? There are plenty of discussions of its impending release. When I contacted Outrage for reference materials they asked if i would do the N2. It has a completely different tail and a new main gear assembly and a new canopy paint scheme.
I did not ask them permission. I planned on doing this model regardless of their input. I make no profit from any of my models therefore legally nothing could be done about removing them. However if you have a personal conviction about uploading RW CSs then that's up to you. If it were me I'd upload the CSs.

Groni
09-26-2012, 08:18 AM
I didnīt heard of it, but good to know that you are doing a model, that is not even released in real :)

Just wondering, the wireframe you used from the website pic is not a N2? So you know what you have to change from your outrage mail?

I guess I will risk it and releasing my CS when done. I take a lot of time to do my CSīs, cause as graphic designer, you always find some errors that can be improved :)

Boof69
09-26-2012, 08:25 AM
I listed the changes between the Velocity 90N and the 90N2 in my last post. The only drawing available are the ones I used. Most of this heli, just like the goblin, is done by eye. So the drawings have only been helpful for the CF, and spacing. The reference that Outrage sent me makes it clear as to the changes.

jeffpn
09-26-2012, 08:25 AM
I make no profit from any of my models therefore legally nothing could be done about removing them.I don't think that's true. I think a company would have the right to insist you pull your file. I think they don't because it's just not worth their effort.

Boof69
09-26-2012, 08:31 AM
I would think that anyone involved in rc would want there product in RF. I still think that for whatever reason there isn't much issue to uploading known canopy CSs or models even.

jeffpn
09-26-2012, 08:34 AM
I fully agree with that. Like I told you earlier, I talked with one company at the Toledo show who told me they'd be delighted to help me in whatever way possible to help me build their models for RF.

Madratter
09-26-2012, 08:46 AM
I fully agree with that. Like I told you earlier, I talked with one company at the Toledo show who told me they'd be delighted to help me in whatever way possible to help me build their models for RF.

This is certainly going to be true of most companies and was true with the company I dealt with (Twisted Hobbies - excellent people). In fact, they link my model from their site.

jeffpn
09-26-2012, 08:49 AM
The smaller companies might be more likely to accommodate than the large companies. Try getting a 3-view from Great Planes or EFlite. Let me know how that goes! ;)

Madratter
09-26-2012, 08:53 AM
The smaller companies might be more likely to accommodate than the large companies. Try getting a 3-view from Great Planes or EFlite. Let me know how that goes! ;)

Fortunately for me, I have little interest in doing models from the big companies anyway. One problem with the big companies, is they need to be more worried about people essentially out to reproduce their work, so they are going to need to be very strict about non-disclosure agreements etc. That gets to the point where it isn't worth anybodies (theirs or your) time.

jeffpn
09-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Heh. I'm building a GP plane right now!

Groni
09-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Will you use own engine sounds or the default rf sounds? Would be very nice to hear some real Velocity 90 engine crys :)

I have a set of different V90 Sounds, just for the case you need some.

Boof69
09-26-2012, 08:25 PM
they need to be formatted in a specific way to work with RF. If they are right I would be willing to try them out.

Groni
09-26-2012, 11:07 PM
I will collect them together in a zip and send it to you.

Which sounds are required? Idle and a high Sound? Or are there different single sounds?

Boof69
09-26-2012, 11:23 PM
As many as possible through the rpm range. idle, 1k, 2k, 3k. so on and so forth.

Groni
09-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Oh too bad, I just have Idles and High Rpm Sounds

csgill75
09-27-2012, 01:41 AM
A midrange sound would work as well as idle and High end. It is possible to make multiple tones with just a few basic sounds. Just takes more work :D also the sim will do some mixing for you as well as pitch change.

jeffpn
09-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Is anybody actually recording these sounds? :rolleyes:

Boof69
09-27-2012, 10:25 AM
If you guys can process the sounds I'll try them out on the Velocity 90.

Boof69
09-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Started some CS work tonight.

Groni
09-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Oh Men! I love it!! I love the new Lightning in 6.5. The Canopy looks brilliant! A dream come true..Outrage in RF :)

Mikeymike21
09-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Started some CS work tonight.

Looks cool.

PS why is the head block no blurring

Boof69
09-28-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't know. Is it supposed to? Maybe someone could tell me what's going on.

abaser
09-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Naming maybe? I never made it that far, but if the grips are blurred, I would think the main block should as well.

Boof69
09-28-2012, 09:20 PM
everything has to be named correctly because its all spinning.

abaser
09-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Gotcha. Just a stab in the dark.

Boof69
09-28-2012, 09:26 PM
when I'm back in front of my computer I'll check other helis to see what they do.

abaser
09-28-2012, 09:33 PM
I looked at your Goblin, and it's the same way. I also looked in the heli tut. It stated that anything that isn't linked to the blur disk would disappear when spooled up. Maybe it's just the way it is?

abaser
09-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Stock synergy. Same issue.

jeffpn
09-28-2012, 09:43 PM
I think there used to be a screenshot thread full of pictures that would have shown that.

Boof69
09-28-2012, 09:49 PM
I think its just the way it is.

Mikeymike21
09-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Should look like this

RF6 error

Boof69
09-28-2012, 11:42 PM
I misunderstood how the blur discs work. I have been looking over the example heli and the main shaft and head block with main gear have one blur disc and the blade grips have a separate one. I made one blur disc for the headblock and blade grips and one for the lower portions but above the top main bearing. I will be able to fix this one but the Goblin is another story.

Groni
09-29-2012, 12:14 AM
The Blur on the Goblin looks indeed strange :)

mwilson914
09-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Don't forget the blur disk is rendered now and it's best to give it some alpha channel treatment to make it less visible. Wanna see something stupid, give it a checkerboard pattern.

Boof69
09-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I've redone the blur disks and copied the hierarchy from the example heli and nothing changes the way the head block renders. I can't figure it out. Matt's most recent heli seems to look the same.

jeffpn
09-29-2012, 07:44 PM
How does it look in sim? ;)

Boof69
09-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Um....Look at the pics.;)

jeffpn
09-29-2012, 08:04 PM
That's just screenshots.

Boof69
09-29-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm sorry I'm just not getting the joke. RF renders the model too Jeff.:)

jeffpn
09-29-2012, 08:28 PM
My point is what does it look like as you fly it? Is it right there? Is it only a still shot that looks weird?

Mikeymike21
09-29-2012, 08:59 PM
the shot is not frozen unless the sim is paused, yes thats what it looks like when flying.

Boof69
09-29-2012, 09:03 PM
No something is wrong my blur disks aren't showing up correctly, and I cannot find further information on this subject.

Boof69
10-05-2012, 05:35 PM
I have spent some time testing the problem of the blur disk for this heli and I have discovered some things that the tutorials do not cover nor could I find discussion about the subject. Firstly you can only have a single material applied. You can map it and use an external texture and you can even use opacity but it is still only a singe material. You can put a baked material on the blur disk but you cannot use 2 baked materials. The head on the Velocity is black and aluminium and I was using baked materials to show both in the blur disk.
The other issue is using specular in the material. This will lessen the effect of a spinning head.
The shots below are not a fair representation of how things look in the sim but it is no longer a problem.

Groni
10-05-2012, 06:12 PM
This looks sweet. After I learn setting up the hierarchy on 3dsmax i guess this will be my biggest adventure to learn.

Canīt wait for that beauty :)

Boof69
10-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Aside from maybe doing a different CS on the canopy this one is finished. Kyle approves of the physics on this one and so do I.
Here are some renders.

Madratter
10-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Aside from maybe doing a different CS on the canopy this one is finished. Kyle approves of the physics on this one and so do I.
Here are some renders.

That is one great looking copter. :D

Boof69
10-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Some shots from RF.

Thanks MR.:)

abaser
10-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Heck, if it flies as good as it:eek: looks, who needs a real one.

Boof69
10-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks andy. It flies better than it looks IMO.

Mikeymike21
10-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Looks good. Canopy shape is off a little. Here are some photos
http://s50.radikal.ru/i129/1010/52/d6fd184ff7f7.jpg
http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=187126&d=1288134957
http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=183123&d=1286096174

FBL Headblock should sit about 8mm lower than it is now

Boof69
10-12-2012, 12:19 AM
This is the 90N2. the canopy is changed.

Mikeymike21
10-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Canopy is the same shape, different colors, I flew the prototype 90 N2 at ircha.

Boof69
10-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Ok Thanks I'll look it over.

Mikeymike21
10-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Thanks

Looking forward to flying it in the sim soon hopefully.

PS Here is a photo of the N2 FBL headblock. Ill try and get someone on helifreak that owns one to measure the height

Boof69
10-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Don't waste your time I have technical drawings from outrage.

Groni
10-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Very impressive Work Scott! WOW! Hope that strike ends soon, so we can all enjoy it :) You become a unofficial 10 from me :)

Fly_electric
10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Looks great!

That 3D airport is not familiar (or at least from that view angle).
Which AP is it?

csgill75
10-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Looks great!

That 3D airport is not familiar (or at least from that view angle).
Which AP is it?

Looks like the air race stadium to me

Boof69
10-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Yup air race stadium.:)

Boof69
10-17-2012, 12:15 PM
I thought I'd try a new way to show my models. Click on the link to check it out.
Click Here! (http://boof69rfmodels.com/modelviewer/Velocity90/)

Groni
10-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Wow, thats a nice way to show it. Nice that you use a YS Engine! Very nice canopy! Canīt wait to fly it!! :)

Boof69
10-17-2012, 01:52 PM
There are allot of limitations though. It uses 3ds format only. 1024x1024 texture only, and no spec or normal maps. Any shading errors are from the 3ds export which tends to break verts on cylidrical objects.

Groni
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Better than a still image :) So you can have a closer look at it. And nice to know that the final model will be even higher in quality.

Maj. Numbskully
10-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Very cool

Madratter
10-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I thought I'd try a new way to show my models. Click on the link to check it out.
Click Here! (http://boof69rfmodels.com/modelviewer/Velocity90/)

Despite the limitations, it is a pretty nice way to show the model.

Boof69
10-19-2012, 05:58 PM
OK so this pic should do to ask this question. I have the upper fuel line that attaches to the carb colored blueish pink on my most current version. The other line I have it blue thinking this line carries back pressure to the fuel tank there fore it won't have the fuel pink color.
Is this correct? I haven't flown a glow engine in many many years. :o

Boof69
10-20-2012, 01:27 AM
So I think I'm finally happy with everything on this one. MM21 I reworked the canopy and did realize a difference in the flybar and flybarless head blocks so that is reshaped and lowered. This one is right at the poly limit so additions are out of the question. The mesh is as optimized as much as I could get it. Details like wires and electronic systems were out of reach poly wise.
I will upload this as soon as the Swaps adds a RF6.5 section. I plan on re-releasing models tweaked for 6.5.
I decided on a different CS for the canopy. I like the green.;)

Groni
10-20-2012, 05:33 AM
The new Head looks good. Hopefully KE adds a new Section quick. The canopy is much better now with the green.
Cant wait :)

Mikeymike21
10-20-2012, 06:44 AM
looks perfect. nice work

Boof69
10-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks guys.

Mikeymike21
10-20-2012, 01:55 PM
your fuel line is right, top tank line routes to the bottom of the engine, center tank line goes to engine carb.

jeffpn
10-20-2012, 01:56 PM
If he's right, why did you explain it? :confused:

Boof69
10-20-2012, 02:03 PM
I knew the configuration was right. I was making sure that the pressure line never carries fuel. Thanks

Mikeymike21
10-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I knew the configuration was right. I was making sure that the pressure line never carries fuel. Thanks

On that YS engine there is a one way valve so nothing can enter the engine through that line

Bedtime
10-22-2012, 12:26 PM
So when can we expect this in the Swap pages? Can't wait to fly it, looks awesome! great work!

Boof69
10-22-2012, 12:27 PM
When you see 6.5 added to the swap pages. They usually add the new section after the new version goes public.

Bedtime
10-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Cheers, will keep a keen eye on the swap pages :D

Boof69
10-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Follow the LINK! (http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=17559)

Bedtime
10-25-2012, 05:58 PM
DUDE! This thing is totally awesome! well done! only change I had to make is changing the blades to 690's (I prefer that size).

Cheers for all the hard work!

Alex

Boof69
10-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks Alex.:)

Madratter
10-25-2012, 09:41 PM
My favorite copter yet. :D

Boof69
10-25-2012, 10:27 PM
That's really nice of you to say. Thanks MR.:)

Mikeymike21
10-25-2012, 11:03 PM
nice one !!

AlternativeRC
10-25-2012, 11:08 PM
I has an outrage for this model, (snicker..)

The fuel doesnt slosh around in the tank when I change orientation!!:D:D;)

Beautiful work of art once again Boof...

Boof69
10-25-2012, 11:15 PM
I has an outrage for this model, (snicker..)

The fuel doesnt slosh around in the tank when I change orientation!!:D:D;)

Beautiful work of art once again Boof...

I would've loved to make that happen but the tank would have to be a sphere.
Thanks allot.;)

csgill75
10-26-2012, 01:17 AM
I would've loved to make that happen but the tank would have to be a sphere.
Thanks allot.;)

DX11 and physiX could make that happen ;)

Anyways it is a damn good looking model.

Boof69
10-26-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm pleased you like its looks.;)

nowayoks
10-26-2012, 06:37 PM
i just want 2 say way nice job on the Outrage Velocity 90N2 FBL_EA
hope i am posting this right don't do much posting but this heil i like keep up the good work. i just built the t-rex 450 pro dfc. i noticed some similarities in your Outrage Velocity 90N2 FBL_EA obviously a big size difference and yours is way smoother and don't bog down. that i love. thanks
dave, nowayoks

Boof69
10-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Thank you so much. Glad you like it.:)

kennyd1gital
11-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Just want to say that your Outrage Velocity 90 N2 has surpassed the Synergy N5c FBL as my favorite heli to fly in RF! Outstanding job! I want more!!! :p

It's also worth noting that immediately after downloading the V90N2 I, for whatever reason, decided to make yet another attempt at learning piro flips. I'm not sure if it was the heli or just a strange coincidence, but (after an hour and a half) I finally got it! :D I can now do piro flips, although a good deal of refinement is needed. ;)

(A little background: I've been flying on and off for the past ~10 years. I taught myself how to fly helis on RF G2, before flying my first heli, a Thunder Tiger Raptor .30 V2. I have always wanted to be able to do piro flips, because I think they're one of the coolest looking maneuvers but, for whatever reason, could never figure them out until now. FINALLY!!! :))

Boof69
11-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks so much. I have heard from some good heli pilots that my model has a light feel. That it sinks slowly even in autos. This is probably what has made it a bit easier to learn piros. I glad you were able to get the maneuver down. Maybe I'll learn how some day.:)