PDA

View Full Version : Flyzone Tidewater

riggerdood
06-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Flyzone Tidewater is available for RF7.5? Just bought the real thing (along with 7.5), and would love to be able to sim it before trying to fly it for real ... ;-P

Thanks!

- riggerdood

Johnny31297
06-20-2015, 05:45 PM
It's not in the sim, it's not on the swaps, I'd say nope.

riggerdood
06-20-2015, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply!

Yeah, I can't find it in any of those places either. Might play with the aircraft editor a bit and see if I can turn a Seawind into a reasonable facsimile. Don't really see on there where one can create an aircraft from scratch? The manual doesn't really cover that ...

Johnny31297
06-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Making aircraft from scratch is impossible for new users at this point so there's no point in going into detail.. Rough version: You use external 3d software to make a model, set pivots, name parts and map textures. Then you export this model to RF and make physics for it.
Problem: the only program supported by the RF model exporter is 3DSMax 2012 32-bit, which is not available anymore. Hang in there and wait for KE do release a new exporting tool, till then you're stuck.

If anyone who still has this software wants to make one, this might help:

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplanes/flza3330/flza3330-trim-over.jpg

doug schluter
06-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Flyzone Tidewater is available for RF7.5? Just bought the real thing (along with 7.5), and would love to be able to sim it before trying to fly it for real ... ;-P

Thanks!

- riggerdood

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=13764

dhk79 made this EA not what your after but may be good as second choice

riggerdood
06-20-2015, 07:07 PM
Making aircraft from scratch is impossible for new users at this point so there's no point in going into detail.. Rough version: You use external 3d software to make a model, set pivots, name parts and map textures. Then you export this model to RF and make physics for it.
Problem: the only program supported by the RF model exporter is 3DSMax 2012 32-bit, which is not available anymore. Hang in there and wait for KE do release a new exporting tool, till then you're stuck.

If anyone who still has this software wants to make one, this might help:

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplanes/flza3330/flza3330-trim-over.jpg
Yup, that's my baby!

OK, thx, will keep fingers crossed ...

- riggerdood

riggerdood
06-20-2015, 07:11 PM

Thanks! That one looks a lot like the TW, and I downloaded it, but it doesn't show up in the "Select Aircraft" list ... ?

riggerdood
06-20-2015, 09:39 PM

[Tried to send a reply to this, but got a message saying the moderator had to first approve ... ?]

riggerdood
06-21-2015, 10:47 PM
I've posted 2 more replies to this thread - can someone please tell me why they do not show up? Have I been banned already? What did I say that was so wrong?

csgill75
06-22-2015, 06:18 AM
New accounts have some restrictions which prevents you from posting some things. This was done to combat spammers. This site has had a lot of trouble with that in the past. An administrator has to update your account.

riggerdood
06-22-2015, 09:00 AM
OK, thanks!

I can assure the admin that I am a real, live, non-spamming user ... ;-P

doug schluter
06-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Thanks! That one looks a lot like the TW, and I downloaded it, but it doesn't show up in the "Select Aircraft" list ... ?

make sure its the EA and not the AV i down loaded it and imported it, and its good it's in list

riggerdood
06-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong after downloading the zip file? Do I have to put all of the various files into other directories to make it work?

Thanks Doug!

csgill75
06-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong after downloading the zip file? Do I have to put all of the various files into other directories to make it work?

Thanks Doug!

No you don't extract anything. Leave the file the way you found it.

Read and follow these instructions

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/importexporthelp/importhelp.php

doug schluter
06-22-2015, 07:46 PM

Thanks Doug!

not do just like csgil 75 says swap files you import from with in the sim right from down load location where your files go , no unzip

riggerdood
06-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Thanks so much for the help for a noob! The pdf manual covers importing, just doesn't say anything about zip files, so that's where I was funcused! ;-P

Got it loaded, and she flies beautifully! Thanks for all the help guys, and thanks dhk79 for a sim that probably flies a lot more like the Tidewater than the Seawind. I'll just keep practicing with these two until such time as the TW is available, or I'm skilled enough to create it myself ... <grin>

doug schluter
06-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Thanks so much for the help for a noob! The pdf manual covers importing, just doesn't say anything about zip files, so that's where I was funcused! ;-P

Got it loaded, and she flies beautifully! Thanks for all the help guys, and thanks dhk79 for a sim that probably flies a lot more like the Tidewater than the Seawind. I'll just keep practicing with these two until such time as the TW is available, or I'm skilled enough to create it myself ... <grin>

that good to hear you have it importing , now you can go check out all the EA's and AV's , just make sure you have the original EA , in order to use the AV's and color schemes made for it

riggerdood
06-22-2015, 08:49 PM
Thanks, will do, I'll be sure to try them all!

Kmot
08-05-2016, 11:48 PM
The Tidewater is such a great flying airplane, KE needs to add it. Whatever happened to the Expansion Pack program?

BrokeDad
08-06-2016, 10:13 AM
The Tidewater is such a great flying airplane, KE needs to add it. Whatever happened to the Expansion Pack program?

RF has kinda been in a "dead zone" as far as expansion packs and user created models for quite a while now. Having to use old outdated software that most can't keep authorized doesn't help.
Like most hobby stores everything (including RF) is about drones and quads these days. Helicopters are now relegated to the back room and MAYBE one shelf at both locations here. It has gotten me some incredible deals though as they had stock they wanted gone.
RF drone is probably their hot product right now. It doesn't even have the editor. But then most of those kind of pilots just want something they can unbox, turn on, and "fly" (They almost fly themselves.. very little skill involved except racing FPV).
Hopefully RF8 will come out this fall. I know Ryan hasn't given up on developing it (don't ask).
The other thing that has killed RF is Horizon buying up Phoenix. So don't expect anything Blade or Align coming on RF unless a user makes it. Some manufacturers still do models for RF. The eXo 500 was just released this summer and they made a RF one. My hat goes off to the members here and on Helifreak who designed it.

Ok.. that's enough.. Time to enjoy the day. I didn't make it to IRCHA because of a funeral earlier this week and now back pain. I will be simming and flying at home all day. Maybe I will work more on the Blade 1000EFL AV I've been having fun creating. Some things you can do on the computer that wouldn't work in real life. But then it's fun flying something fictional at least IMHO.

Johnny31297
08-06-2016, 01:51 PM
The eXo wasn't made by the manufacturer, they just provided the CAD file for the canopy, that's about how far their support went :o

Kmot
08-13-2016, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the info Broke Dad.

I fly quads also but they have not terminated my interest in flying my fixed wing aircraft. But I do understand that there are many people operating "drones" now that have zero interest in the hobby of model aviation.