PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Display - all washed out - after update to 2.00.518

Scott
06-12-2002, 02:14 PM
Hello,
I have a system, Intel 1 Ghz with ATI Rage 128 4x on Windows XP Pro. I installed RF Deluxe, and then the RFG2 Upgrade CD. All worked fine. Then the next day, I installed Add-ons 1, 2, and 3, and then did an online update to 2.00.518. Now when launched, my display in RFG2 is washed out in mostly dark grey for displaying the flying location. I updated XP Pro's display driver with a recommended ATI driver from the ATI's Web site, but to no avail. I also downgraded to 2.00.386 temporarily, but that made no change. I went back to 2.00.518 and it is still washed out. I went to Microsoft's Windows XP update and downloaded a display GDI+ recommended update, but that didn't help either. Can anyone explain why the Add-on's 1, 2, or 3, or the update to 2.00.518 washed out my display? Like I said before, the original install of RFD and RFG2 upgrade install displayed fine.
Any help will be appreciated.
J. Scott Branscum
js.branscum@verizon.net

Scott
06-12-2002, 02:47 PM
Somehow the "Show Fog" setting got checked, but I sure don't remember checking it.

Thanks,
Scott