PDA

View Full Version : Shocking situation.


Lyle
09-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Every few minutes my USB interlink gives me a hell of a static shock. Keeps me awake but causes a lot of crashes.

Computer is fairly new and properly grounded.
Using WinXP

Any ideas besides rubber gloves?

Lyle

jonb
09-11-2002, 09:07 PM
To be clear: you are giving it a static shock.

Your are in a carpeted room?

Your chair is cloth covered?

You are wearing pants and shoes?

You wiggle a lot?

Basically you are storing too much charge. Your environment is too well insulated.

You will eventually kill your PC.

Look for an anti-static spray in your local office supply store and spray around your computer. If you can't find any, search google for homemade antistatic spray. You can make some yourself with antistatic fabric goo (fabric softener) that you buy at wal-mart.

Lyle
09-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Have you been spying on me?

Too right. Thank you.

Lyle.