View Full Version : Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
12-04-2004, 12:28 AM
I just received RealFlight G3 and did the install of Version 3.00.313. The program loaded and ran a couple of times and then I installed ADD-ONS Volume 1 thorugh 5. No errors were detected and I did NOT downgrade the DirectX Version 9c with the earlier ones on the ADD-ON disk.
Now RealFlight G3 generates the following error when ever I attempt to run the software.
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
Program G:\Program Files\RealFlightG3\RealFlight.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusal way.
I did do the update to 3.00.329 to see if this would fix the issue and the problem remains.
Any ideas other that to uninstall and re-install the software again...
12-04-2004, 02:59 AM
1. I uninstalled G3 and then did a re-install. I verified that the original installation worked Version 3.00.313 and then did the update to 3.00.329.
2. At this point I installed ADD-ON 1 using the serial number 15737246-RF-1842326951. The installation completed without any problems noted however when I attempted to launch the program the Microsoft C++ Runtime error reappered.
3. I uninstalled G3 and did another install and update to Version 3.00.329
4. This time I loaded ADD-ON 5 and was able to properly execute the G3 program without any Microsoft C++ Runtime errors.
5. I then loaded ADD-ON 4 and was able to properly execute the G3 program.
6. I then loaded ADD-ON 3 and was able to properly execute the G3 program.
7. I then loaded ADD-ON 2 with serial number 15737246-RF-1842326951 and was able to properly execute the G3 program.
8. At this point I stopped an did some flying.....
I will attempt to load ADD-ON 1 into G3 tommorrow to see if the error message returns.
12-05-2004, 01:30 AM
Per my previous messages I have RealFlight G3 installed with ADD-ONS 2-5. Everything has been working so far with the exceptionof the ZOOM and Screen Reolsution issues which are detailed in another message.
If I install ADD-ON 1 the error message returns indicating that thhe program has called for a abnormal termination. I then manually removed the files that were installed by ADD-ON 1 and the system is now able to start again.
By a process of elimination I have determined that the file that is causing the problem is:
File Size: 958KB
File Date: 07/6/1998 2:38 PM
Since I have RealFlight G2 installed on this computer I checked the DATA folder for a similar file and found the following:
File Size: 1006KB
File Date: 12/03/2004 1:26 AM
RealFlight G2 is installed in G:\Program Files\RealFlight
RealFlight G3 is installed in G:\Program Files\RealFlightG3
I did tr moving the 12/03/2004 file into the G3 Data Folder but this did not resolve the issue.
12-05-2004, 03:54 AM
[QUOTE=.....update to 3.00.329.
Where do i get this update ?
When i tried to update G3 says it has the newest version ....313 ?
12-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Check out the message from Ryan Douglas on 12/03/20004 in the RealFlight G3 Support Forum for the specifics on how to obtain the Beta release code.
12-06-2004, 12:36 PM
I spoke with Great Planes technical support this morning and it was determined that I have a "early version" ADD-ON 1 disk and this is what is causing the error message that I have been experiencing. They will be sending me a new ADD-ON 1 disk to resolve the issue.
The tech support person also indicated that this may alsp occur on "early version" ADD-ON 2 disk. This issue has not been reported on ADD-ON 3-5.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.