Not so long ago, at an RC field fairly close by...
For Star Wars fans, here is the T-65 X-wing starfighter manufactured by Incom Corporation. This model represents Luke Skywalker's Red 5.
- S-foils can be set to 3 positions
- Laser cannon, S-foils and engines can break off separately
- VTOL, with STOL and rolling takeoffs/landings added by request
- R2D2's head rotates with rudder
- Lighted instrument panel, engines, R2D2 and strobe/anticollision for night flying
3-position switch - Open/close S-foils. Down = closed, center = open 15 deg, up = open 30 deg
Left switch - Dual rates
Right switch - Landing gear
Knob - Turbine thrust, fully clockwise = vertical, fully counterclockwise = horizontal
3D Model - DirtyHarry3033, with thanks to dhk79 for providing a "freebie" 3D model of the X-wing that I used as reference for areas that were not clear in my 3-views. I did NOT use any parts from this model, all the 3D work is mine.
"Luke" figure - Herc40, with posing, modifications and mapping by DirtyHarry3033
CS - DirtyHarry3033, based on pics of of EFX Collectibles studio-scale X-wing
Physics - DirtyHarry3033, based loosely on G4.5 Harrier model
Simiply Incredible.... This plane actually feels like flying Luke Skywaker's Red 5. This could be the Plane-of-the-Year if there is such an award for RF RCs. On a scale of 1 to 10.... I modestly give you a 20.