Here is my long-overdue Douglas TBD-1 Devastator, representing the Devastator flown by Ens George Gay, the sole survivor of VT-8 at the Battle of Midway. This model is dedicated to the heroic sacrifice made by the men of Torpedo Squadron 8 on June 4, 1942.
From Wikipedia, a list of the fallen:
* Lt. Commander John C. Waldron
* Lt. Raymond A. Moore
* Lt. James C. Owens, Jr.
* Lt.(jg) George M. Campbell
* Lt.(jg) John P. Gray
* Lt.(jg) Jeff D. Woodson
* Ens. William W. Abercrombie
* Ens. William W. Creamer
* Ens. Harold J. Ellison
* Ens. William R. Evans
* Ens. Henry R. Kenyon
* Ens. Ulvert M. Moore
* Ens. Grant W. Teats
* Robert B. Miles, Aviation Pilot 1c
* Horace F. Dobbs, Chief Radioman
* Amelio Maffei, Radioman 1
* Tom H. Pettry, Radioman 1
* Otway D. Creasy, Jr. Radioman 2
* Ross H. Bibb, Jr., Radioman 2
* Darwin L. Clark, Radioman 2
* Ronald J. Fisher, Radioman 2
* Hollis Martin, Radioman 2
* Bernerd P. Phelps Radioman 2
* Aswell L. Picou, Seaman 2
* Francis S. Polston, Seaman 2
* Max A. Calkins, Radioman 3
* George A. Field, Radioman 3
* Robert K. Huntington, Radioman 3
* William F. Sawhill, Radioman 3
Pilots of VT-8's Avenger detachment lost:
* Lt. Langdon K. Fieberling, Commanding
* Ensign O.J. Gaynier
* Ensign V.A. Lewis
* Ensign C. E. Brannon
* AMM1c D. D. Woodside
Flight controls are as expected. Switch assignments:
Knob - Flaps
Top Right - Landing Gear
Top Left - Torpedo Drop
3-Position - Down = Canopy closed, wings unfolded.
.............Center = Canopy open, wings unfolded.
.............Up = Canopy open, wings folded.
Elevator forward = Apply brakes
The rear gunner's canopy and MG configuration can be changed in the editor by changing "Engine to Show" in the Engine component:
4STROKE = Canopy open, twin .30cal MG mount (correct for VT-8 CS)
2STROKE = Canopy open, single .30cal MG mount (correct for Yellow Wings CS)
ELECTRIC = Canopy closed, MG stowed in bin (for either CS)
NONE = Canopy and MG will NOT be shown
Note - make sure "Display Advanced Properties" is selected in the Editor options!
I allowed the DDS alot of time to download, no rushing. It loaded well and I have had no crashing in my G5. Suggest those of you having troubles reload the EA. It flies great and even the torpedoe tracks well! Very nice job!!