Artist and Designer Mirco Pecorari of Aircraft Studio Design ( www.aircraftstudiodesign.com ) is the mind behind the colorscheme of the real world Prometheus, and many other beautiful aircraft liveries.
This alternative Prometheus scheme pays homage to his 2007/2008 studio concept drawings (attached) that were an integral reference for the CS that was released with the Prometheus EA. The CS included in the original EA is a current version of Skip's plane, differing slightly from these original drawings.
The differences in this version are subtle, but numerous:
- No decals on the front fuse sides, or on wing ends
- The "red bars" on the wings are stopped short of the LE, and are white, not red, on the underside of the top wing
- Gear struts are polished metal as opposed to painted black
- Entirely different under-wing color fields and graphics
- 'Skip Stewart' and 'Xteam Airshows' web addresses included on the bottom wing underside
- Ghost flames included behind the cowl and wheel pants main flames
- No external CF covers, all paint
If you are familiar with the original drawings, or are simply looking for a cleaner version of Prometheus, enjoy this tribute and "Thank You" version honoring the extremely talented Mirco Pecorari.