Go Back   Knife Edge > Swap Pages > RealFlight G4.5 > Aircraft > Aircraft Models
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Search Swap Pages
Type in your search with keywords or phrases separated by commas

Or, try our Advanced Search.
DeLorean_BTTF2_EA
File Details
File:
DeLorean_BTTF2_EA
  • Size: 16.27 MB
    Includes: Color Scheme: delorean, Variant:
    Version: 4.50.021
  • Author: ViennaLex76
    Date Added: 11-03-2010
    Downloads: 17623
    Grade: 10 (34 votes)
    Description:
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need... roads!"
    Doc Emmett Brown pronounced these words just before to activate the VTOL-Engine of the DeLorean and fly with 88mph to the future, the october 21st 2015, 04:29PM.
    Enjoy the driving and hovering of the DeLorean from Back to the Future 2 with this replica for RealFlight G4.5
    Almost everything is animated! Open the doors and watch the steering-gear, pedals and RPM Needle rotate.
    Drive it in the night and enjoy the full animated LED panel, time display, flux capacitor and undercarriage lights.
    I only forgot to wash the car before to post, so please ignore the tar spots on the body and the hand smudges on the windows ;-)

Channels affectation:
    CH1 to CH4 : as usual in VTOL mode
    CH5 : UP > front gear | DOWN > rear gear (only in drive mode)
    CH6 : Knob CW-turned > VTOL (only in flight mode) | CCW-turned forward flight
    CH7 : Open doors
    CH8 : Push UP > Drive mode | MIDDLE > Hover mode, Flight mode | Pull DOWN > gears retract
    Kill engine : opens Mr. Fusion (reset for refuelling)

Just for fun, here a short video I found on YouTube about the DeLorean driven by Doc with Einstein inside:
    BTTF - temporal experiment nr.2

Modeling, texturing and physics by ViennaLex76
    Tested ONLY under G4.5 with standard RealFlight Controller.

Enjoy!
    Lex

P.S. This project is JUST FOR FUN so please don't make a comment like "the aerodynamic of the car is wrong" A car... well... can't fly. It's like that, the aerodynamic of a real car isn't made for flying so I had to cheat, BUT it looks approximately like in the movie :-D
    Related Files
    Variants: DeLorean_BTTF2 60%_AV, DeLorean DMC-12 Racer_AV, DeLorean_BTTF2 with time travel_AV, DeLorean_BTTF2_AV, DeLorean_BTTF2 3Dmax_AV, DeLorean BTTF2 3Dmax TFC_AV, DeLorean_BTTF2 3Dmax_HM5_AV
    Color Schemes: sponsored_CS
    Images
    Rate File
    You cannot rate files
    Selected Comments
    DateRatingAuthorComment
    11-04-201010bmz_loopA M A Z I N G ! ! ! ! ! ! ! So cool Lex. Terrific Detail and SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!
    02-18-201210Nitro KidFREAKING AWESOME!
    11-03-201010nemo_uk10 +++ , great work.
    03-24-201110gi1mo2Really cool. Now I want a real one. I normally use RealFlight to practice for the real thing :-)
    11-03-201010HelimanCP2WOW!! I dont even know where to start... This is AMAZING! The amount of detail that went into this model is simply unbelievable!!! Even has functioning brake lights!! Very uniqe model.. Great work, Lex!! My only issue, very minor, is the gas pedal and tachometer only work when the vehicle is in reverse.. Still a 10+ in my book!!