Go Back   Knife Edge > Swap Pages > RealFlight 8 > Aircraft > Aircraft Variants
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Search Swap Pages
Type in your search with keywords or phrases separated by commas

Or, try our Advanced Search.
Tomahawk Design 35M L-39_AV
File Details
File:
Tomahawk Design 35M L-39_AV
  • Size: 49.9 KB
    Requires: L-39 from RealFlight 8
    Version: 8.00.053
    Author: flyintrumpetguy
    Date Added: 06-08-2019
    Downloads: 38
    Score: (Awaiting 15 votes)
    Description:
    One of my favorite things to do with the sim is to do my best to recreate a real world model as closely as possible.

Here I have recreated the Tomahawk Design 1:2.7 scale L-39 seen in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMFxkbgSSqk&t=2s . I feel like I've gotten this one as close as is possible. Let's face it, this is probably the closest most of us will get to flying a $40,000 model airplane.

The flying characteristics seem to be pretty similar, and are really fun! Straight and level airspeed is just about 200.

Controls are pretty standard… there are brakes on down elevator, flaps on the knob and smoke on the 3 position switch. Just a note... occasionally it will do a weird bouncing thing when you first reset, just wait a second or reset again and you're good to go. I don't know why it does this, the gear responds as expected when flying.

Be sure to download the Breitling Jet Team Number 7 scheme I made for it to match the plane in the video. I hope you like it!
    Related Files
    Variants: Aero L-39 Albatros 50% Mike's Setup_AV
    Color Schemes: Breitling Jet Team Number 7 Scott_CS
    Images
    Rate File
    You cannot rate files
    Selected Comments
    No comments available for this file.