Go Back   Knife Edge > Swap Pages > RealFlight G4.5 > Aircraft > Aircraft Models
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Search Swap Pages
Type in your search with keywords or phrases separated by commas

Or, try our Advanced Search.
Beech Baron 58_EA
File Details
File:
Beech Baron 58_EA
  • Size: 1.30 MB
    Includes: Color Scheme: baron 58, Variant:
    Version: 4.50.025
  • Author: DirtyHarry3033
    Date Added: 04-30-2009
    Downloads: 12021
    Grade: 9.9 (17 votes)
    Description:
    For your simming pleasure, I present my 5th effort for RF, the Beechcraft Baron 58.

The Baron series was introduced in 1961 and was based on the Beechcraft Bonanza by way of the Beechcraft 95 Travel Air, which was a twin-engine plane combining the fuselage of the Bonanza with the tail surfaces of the T-34 Mentor. Beechcraft reworked the Travel Air, replacing the Mentor tail feathers with those from the Bonanza and redesigned the nacelles, and the Baron was born.

Still in production today, the Baron has been near the top of the light GA "food chain" since its introduction. The next step up is a big one indeed.

My model represents the Baron 58 which was introduced in 1970. This model featured a longer cabin, club seating and more powerful engines than its predecessors the Baron 55 and Baron 56. I'll ask you not to look too closely at the model, it is more of an "artist's interpretation" than an accurate reproduction. 3-views were almost impossible to find, and those I found were very small and lacking detail. I ended up taking bits and pieces from several 3-views of 58's and 55's, tracing them in my CAD program, zooming on the resulting CAD views to get a large enough image, saving and stitching together the resulting .jpg's to make my own 3-views. Then, about 3 or 4 dozen photos of various quality were used to fill in the missing bits and shape parts that weren't clear in any of the views I found.

That said, the resulting 3d model is certainly inaccurate, but I think she captures the essence and grace of the Baron. Hope you guys will enjoy flying her

Flight controls are as expected. Flaps of course on the rotary knob, landing gear on top-right toggle switch. I've added brakes to this model, they are activated by pressing forward on the elevator stick (down elevator.) At mid-stick the brakes are fully released, they won't engage until you reach 75% of forward (down) elevator travel.

Visual model - DirtyHarry3033
    Physics model - DirtyHarry3033
    CS - DirtyHarry3033
    Related Files
    Variants: Beech Baron 58_AV, BEECH BARON 58 LARGE SCALE_AV, BEECH BARON 58 87%_AV, Beech Baron 58 FPV_AV, Beech Baron 58 FPV adv_AV, Beech Baron 58P_AV, Beechcraft Baron G58 RF75_AV
    Color Schemes: Beech Baron Red Black_CS, Tiger Baron 58_CS, Beech Baron 58 KLM by 211_CS, baron 58 Black_CS, baron 58 Brown_CS, Baron 58 white - navy_CS, Baron 58 Tan-1_CS
    Images
    Rate File
    You cannot rate files
    Selected Comments
    DateRatingAuthorComment
    07-30-200910edmooranother 10......perfection......you guys are gettin real good at this.
    05-02-200910cfossaBeatuiful and great flying model. Thanks!
    05-07-200910rjmanzukMy only complaint is that I haven't figured out how to kill one engine a t a time, EVERY TIME. I want to practice single engine ops, and sometimes, quite randomly, the "K" key kills BOTH engines, rather than one. Other than that, this is a super bird.
    04-30-200910doug schluterMan what a beautiful airplane flies good too thanks DH
    12-27-200910davevhGreat job; having flown a real Baron this brings back memories (especially the heavy elevator on landing!)