View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 01:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourke View Post
Viperdriver a lot of what you are saying is your opinion and I'm not about to argue with it. You are the customer and you know what is best for you. If RF-X isn't it then ok. I also enjoy that you come here to tell people about your experience because that is best for everyone. If you spare someone the agony of buying the wrong product you've done us all a favor. More power to you.

Also it's very helpful for me to hear your comments and everyone else's because I rely on them to work out what is best for the product line. It's because of so many comments like yours that we returned to RF 7.5 to build RF 8.0.

No of course not because we do not promise the future. We don't even talk about releases one day before they are ready, with the recent exception where Ryan spilled the beans on the RF-X update that is coming soon. Other than that, you are buying what we have in the box every time you buy software from us. You are never buying what we may or may not do next week. You might have noticed that we have a history of doing updates but we do not make them upon demand. We make them according to a lot of factors. There are only so many resources available and there are lots of requests.

That doesn't mean I don't sympathize, but you have to meet me halfway. After all, weren't you involved in this decision? You could have waited until you knew a little more about the feature set or what the frame rate would be on your system. For that matter you could have asked about it here. No one here wanted you to be in the unhappy and angry position you are in right now. We tried to release the information you needed to make the best decision for you.

Of course we will keep working on performance but there is only so much we can do. RF-X will probably never run at 1920x1080 on your system at any reasonable frame rate.

PhotoFields are low priority for RF-X as long as RF 7.5/8 is on the market. Customers with low-end systems aren't buying RF-X to begin with so we want to focus on features that make heavy use of the 3D engine we invested in.

Jim
Jim

So what exactly was the point of RFX then? If 7.5/8 basically can do everything better than RFX wasn't RFX just a experiment gone wrong and really releasing 8 backs that up. What is the compelling argument for creating RFX because I just don't see one whatsoever.

As for buying RFX, it was the same process I have used since G2 as every version since was always slightly more compelling but it always worked and usually had some nice upgrades. RFX was the exact opposite, it's like everyone there at knife edge sat down and stripped everything out that people enjoyed, multiplayer, photo fields, creating custom fields and aircraft and absolutely zero backwards compatibility with any expansion packs.

As for resolution, asking a sim to run at 1920x1080 is not at all a demanding task in today's world and a 980ti overclocked,32gb of ram and i7 6700k Intel processor should be more than up to the task. Again I believe that is exactly why you released 8, as you realized the majority of people do not have a system that can come close to running it properly, nor do they want to invest 1500.00 (1080 card, 32gb ram and mobo/processor) to do so and that's if you build your own pc's as I do. Not to mention that is why hobby shops do not demo RFX in stores.

I personally see you dropping support completely for RFX in the next year and quietly let it fade off into the sunset. Unfortunately we are left holding the bag and to get the features that would have been considered natural progression for RFX we are now left with the option of buying 8.

Last edited by viperdriver5150; 10-13-2017 at 11:59 PM.