View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaurin4st
Thanks for the response Jeff.

I was looking for a list of video cards that would be recommended.

The G5 Manual says: "For a list of the video cards that have been tested by our staff, please visit: www.gpsoftware.com"

The "Knowledge Base" was completely useless so I have moved on to the "Discussion Board". Not so easy finding this ôLIST" so I posted the question hoping someone would know where it is or have some useful info.

Still looking for the list. Anyone know where it is?

Thanks.

Jon Rider
--------------------------
Jon,

I found this on the Knifeedge.com site. Keep in mind that G 4.5 and G 5 have the same optimum requirments.

"Q. WHAT GRAPHICS CARDS DO YOU RECOMMEND?
A. Meeting the minimum requirement is not likely to result in a satisfactory experience--RealFlight will run, but at low quality and low frame rates. If your computer has an AGP slot for graphics cards, we recommend the ATI Radeon HD 3850 or NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS. If your computer has a PCI-e slot for graphics cards, we recommend the ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT. All of these graphics cards are available for less than $200. There are many other graphics cards available for less money than these; here at Knife Edge we use the GeForce 8800 GT, which is available for about $120."

After I shopped on line for some of these, I have found that some brands have received better reviews than others (even though the cards have the same "name", such as GeForce 8800 GT. Hmmm.

I'm also shopping for a new computer. From what I've read on-line, I will need to buy one with a large enough power supply (450w?) to power the 3d gaming video card. I think.