View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellah1z View Post
Ok BTW this is flat screen not VR ..yet

Went back to all default clock speeds on full high graphics setting (No bloom).

The game still looked great but had the plane holdback (its not a freeze as the game keeps running in the background as when it restarts time jumps forward but your plane is in the same place. It was so bad in the circuit I ran out of time there were so many holdbacks. So it's not the overclocking so far...

I then dialled all the graphics to minimum with no overclock and then with overclock and still getting the freezes.

Here is something interesting is that on HWINFO it shows cores 0 t 6 with virutally less than 5% usage but core 7 is maxed out and totally bound at 100% even on low graphics.

So I went to a program I run called Lasso which binds applications to certain cores and for some reason it had assigned just one core out of 8 to Acro being core 7. Once I allowed acro to use all cores there problem disappeared. So it was Lasso defaulting it to just one core.

I am back in the game and its awesome now to VR mode.

Thanks for the chat Tom C its always good working with you.
OK, I was going to say I hope you were not running Lasso. That's junk software imho and I think you would be best to get rid of it. Just let Windows handle these things. Could also be the reason for your lower than expected performance with RF8/9.

Anyway, good to know it's working better now. I'd still keep your overclocking to a minimum though so your CPU lasts longer.

Please quit editing previous posts (just start a new one if necessary) because I don't normally go back to these. Your PS about XP11 guys using Lasso has pretty well been debunked by Laminar. The current findings is that XP11 works best with muli thread optimisation on or auto and this will def be the case once Vulcan is incorporated before the end of the year. I think if you uninstall Lasso and just let Windows manage things you will find things will overall work better. Up to you mate.
Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my previous Alienware AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd. Asus ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus vg248qe 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos.

Last edited by TomC; 10-13-2019 at 06:12 AM.