View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 11:04 AM

Hope this has been helpful.

Hey guys I have reached the end of what I wanted to accomplish. I think alot of what was taught in these lessons can be allpied to everyones CS making. These are things I've done and know they work. I'm not the master of the Gimp, But I know the lessons taught to you in this thread, will make you a better color schemer.

In closing, I will leave you one last tid-bit of information. This is number 12 in the 12 points of Gimp enlightenment.

Sometimes a CS may be to SHINNY, and takes away from the overall look of your CS. This is an easy fix and can be done quickly.

This is for G3 and G3.5 users only, It may work in G4 or G4.5, but I have not tested this.

There are 3 parts to a CS, the COLORSCHEME, the DDS, and the TGA. Open COLORSCHEME portion of your CS with NOTEPAD. SEE PIC1 Now you will see what the CS is made of, all these numbers determine what the CS will look like. You want to look for REFLECTIVITY, SEE PIC 2 Changing this value to .0 will take all the shinniness out of the CS. If there is any shinniness left when you look at your CS in RF, That is the shinniness on the model itself and cannot be changed. SAVE and exit the NOTEPAD.

VERY IMPORTANT: You must CLOSE Real Flight after you make these changes to your CS in Notepad. If you leave Real Flight Running, it will not show you anything new. Restart Real Flight to see your changes.

Good Luck, and my best to you

P.S. I'M DONE, FEEL FREE TO LEAVE QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR SUGGESTIONS, AT THIS TIME. ALSO, FEEL FREE TO PRINT THIS GUIDE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic1.JPG (124.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg pic2.JPG (60.9 KB, 44 views)

For a complete list of Recordings, CS's, AV's And EA's, I've done, click here
Paint Scheme Makers, click here for my Gimp Users Guide To Color Schemes
Also check out Grokking The Gimp.

Last edited by herc40; 03-30-2009 at 12:47 PM.