Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G5
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to BladeCP02
Forwarded my ports as required by the prompt when trying to connect to multi. Works great, thanks KE.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:53 PM

Actiontec MI424-WR router settings

This router is a bit confusing, I think, but after some "tire kicking" I found the right choices. Follow the steps below -- I've attached three images to assist you in setting things up:

1) From the main screen click "Firewall Settings"

2) Leave default choice of general and click "yes" I want to proceed

3) On the left side of the general settings page, choose "Port Forwarding"

4) On the Port Forwarding page click the "add" button in the lower left of the Port Forwarding box

5) In the Local Host "specify address" box enter the IP address of your machine (if you are unsure how to do this there is a thread elsewhere that explains all)

6) You should now see your rule in the port forwarding box witbh your IP address under "Networked Computer/Device". Click the edit button under the Action column

7) Edit the settings as in the attached image

8) Click apply, etc.. the "completed" image is how your page should look.

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg actiontec_add_port_forward.jpg (86.4 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg actiontec_edit_service_serv.jpg (69.5 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg actiontec_completed.jpg (124.5 KB, 140 views)
Old 12-02-2009, 02:21 PM

Motorola 3347

Got it working with some help here on the forums. Port forwarding is under the "gaming" secion of the main menu. You must create a custom service (by clicking "define custom service") for real flight with the proper ports forwarding and then select the custom service (should now be at the bottom of the drop down menu) and assign it to the appropriate IP address.

Looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 4.png (66.0 KB, 102 views)
File Type: png Picture 5.png (21.2 KB, 52 views)
Old 12-03-2009, 12:12 AM

Apple Airport Extreme on Realflight G4.5

The thing that you can't see is, the airport extreme gets set up through an Airport Utility App.

To find ip address of the computer use these steps
1- Click the Start menu button on the Windows taskbar.
2- Click 'Run...' on this menu.
3- Type 'cmd' in the text box that appears. A command prompt window launches on the desktop.
4- In this command window, type 'ipconfig /all'.

and the default host is the computer of what realflight is on, then configure your port mapping

Just add the ports as shown, and the private ip address of the airport which is the 10.1.1 (router default)

Last edited by alpimax99; 12-03-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:55 PM

Please do not post in this thread questions about router set ups. This thread is for showing successful router set ups. If you have questions about your specific router, start a new thread .

Thanks Chris McVey
Old 12-23-2009, 09:28 PM

Motorola 2210-02-1006

My stock modem from AT&t. Its known by my computer as a Netopia 2210-02-1006
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ports.JPG (56.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 12-25-2009, 11:52 PM

Here's my setup.

Modem: RCA - DCM425

Router: Belkin - F5D8236-4 V2

A special thanks to Jeff for his assistance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cap 1.JPG (105.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Cap 2.JPG (102.1 KB, 46 views)

TN..

Last edited by tnorton12000; 12-26-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM

I'm not sure about G5
but for 4.5....
I to use the
RCA DCM 425 modem (mine was supplied by Time Warner cable)
but...
I DO NOT
use any kind of router like "tnorton12000"
just straight from wall to modem to pc
the only thing I had to do
was to list the requiered ports
as "exceptions" in the win XP firewall
thats it!
MP works fine
Old 12-31-2009, 11:54 AM

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to pass along this info. For the last several days I have been working for hours trying to set up and enable a multi player connection.

I just now figured out what the problem was and why I couldn't connect. This was a little unique so hopefully it may save some other users some time if they happen to be setup the same way as I am.

I am using a Linksys WRT350N router.....pretty straight forward on port forwarding which I did......no luck.....I also am using CA Internet security suite.....not as easy to find things but I did finally find where to setup the ports to allow them to pass through......did it....still no luck........and now the ah ha moment, which unfolded into two separate settings issues.

Before the linksys router and after my roadrunner modem sits my "Vonage" VOIP adapter.....which I had forgotten is also a router. So basicaly the internet "cascades" out of the modem to the Vonage box to the linsys router. Well....guess what? I went into the vonage router settings and forwarded the ports to the linksys router, Vonages' router was blocking the ports as well.

Last, when I opened the ports on my Vonage box, the CA security suite went into protection mode and blocked the Vonage adapter from connecting to my computer through those ports. So it was just a matter of allowing that connetion within the CA security suite. Low and behold......multiplayer works!

This is a new computer and a new installation of the CA security suite which I was sure was the only problem.

What helped me discover and trace my problems, was that I bypassed the linksys router and went straight out of the modem with the internet to the computer.

Things worked perfectly with what should and was a simple setup in the CA firewall to allow it to connect.

Next, I hooked my Vonage adapter back in and tried and tried to get CA to allow a connection with the game with no luck......that is when I realized the vonage "router" was blocking the ports too.....after that "fixing" everything went pretty quickly.

Moral of the story for me I guess is, don't close your mind to "it HAS to be this or that, that is making the connection not work" Try to start with as basic of a setup as you can, get it working and one piece at a time add back and isolate each step of the way.

Hope this was not too long winded and clear enough that it keeps somebody from the headaches I went through!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Back to the purpose of the thread. Linksys WRT54GS V2 Router with DD-WRT Version 13064 installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg port_range.jpg (140.4 KB, 97 views)
Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 PM

I think this thread is worth linking. Some people have a router on a router, and one solution is mentioned.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24745
Old 01-21-2010, 07:36 AM

Thanks to Mike (mcarreiro) for forwarding this.

These screen shots are from a Westell 7500 router/modem. Verizon currently uses this model for DSL service.

They show the major screens encountered in the setup. There are the usual warning screens as you drill into these, but just acknowledge them.

On the final screen, naming of the “Custom Service” is the user’s choice.

Step through the screens, shut down your system, unplug the router for a minute, power up the router, let the router normalize, and boot the PC. That’s it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Westell 7500_1.JPG (97.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Westell 7500_2.JPG (80.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Westell 7500_3.JPG (82.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Westell 7500_4.JPG (82.6 KB, 35 views)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: