Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight G5 & G4 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2010, 02:54 AM

Exclamation Boof's Build thread

I originally posted this thread in the project list page. So now I started this build thread in case anyone may be interested in following along with the design process.

I've decided to model this GR-7 Formula one racer. A designer by the name of Robbie Grove created this in the late 80's. There were only two made #55 "Bummers Bullet",and #96 "Blue Streak". Although not a winner the blue streak was a top qualifier in 1989 clocked at 242 mph. The only design info I can find on this one is that it has a high aspect ratio wing for turning stability. Also there's a pic of # 87 Madness (formerly #96)without it's cowling, and a four cylinder engine is clearly visible. Maybe someone could tell it's make just by looking. Also anyone who might be able to make a guess as to the airfoil would be a big help. Anyways its a racer just like the "little tony" found in G3 expansion pack 3. There are some differences though especially at the tail section. This is a very small full size aircraft and I'm not sure what size I should make the RF model. So i'm open to suggestions on that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1269150.jpg (437.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg GR-7.jpg (393.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg LarsonPhx94.jpg (52.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Boof69; 12-07-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: