5.50.033 is now a full public release. To obtain it, simply run the RealFlight G5 Launcher, click Additional Options, then click Registration/Updates. You will need to complete the online registration if you have not done so in the past. (This may be required even if you have registered previously; if so, just make sure to use the same password you used originally.) Then, click Update to Latest Version, or Update to Specific Version if you prefer, and follow the instructions.
Note that this update is cumulative. As long as you obtain the update via the Launcher, you do not need to update to any earlier versions first. And if you already downloaded this version from the public beta server, you do not need to download it again.
- Airflow calculations are correct for wings with 180 degrees of dihedral
- Electric motors cannot restart if they are mounted on a wing that has broken off
- Battery voltage draw is smoothed out for multi-engine setups
- Ducted fan prop air flow is correct
- Variation in RPM between engines in multi-engine setups is now very minor for electrics
- Aircraft Editor: Fuselage wireframe color pulses at a normal rate when selected, regardless of whether its children are editable
- When spawning an aircraft at an impromptu location (either because the airport contains no appropriate spawn control objects or because they are all too far away from the current pilot location), the aircraft is properly placed atop any objects that exist at that location instead of beneath them precisely at ground level
- Wing loading calculations are correct for wings with dihedral of more than 90 degrees. Note that this value is used for reporting purposes only (in the aircraft selection dialog and aircraft editor), not for actual physics behavior
- Controller calibration reminder message appears more frequently
- Added support for Expansion Pack 8
- Dominion 3D 90 - Flybarless: Gyros drive actual servos which control cyclic, instead of gyros feeding directly into cyclic