Version 6.00.035 is now available as a public beta download. It includes more new content (a Gaui quadcopter), useful improvements to different areas of the sim, and a new feature for custom content creators that will benefit all RealFlight users!
RealFlight 6 now supports custom visual blades for helis! With KEMax
, users can create their own blade shapes and textures to achieve whatever look they desire. This includes custom blur textures as well. We expect to have at least a basic tutorial ready for custom content creators in time for the weekend. Stay tuned.
In the release notes below you will notice that we added a new pilot figure to several of our aircraft. We will be releasing that source art for content creators to use in their own models very soon.
See the full release notes below for more info, and please let us know if you discover any new bugs.
This version is
compatible with 6.00.032 for multiplayer.
Perform the following steps to obtain the update:
- Start the RealFlight 6 Launcher
- Click Additional Options, then Technical Support
- Click Enter Tech Support Code
- Enter the following code: B#y23qe255x5yq (If successful, you will see a message saying "You are now registered to use the Public Beta site until the new version is posted to official download site.")
- Go back to the main Launcher menu and click Registration/Updates
- Make sure that in the bottom left corner it says Temporary Public Beta. If not, try reentering the code
- Click Update to Latest Version; alternatively, click Update to Specific Version, choose 6.00.035 from the list, and click OK.
The LauncherHelper will need to restart partway through this process. Answer "Yes" when it asks if you want to continue downloading the new version. When this process is finished, you will have the latest available version of RealFlight 6.
- Gaui 330X-S Quad Flyer
- Custom visual main blades, tail blades, and paddles for helis
- Fixed a crash when closing the sim while the physics gadget has focus
- Fixed a potential crash in the airflow calculations
- NavGuides: Added a gear icon to the gadget title bar for editing NavGuides settings
- NavGuides: Added a small/large text size option
- NavGuides: Clicking any currently displayed item opens the edit dialog with that item selected
- NavGuides: The mouse cursor changes and an arrow indicator appears when hovering over items that can be clicked
- Aircraft Editor: Added "Swivels Freely" property to landing gear. When set to Yes, it overrides the steering gear (if present) and allows caster behavior
- Aircraft Editor: Governor component's read-only "Current RPM" property displays a more stable value, which improves the display of other read-only properties based on that value
- Multiplayer: Latency build-up between participants over time is reduced
- Added an updated Jet Fighter Pilot figure to a number of RF6 and Expansion Pack aircraft
- Soccer goal and basketball hoop objects make a sound when dynamic objects (including vehicles) pass through them
- Added a warning message when either the clockwise or counterclockwise version of a heli blade or propeller is missing
- Battery voltage drop is calculated and apportioned between multiple motors more correctly. This fixes some odd RPM behavior on reset for certain aircraft
- AH-64 Apache: Added the counterclockwise version of the main blades
- Micro F-86 Sabre EDF: Tweaked a couple of RPM values for samples in the engine sound profile
- Sikorsky Skycrane (both variants): Main rotor blur texture correctly matches the blade pattern