Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 6 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-25-2015, 02:17 PM

Upon further investigation there is a dummy object included with the V-Pitch propeller. The name KE used for the V-Pitch dummy object is ~CS_PivotBlade It looks like RF creates a second blade and names it the same as you name it with "_1" added to the end. The ~CS_PivotBlade is also copied and given the new suffix. I would assume that you should use a point helper at the root of the blade with the X axis pointing down the blade. The PivotBlade should be a child of the Blade. The attached picture shows the source for my information. No guarantees that this will make the animation work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5-25-2015 1-31-59 PM.jpg (278.0 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Boof69; 05-25-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:01 PM

I have determined that the ~CS_BLADE is the "dummy" blade that real flight looks for to replicate and the ~CS_BladePivot should be the child of ~CS_BLADE and should the visible propeller blade and will pivot along the x-axis for the CW blades and the negative x-axis for the CCW blade aka rotate the pivot around y 180 degrees
Old 05-25-2015, 05:49 PM

The ~CS_BLADE is the visible geometry as shown in this threads original post. The ~CS_PivotBlade is the "Dummy" object.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof69 View Post
The ~CS_BLADE is the visible geometry as shown in this threads original post. The ~CS_PivotBlade is the "Dummy" object.
Yes I under stand that. But the only part of the Hierarchy that rotates with the variable pitch is ~CS_BladePivot. ~CS_BLADE is stationary and cannot rotate. The ~CS_BLADE object tells real flight that it and all of its children are part of the propeller blade and should be duplicated, ~CS_COLL ~CS_GLOW... Or in the way that I found that works for V-Pitch props is to name some object cube etc. ~CS_BLADE. Then name the visual blade ~CS_BladePivot.

I tried HUB->"visual blade" (~CS_BLADE)->"dummy object" (~CS_BladePivot). Both the ~CS_BLADE and ~CS_BladePivot were duplicated and rotated around the y-axis. However, ~CS_BLADE does not rotate with the variable pitch and the ~CS_BladePivot pivot rotated with the v-pitch

I also tried HUB->"dummy object" (~CS_BLADE)->"visual blade" (~CS_BladePivot). And it worked/looked as a variable pitch propeller should.

I am not saying I am perfectly right. I am just reporting what worked for me.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:20 PM

Well I'm glad you figured it out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: