Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 6
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:31 PM

Need RealFlight 6 Disk

So my dad had purchased RF6 some time ago and was using it just fine on his laptop.

He hasn't used the laptop for some time due to some medical problems and when he tried to start up the program today, it gave an error.

I tried to re-install the program but it kept hanging on copying one of the files from the cd to the hard disk. I changed the drive but same issue. Same with using another pc.

I tried to see if I could download the software from somewhere but no dice. I have registration numbers and receipts from Tower Hobbies.

Please advice.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:07 PM

Contact technical support, they are very good with this sort of issue and will probably replace your disc at either little or no cost to you.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22007
Old 10-16-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckassianides View Post
So my dad had purchased RF6 some time ago and was using it just fine on his laptop.

He hasn't used the laptop for some time due to some medical problems and when he tried to start up the program today, it gave an error.

I tried to re-install the program but it kept hanging on copying one of the files from the cd to the hard disk. I changed the drive but same issue. Same with using another pc.

I tried to see if I could download the software from somewhere but no dice. I have registration numbers and receipts from Tower Hobbies.

Please advice.

Thanks.
You might try copying the contents of the CD to a folder on the hard drive and then run setup from there, that has worked for some complaining of that type of problem.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: