Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight Basic
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 12-26-2011, 02:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Leyline Send a message via AIM to Leyline Send a message via MSN to Leyline Send a message via Yahoo to Leyline
Well just so you all know,
I got my RF6 in time for Christmas yay!

And, on my Old as the hills, athlon 3000+ (single core, in fact the bios thinks it is a sempron 2200 (yes only 2.21 ghz)
with 2gb of ram, and an Nvidia 7800 GS

I can run RF 6 just as good as I could 3.5, all features turned up fully... (water is new-ish I have not gone out to see the water yet in full settings)

I tried an 8 person multiplayer and it was quite laggy I think I am definitely CPU limited, but I joined a 4 man warbirds combat and it was smooth as butter....

Last edited by Leyline; 12-26-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:52 AM

Turns out he went ahead and bought one of his own choosing before I had a chance to recommend anything to him. Had an Intel IGP in it but oh well - I had warned him about those beforehand, so it's his informed decision.

At least if anyone else is wondering they'll have a few points of reference now. Thanks for the advice guys!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyline
Well just so you all know,
I got my RF6 in time for Christmas yay!

And, on my Old as the hills, athlon 3000+ (single core, in fact the bios thinks it is a sempron 2200 (yes only 2.21 ghz)
Yes the BIOS is correct in terms of clock speed.

AMD uses/used their own crazy "equivalence" factor... so they were trying to imply that the Atlon 3000+ is as fast or faster than an Intel chip running at 3.0gHz.

At the time, they rationalized this because they WERE throwing in extra L2 and L1 cache to speed up memory fetches.

In actual practice the performance is/was not as good as they made it out to be.

Intel reciprocated by installing more L1 & L2 cache plus the Turbo mode on their multi-core processors.

And so the CPU wars continue... and many get caught in the fray, not understanding the terminology and technology.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:27 PM

AMD Integrated GPU's perform as well or BETTER than separate CPU/video card setup. The APU/GPU eliminates the slow system bus, and integrates a higher level GPU. Google the benchmarks and you will see...

www.passmark.com has all CPU/Video and Integrated style benchmarks...
Old 11-13-2015, 11:54 PM

I'll match my Nvidia's against any Integrated AMD (or Intel) GPU anyday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: