Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight G5
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 01-14-2016, 07:42 AM

thanks for the info....I'll ask about that stuff when i talk to the store
Old 12-17-2017, 12:01 PM

okay itís been a while, things came up and wasnít able to get a new pc till now, what i forgot to ask is after i save the serial numbers and that folder in my documents(probably to an external hard drive)..iím guessin i should do an uninstall on the old pc before trashing it? cause setting up on a new one will think iím trying to use it on 2 pcs which you canít do right? iím switching some things over today but will hold out till i know what i should do, thanks
Old 12-17-2017, 12:22 PM

If you need to get updates it may need to be de-registered from the old PC (RF7 and earlier). I do not believe this is a problem with RF-8 as you set up a password when you register for updates.

Just give them a call and they will take care of things so you can install it on a new pc and get the .5 update if needed. If your disc is 5.5 instead of 5 it's probably not an issue.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:34 PM

never never never, NEVER

Leave the hard drive in a computer you are not keeping. Any one can download software, to recover even deleted data from it! Also, you can buy an external hard drive adapter, to connect just the hard drive to any computer, even if it is locked, it can be opened in safe mode, too recover something wanted from it.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:01 AM

okay im on my new pc i saved the serial numbers and the real flight folder that was in my documents on the old pc, its on an external hard drive, i uninstalled it on the old pc, just installed from the rf 5 disk cause i think someone said its a stand alone and i dont need to load the old 3 first then 5, anyway it reregistered, i thought everything was going good, updated online registration and it said i was good to go, but when launching i get an error code cannot find import, dll may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version file d3dx9_36.dll error 126...im guessing since it has a dx it may be related to direct x, the set up told me it was going to ask to install direct x9, and if i knew i had 9 i could cancel that popup, i checked and i have version 12, i assumed 12 is better than 9 so thought it would work, so i did not do the direct x thing from the realflight set up...now what? it woulndt make sense to go back to 9 if 12 is a newer version right ?, i like this new pc so far and dont want to possibly mess something up
Old 12-18-2017, 12:04 AM

gonna see if it updates to 5.5 if that will do anything
Old 12-18-2017, 03:49 AM

You Should Install the Version of DirectX, that came with the RealFlight Progrm.
This should Add the Files, to your Newer DirectX Version.
Files Specific to that (older) RF program, that Newer DirectX Versions may have omitted.
Check your PM
Old 12-18-2017, 09:18 AM

yeh actually found tons of stuff online pretty quick about this being common with windows 10, it comes with dx12, and doesn’t work with many “older” games people like, saw some patches that are supposed to fix it, some say they work, some say they aren’t compatible, others say causes crashes, 12 is supposed to be backward compatable but programs like this rf need those specific files like you said...not sure i want to take a chance , some of the fixes i saw are just dx9 insalations and doesn’t support windows 10...idk, ill keep reading up and decide what i want to do, sucks, bought a new pc cause some stuff wasn’t working with my old xp and rf was bad as far as performance with my old cpu, now the stuff that didn’t work works and stuff like this that worked doesn’t work
Old 12-18-2017, 11:34 AM

Try running RF in full screen mode instead of windowed. I have some older games that won't work if I run them windowed in Win10. For example : Postal 2
Old 12-20-2017, 08:53 AM

not really sure what ya mean or how to do it, it doesnít open at all or ask me how to run it...this weekend iíll have some time to play around with things...right now my gut is telling me not to mess with the dx12 like some of the fixes online suggest, i havenít had a new pc for myself in a decade or so ...i donít want to take a chance of messin it up by installing something older or not compatible like dx9....ill read up more this weekend
Old 12-20-2017, 09:22 AM

Buy a copy of RF-8 it's designed to work with Windows 10 and has the necessary DX9 files it needs integrated with it's install process so you don't have to worry about doing something wrong, and RF-8 is a very nice upgrade for you. It's okay to have DX9 installed with DX12 if it's done properly so don't worry about that part.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Buy a copy of RF-8 it's designed to work with Windows 10 and has the necessary DX9 files it needs integrated with it's install process so you don't have to worry about doing something wrong, and RF-8 is a very nice upgrade for you. It's okay to have DX9 installed with DX12 if it's done properly so don't worry about that part.
i was thinking of looking at rf8, let me ask this, does it integrate or replace dx12? meaning after its installed and running, when i look up on my computer will it say i have dx12 or will it say dx9? not sure how much difference there actually is, reading stuff online some say 9 is good, just some visual lighting effects were better in the newer version, not sure its something i would even notice since rf8 is about the only "game" i see using anyway, im not into all that other gamming stuff out there but i am curious if it will replace 12
Old 12-25-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondave5 View Post
i was thinking of looking at rf8, let me ask this, does it integrate or replace dx12? meaning after its installed and running, when i look up on my computer will it say i have dx12 or will it say dx9? not sure how much difference there actually is, reading stuff online some say 9 is good, just some visual lighting effects were better in the newer version, not sure its something i would even notice since rf8 is about the only "game" i see using anyway, im not into all that other gamming stuff out there but i am curious if it will replace 12
RF8 still uses DX9 and has some special files not normally found in other DX9 install software. The required version of DX9 and the special files needed are automatically installed when you install RF8.

Your computer system will still have DX12 installed and the DXDiag tool will show you the same, but the required DX9 files are also there too.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (26.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-27-2017, 02:22 PM

interesting....is that different than if i continued the installation with the rf5 i had?...i guess 8 would be better in some other ways in general tho ...after looking on tower i have the interlink plus controller which i read will work with 8, other than the rewind button is there an advantage to buying with a new controller ?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: