Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Discontinued Products > RealFlight 6
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:46 PM

Thanks folks for the honest guidance.

Am discovering what Boot Camp is and have downloaded the instructions to install it. (12 pages) Will take a bit of research and time on my part to get the correct boot camp installed and running. (Lots of versions that depend upon the exact iMac being used.) I can see that this will be an involved process.

Will go to Mac forum to get Boot Camp and Windoz loaded.

Will return upon completing Boot Camp and Windoz installation.

Thanks,
Old 07-15-2013, 05:19 PM

Once you get the correct version of Bootcamp it is a pretty painless process, but here are some things to be careful of.

Make sure you know which version of Windows you can install on your Mini, 32 or 64 bit. The Bootcamp assistant will only download the drivers for the version that is supported.

Make sure you set a large enough partition for your Windows install. Like you I only wanted to install Windows for RealFlight so I made the partition small, 20GB or something. After the Windows installation I didn't have enough room for RF and had to redo the process.

The Bootcamp Assistant will prompt you to install the drivers on a flash drive. Make sure you do this. Once Windows boots there is a Setup program on the drive that will install the needed drivers for the Mac Mini video card, network etc.

Once you have Bootcamp up and running, to boot to Windows hold down the Option key while turning the Mac on. All of the available bootable drives will appear, one being Bootcamp. Use the arrow keys to go to it and press enter. Note: I had no problem doing this with the Elite controller plugged in all the time for quite a while. All of the sudden my Mac wouldn't go to that screen anymore, it just went straight to OS X. Now I need to unplug the controller to boot to Windows, then plug it back in. not sure why. To boot normally to OS X just do a restart in Windows and don't do anything to the keyboard.

Good luck.

Last edited by Imageek2; 07-15-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: More info.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:47 AM

Hawkeye68
Well its been almost a year ever get it going ?
you went MIA ?
Old 06-24-2016, 11:56 AM

RF 7.5 Works Fine on El Capitan and Parallels 11

For general info, I'm running RF 7.5 on a Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) Bootcamp partition using Parallels 11. It seems to work without issue. Installation is smooth as long as you remember to operate TOTALLY within the Windows environment. I originally opened the installation disk from within the Finder by double-clicking the Setup application and got "File not installed" errors. Go to the Windows Desktop first and you'll have no problems. Now, if I can just figure out how to use the Aircraft Editor....
Old 06-24-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-10 View Post
For general info, I'm running RF 7.5 on a Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) Bootcamp partition using Parallels 11. It seems to work without issue. Installation is smooth as long as you remember to operate TOTALLY within the Windows environment. I originally opened the installation disk from within the Finder by double-clicking the Setup application and got "File not installed" errors. Go to the Windows Desktop first and you'll have no problems. Now, if I can just figure out how to use the Aircraft Editor....
You probably should post this in the RealFlight 7 forum on one of the relevant threads there. It's good information for all versions but if someone is looking in that forum, they might not see this post since new people will most likely be 7.5 users. This is a RealFlight 6 forum.

Feel free to post any questions about the editor in a new thread in the RealFlight 7 forum too as the editor in RealFlight 7.5 is different than the editor in RealFlight 6.5. Personally I have about 7 years of experience with the editor in its various releases. Other people who have been here a while also can help.

Last edited by csgill75; 06-25-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: