1.00.037 is now available as a free public release for RF-X users! Obtain it via the RF-X Launcher's "Registration/Updates" option.
This new version improves performance on lower-spec computers and some higher-end machines. It also adds new vehicles and features as well as including numerous other fixes and improvements. See the full release notes below for more info.
The LauncherHelper will need to restart partway through the update process. Answer "Yes" when it asks if you want to continue downloading the new version. When this process is finished, you will have the latest available version of RF-X.
- Flite Test Tiny Trainer - The Sport variant, with an electric motor system and 4-channel control
- KDE 700 - A high-performance 700-class heli
- Green Grass Flatlands - A new airport designed to offer improved performance
- Saturation slider in Video Settings - The Sierra Nevada terrain in RF-X can appear too desaturated on some monitors. Use this slider if you want to punch up the color a bit.
- Binocular and HUD support for Flight Logs
- Resolution video setting includes available monitor refresh rates
- Numerous performance optimizations
- Resolution options always reflect 32-bit color depth
- Countdown timer for video resolution changes behaves as expected
- Application window is sized correctly on displays with high DPI settings
- Vehicle placement behavior on reset is improved
- Only flight logs for existing vehicles are displayed
- Smoke remains enabled after switching between Sierra Nevada airports and Green Grass Flatlands
- Pilot spawn names are more descriptive
- Sim returns to the main menu if a vehicle fails to load
- Orbit & pivot camera modes are more responsive to mouse inputs
- Alphabetical sort option in selection dialogs is case insensitive
- Eliminated various memory leaks
- Miscellaneous other bugs
- Launcher: .DCKs are properly removed during uninstall