Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 6 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average. Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 PM

I bet it wasn't put together with CA.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:25 PM

We are thinking that the wing as tested weighed around a pound or so... 100lbs supported by 1 lb of balsa... that is amazing. Not sure what glue was used except for the wing joiner...epoxy.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 AM

I have another question about the airfoil library in RF G6.5. I am getting close to finishing up on a FMS FW 190 A (larger variant of the Flyzone 190 A). The FMS main wing uses what looks like a symmetrical NACA 0012 -0015 at the root (no problems there) Now at the tip airfoil it closely resembles a "NACA 43012A" which I cant find in the RF airfoil library. My question is: Is there a way to add new airfoils to Real Flight airfoil Library? If so what is the procedure? I have some more questions but they are not about airfoils. Thanks in advance.
Fred
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 AM

You cannot add airfoils to the RF library. You'll have to find an existing one that's close. (Don't confuse full size aircraft airfoils with their model size counterparts. Frequently they are different. That's a topic for another day.)
Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM

What Jeff said...

I asked one of the KE programmers about the possibility a year or so ago. What I was told was that the processing required to do the calculations would be excessive and not run on any but the most advanced systems. At present an extensive but still limited airfoil database allows for precalculated look-up tables which greatly speeds up the process and reduces CPU load.

So far I have not had much problem finding a close airfoil in the selection RF has, use the airfoil database spreadsheet to help find a fit.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:16 PM

According to this tutorial, a modified flat-bottom airfoil is what I need for my future aircraft. I've bee searching for ages, and couldn't find a picture of it. Could anyone show me what it looks like?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: