Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Designer's Corner > RealFlight 6 - Designer's Corner
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:28 PM

Modeling aircraft general help for relative noob (=

I am just taking a wild shot in the dark here, but is anyone willing to help a fellow aviation enthusiast to learn how to model some using 3dsMax? I am a quick learner and have the basics down in 3ds so I don't think would take very long. I am proposing the possibility of someone working with me to create a simple model and in exchange i will buy you a cup of coffee or a beer or something? Maybe work collaboratively over hangouts? I use inventor regularly and all of the adobe suite so as I said I think I can learn somewhat fast but I have just had trouble finding any good learning sources for max since I haven't been able to afford Lynda anymore. Thank you for your consideration.

FT Mini Arrow build?
Old 08-06-2017, 08:55 PM

There was a modeler from RF (Boof) that created about 6-7 tutorials for creating planes for RF in Max., they`re posted in/on youtube probably THE BEST help you`re going to get. Look up/search for "box flyer" in youtube, hopefully you`ll get the videos, or maybe someone here already has the link, and can post them. Or try a search in RF, they`re there somewhere.

Last edited by uncle twist; 08-06-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1CAR1US View Post
I am just taking a wild shot in the dark here, but is anyone willing to help a fellow aviation enthusiast to learn how to model some using 3dsMax? I am a quick learner and have the basics down in 3ds so I don't think would take very long. I am proposing the possibility of someone working with me to create a simple model and in exchange i will buy you a cup of coffee or a beer or something? Maybe work collaboratively over hangouts? I use inventor regularly and all of the adobe suite so as I said I think I can learn somewhat fast but I have just had trouble finding any good learning sources for max since I haven't been able to afford Lynda anymore. Thank you for your consideration.

FT Mini Arrow build?
Hello.. it's good to see someone interested in modeling. When I started I watched a tutorial on how to get a simple plane going called realflightboxtrainer on YouTube by Scott Nichols AKA Boof69 on the forum and I'll put a link to it below. Question. Do you have 3ds Max 2012 32 bit edition installed? That's the only version supported by the KnifeEdge KEX Exporter (for RF6.5 and RF 7.5). I heard they didn't have that version available on their website now. Anyway that's what it takes to get going. I watched the video with 3ds Max running and went back and fourth as much as necessary to get my plane built along with the video. Here's a link to his tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLQcCTI2v8A
Old 08-07-2017, 11:49 AM

Technoid is just about the only designer modeling aircraft here on a regular basis. Sorry don't mean to rub any of the others the wrong way.

You need 3D Max Studio 2012(no longer available on-line), you need to buy some 3D Max learning books, you need to create the box plane suggested, and don't expect a lot of help, you will have to figure out how to do it on your own with few questions answered here and there.

You can find the answers with google faster than you can get someone to respond here.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoid View Post
Hello.. it's good to see someone interested in modeling. When I started I watched a tutorial on how to get a simple plane going called realflightboxtrainer on YouTube by Scott Nichols AKA Boof69 on the forum and I'll put a link to it below. Question. Do you have 3ds Max 2012 32 bit edition installed? That's the only version supported by the KnifeEdge KEX Exporter (for RF6.5 and RF 7.5). I heard they didn't have that version available on their website now. Anyway that's what it takes to get going. I watched the video with 3ds Max running and went back and fourth as much as necessary to get my plane built along with the video. Here's a link to his tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLQcCTI2v8A
Thanks for posting that link Technoid, Well I was close on the name , I was hoping someone else would chime in on that link.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:21 PM

You will find additional tutorial videos, if you go to YouTube, and enter RealFlight 3ds Max, or scott nichols RealFlight 3ds Max
Old 08-07-2017, 06:04 PM

How are you going to get him around the 2012 issue. Tor / Dark Web?
Old 08-07-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
He could develop for RF-X with a newer max. But that is an option
Old 08-07-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Who is the YOU your referring to.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:30 PM

That YOU would be an any YOU. That would be anyone trying to help the guy... If he cannot pass that hurdle... there is no proceeding.

Mr. & Mrs. Me an You
1234 UMEI Street
YoullLov, YouTah USA 98765

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 08-07-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:54 PM

Yoo spelldid Utah rong 12-0
Old 08-09-2017, 09:30 AM

Neva pected spelln poleece heer.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Neva pected spelln poleece heer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: