Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 08-07-2017, 02:40 PM

Pitch channel

I`m new to this forum and RFx. I`ve used simulators before and have been flying rc helis for ten years. Try as I might I cannot find a way of giving any of the helis negative pitch. In fact the pitch channel doesn`t seem to exist.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Old 08-07-2017, 09:05 PM

You have to make aircraft setting changes in the "Real Flight Vehicle Editor".

You down load the editor program from the top of this forum section. The collective is controlled by the 3-position switch and position of the throttle stick.

Also discussed in the FAQs.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 08-07-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:08 PM

I struggled with this for some time too with my DX6 radio as my controller. Later I found out that the throttle channel in RFX was the pitch channel. There was really no throttle stick. The heli models I used so far seemed to be all fixed head speed. If you look at the model under the vehicle editor you will see which channel/switch toggles among different head speeds.

If you are using your own controller like me, sometimes the head does not spin at all. I have to use one of the keys (y, u, i, o) to toggle the throttle on. The throttle stick, which controls the pitch, must be off the minimum position before the head will spin up.

vl
Old 08-08-2017, 04:10 PM

This is a ridiculous situation. All the other sims I`ve used have a separate pitch channel .Negative pitch is easily programmed using the tx pitch curve. It seems as though RFx thinks all the helis are fixed pitch ie more throttle equals more height.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:26 PM

When you used the throttle stick, you are changing the pitch. Keep in mind that the head speed is fixed regardless of your throttle position. With RFX you are flying CP whether you like to or not. You can change the throttle curve on your controller. That will change your pitch curve. Try 50, 50, 50, 75, 100, for example. You will now not have any negative pitch.

The advantage of this strange configuration is that you can fly RFX with just about any controller, including a 4 channel one and still enjoy CP.

vl
Old 08-09-2017, 09:25 AM

I would suggest viewing the RF7 radio setup instructions. The real flight software is best used with a single servo collective setting in the radio
Old 08-09-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlee View Post
When you used the throttle stick, you are changing the pitch. Keep in mind that the head speed is fixed regardless of your throttle position. With RFX you are flying CP whether you like to or not. You can change the throttle curve on your controller. That will change your pitch curve. Try 50, 50, 50, 75, 100, for example. You will now not have any negative pitch.

The advantage of this strange configuration is that you can fly RFX with just about any controller, including a 4 channel one and still enjoy CP.

vl
I understand what your saying.I want to hone my 3d skills. For this I need full negative AND full throttle at the same time. So if set my THROTTLE to 0 25 50 75 100 that would give me say +/- 12 degrees but at the same time at bottom stick would give me no throttle at all. That can`t be right.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0120raptor View Post
I understand what your saying.I want to hone my 3d skills. For this I need full negative AND full throttle at the same time. So if set my THROTTLE to 0 25 50 75 100 that would give me say +/- 12 degrees but at the same time at bottom stick would give me no throttle at all. That can`t be right.
Adjust channel 8, 3 position switch, till the engine revs up and does not change much with throttle stick movement other than load on the rotor.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0120raptor View Post
With my DX6 as controller, so long as the throttle stick is off zero, the head spins up to full speed. Above zero the throttle stick does not control the throttle. It only controls the pitch. It is like flying with a governor.

Use the vehicle edit to look at the channel configuration of your heli. You will most likely see which channel gives you a toggle of the governor settings. The heli I fly has three governor speeds and I assigned them to a three position switch on my DX6. If you are using a different controller your exact steps may be different. I short the RFX helis I have been flying do not need throttle control to fly. It is all done by pitch and cyclic.

vl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: