Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:38 PM

Expansion Packs discontinued?

Now that all the Expansion Packs are obviously discontinued and nearly impossible to buy (at least outside the US where some copies are still in stock here and there) I wonder what choices there are to obtain them legally.
I.e. are there any plans to make at least the oldest ones (EP1-EP4) available for free or to sell them online (as download)?
Old 08-09-2017, 03:08 PM

It would be best to send a question like this to technical support. We are all users and cannot do anything but speculate as to what future Great Planes marketing plans are. I would suggest trying Amazon and eBay.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:04 PM

I hoped for staff looking into the forum, not for people who don't know anything stating the obvious.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:27 PM

Thanks guy...
This is a user to user forum.... ok staff does come by once is a great while. So if I am stating the obvious. Then why did you pose an obvious question with an obvious answer when you obviously could have taken it to the right obvious place in the beginning?

You had what 14 years or more to buy those expansion packs??? They no longer work with the new versions, they were discontinued and now you are upset??? Please take the next complaint number 98,623. We are currently serving #7
Old 08-09-2017, 05:47 PM

I already know they are discontinued and I have no idea why you would think I'm upset about it ... or why you answered in the first place when you had nothing sensible to say.
I just politely asked if anybody knows if there is anything planned to make them available. You are obviously not aware of this, but there are actually places like Steam and GOG where discontinued software is officially and legally sold.
Maybe you should learn to resist the urge to post if you can't say anything helpful.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:07 PM

This message is hidden because 12oclockhigh is on your ignore list.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:09 AM

I gave you a polite answer. I wonder what is wrong with you and why you are provoking a fight. Everyone knows all about steam.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:21 PM

@BrokeDad
My bad, I wasn't here for a long time and wasn't aware that my ignore list wasn't up to date.

Anyway, I still hope that someone from the staff reads my original posting and considers suggesting a user friendly solution to the responsible people. I still don't get why KnifeEdge/Great Planes/Hobbico refused for so many years to sell RF products as online downloads.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:42 PM

The first five general expansions are available (or were) for free online. I think it was through the Greatplanes or Tower Hobbies site. I'm having trouble finding them now. Anyone got that link still ?

Last edited by BrokeDad; 08-10-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:51 PM

You have to log in for ignore to work... no matter it works on you now.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
The first five general expansions are available (or were) for free online. I think it was through the Greatplanes or Tower Hobbies site. I'm having trouble finding them now. Anyone got that link still ?
These were the addons for G2/G3 which were released for free for G4 (and above), not expansion packs:
http://www.realflight.com/de/downloads/add-ons.html

Unfortunately, the expansion packs are not available for free (yet?)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: