Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 7
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-04-2015, 01:32 PM

I too have tweaked radio settings and RF 7.5 settings before I read the various threads here and elsewhere. Stubborn me. I went back to Ail-1, Ele-2, Thr-3, and Rud-4 without setting anything in the radio for 5, 6, 7, or 8. The flaps on the Mistral work correctly off the Thr and RF 7.5 confirms as channels 6 and 7 without any transmission to those channels by the radio. The radio confirms no signal in the channel monitor screen to 6 and 7.

Conclusion: With the firmware setup by Companion to include joystick, RF 7.5 reads the joysticks and not the channel output. Further confirmation comes from the Bird of Time. With the radio on Mode 2 (Rudder left stick, Elevator right stick), RF 7.5 will not see the rudder from the left stick. The BoT rudder will only work properly when you set Ail-1 and Ele-2, and then the rudder is controlled by the right stick.

Has anybody tried a firmware build with NOJOYSTICK through Companion?
Old 07-11-2015, 07:27 PM

So I did try Open Tx 2.0.17 (current version) firmware with NOJOYSTICKS checked in the rdio profile of Companion. RF 7.5 recognizes the X9D. I was able to use model profiles w/ software mixing turned off in RF 7.5 that I could not get to work properly before.

It seems that with joysticks enabled RF 7.5 sees the stick positions and uses that for priority. No matter whether you reassign channels in the Radio profile and/or the model. Before I could not get Companion simulator to agree with RF 7.5. In my first test, they do now.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:59 PM

Taranis 9XD NOJOYSTICKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterrc View Post
So I did try Open Tx 2.0.17 (current version) firmware with NOJOYSTICKS checked in the rdio profile of Companion. RF 7.5 recognizes the X9D. I was able to use model profiles w/ software mixing turned off in RF 7.5 that I could not get to work properly before.

It seems that with joysticks enabled RF 7.5 sees the stick positions and uses that for priority. No matter whether you reassign channels in the Radio profile and/or the model. Before I could not get Companion simulator to agree with RF 7.5. In my first test, they do now.
This Worked for me.
I have the Taranis 9XD and Open Tx 2.0.17 (current version) firmware with NOJOYSTICKS checked in the radio profile of Companion.
Worked right out of the box so to say.
I have the wireless interface and Realfligt 7.50.15.

So thanx for the instructions rafterc
Old 03-21-2016, 11:58 AM

This is my first RC experience I just order a TARANIS 9XD. what is the best simulator ?
Old 03-21-2016, 12:10 PM

The best version of RealFlight in the version that comes with the interlink. That way you can use your transmitter via cable or just use the interlink which is a lot easier.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchalline View Post
My Taranis setup with OpenTX ver. 2940 of 2/2/14, Companion 9X ver. 1.52, RF7, Win 8.0
Interesting! Which interface are you using to RF?

I'd have to use the multimode connector on my Interlink Plus...but probably don't have the energy to make a custom cable with the correct pin outs, as I did with my old Micropro/Microstar TX's.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:19 PM

This is my first time with the RC Simulator. Will the help me learn a 3 channel super cub. I am new
Old 03-21-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOJO View Post
This is my first time with the RC Simulator. Will the help me learn a 3 channel super cub. I am new
Does your question have anything to do with a Taranis radio?? Post your question in the RealFlight 7 forum as a new thread and don't hijack this one.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
Interesting! Which interface are you using to RF?

I'd have to use the multimode connector on my Interlink Plus...but probably don't have the energy to make a custom cable with the correct pin outs, as I did with my old Micropro/Microstar TX's.
OK, that was a long time ago I did that - I looked closer, it looks like to fire up the Taranis, I'd just need a 3.5mm mono patch cord. Bummer there are no more Radio Shacks around any more...
(My Interlink was made back when many radios were still using 6-pin DIN connectors, so a mono patch cord wasn't included.)
Old 10-05-2017, 05:50 PM

I have been given this message: (I do not own this radio brand, so I cannot confirm the information)

Turnigy 9x radio I know it works 4 for the Original Firmware.Have since changed Firmware to OpenTx so that it functions as 12Ch Interlink Buddy to my Taranis!..
Contrary to a previous post by yourself "It is just not possible, as the software currently exist, to have two controllers active in the same window on the same aircraft at the same time."(maybe not with RF Drone & it's lack of editor)
But with an Unneutured version of RealFlight It is entirely possible to buddy Two 12 Channel Tx's (with a Headtracker) active in the same window on the same aircraft at the same time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: