Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:47 PM

Taking the middle ground...

Guys,

I still want to support K.E.

I've pre-ordered RF 8 software the other day from Tower Hobbies. We will see what it really buy's us.

I am running a Asus MB, intel i7 6700 K processor 64 GB DDR4 with a pair of SLI'ed 970's driving a Sharp 1080P display.

The system is about a year and a half old. RF 7.5 runs great and the HD fields looks fabulous. (would love more HD fields K.E.) RF X, at least for me, not so much.

I am unwilling at this point to commit additional funds for a 1080 ti upgrade for RF X until I start hearing some really good things about the promised up and coming update.

Last edited by KQ6UU; 10-15-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:29 AM

Nothing wrong with an RF 8 update as long as we see a nice RF X update also at the same time. I look forward to both.
AND... I have a feeling Knife Edge will have more accurate system requirement specs, here on in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQ6UU View Post
Guys,

I still want to support K.E.

I've pre-ordered RF 8 software the other day from Tower Hobbies. We will see what it really buy's us.

I am running a Asus MB, intel i7 6700 K processor 64 GB DDR4 with a pair of SLI'ed 970's driving a Sharp 1080P display.

The system is about a year and a half old. RF 7.5 runs great and the HD fields looks fabulous. (would love more HD fields K.E.) RF X, at least for me, not so much.

I am unwilling at this point to commit additional funds for a 1080 ti upgrade for RF X until I start hearing some really good things about the promised up and coming update.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:43 AM

I just want to point out.. KE has already said the RF-X update is not going to be available until after the RF-8 update ships. A date was not given.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with an RF 8 update as long as we see a nice RF X update also at the same time.

Last edited by 12oclockhigh; 10-16-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:58 PM

UpGrade

Not to be a Jerk But.
To be Technically Correct, The New RealFlight 8, is a UpGrade.
With probable UpDates to follow. There is a difference.
Sorry, But, Improper Semantics, left unchecked, can lead to bad habits. eg Drone.

Last edited by adrenoline 60; 10-16-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:02 PM

You are right... the difference being an update is usually free, and where an upgrade will have to be purchased. I used previous poster's terminology. I just don't want to see words flying around when one new version drops and the other does not.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
You are right... the difference being an update is usually free, and where an upgrade will have to be purchased. I used previous poster's terminology. I just don't want to see words flying around when one new version drops and the other does not.
You cannot take my griping away from me in cyberspace, my wife does it at home and I reserve the right to grip in cyberspace free of the binds that hold me. So get ready I've already started penning my frustrations and will not delete them, unless my wife tells me too. So there (Don't make me put you on the rock)
Old 10-16-2017, 03:18 PM

Dude, I have a permanent rock indent molded into my left buttock. I actually like it now.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Bill Stuntz
For me, it's the doghouse... or sleeping on the couch. I usually choose the couch in the winter.
P.S. I just showed this post to my wife - she laughed.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
I just want to point out.. KE has already said the RF-X update is not going to be available until after the RF-8 update ships. A date was not given.
You gotta love it!! RF 7.75 has already gotten a update before any units have even shipped. That means RFX should get one in the next 6 months maybe?? LOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: