Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight Drone
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:03 PM

Crazy Control

I'm totally new to drones. Bought the sim to do virtual crashes first. I've calibrated my controller. However, it seems that flying a drone is just too crazy in the quadcopter challenge. The drone wont hold altitude.. drops if I don't hold the left stick up. When I get it stabilized, and move forward, the drone gains altitude, so I end up having to lower the left stick .. and usually it drops too fast. Also, when flying, the drone seems to change yaw so easily that I'm never sure which way its headed, so left/right change all the time. I know I'm supposed to use tiny adjustments to fly, but the controls seem hyper-sensitive. Is something messed up, or do drones just work this way?
Old 09-28-2017, 09:57 PM

Angry Terrible Challenge

I hate the instability. Also, supposedly channel 5 down reduces the instability but it doesn't. It just so stupid. Please RealFlight hear us and give us a chance to learn.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:45 PM

Angry Re: Crazy Control

Let me add my vote to this as well. To complete the challenges I have to bounce the quad along the runway as flying it is uncontrollable in the challenges. Not a very realistic process! You'd think a $125 piece of software would have more control available. My Play Station games, less that $50, can do so much more!
Old 11-10-2017, 06:45 PM

Depending on the model and the flight mode, it will be a handful to fly a quad. Realflight does a very good job at replicating the physics model.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:54 AM

CSgill, poor answer.
Says nothing.
You're probably not even an actual user.
If so, what is the Top Most airport called?
Old 11-14-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelions View Post
CSgill, poor answer.
Says nothing.
You're probably not even an actual user.
If so, what is the Top Most airport called?
Teelions, do your homework, CSgill has been around about 8 yrs. longer that you, hell, you just joined, SO, where do you get off judging him. Why don`t you try looking at his files, and see what he`s contributed to RF. THAT IS, even if you know how to locate them yet.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:36 PM

I would say that csgil75's answer is accurate and speaks volumes of the subject. Teelions, listen, learn and ask questions. We have been flying for a long time. Sim, Models and General Aviation.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:08 PM

Knife Edge wouldn't put out a model unless it somewhat resembled the real aircraft. Realflight's Physics, are arguably the best in the business. I don't have Realflight Drone, but what I do have is Realflight 3,4,5,6,7,8, all the .5 upgrades expansion packs, add-ons and RF-X. Realflight 8 Gave us the multirotors from the Drone version and the ability to EDIT the models. Realflight's Editor is really what sets it apart, you can tune the aircraft to fly the way you want. Drone edition sadly doesn't have it.

I have Several RC aircraft, including a few quads (6). Some are very easy to fly, and others, not so much. Racers are what I would consider a handful. Somewhat easier than a Helicopter ( I have 5 real ones ranging from 300 size to 600) that isn't flying 3D but much faster in direction changes, and throttle response.

I do have Realflight competitions software such as Aerofly, Phoenix, Liftoff (a racer quad sim),NeXt and AccuRC V2.

I have been here long enough to not need to prove that I am a Realflight "user", I'll just leave it at that. Out of the Forum regulars who are still here, only a couple have been here longer than me.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:12 AM

It's called a "challenge" for a reason.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
It's called a "challenge" for a reason.
Great answer in a nutshell Andy.....Too the first three posters in this thread, Control of ANY RC aircraft is a learning experience, be it a real one or one on / in a sim,, Ask any rc pilot, and they`ll tell you the same. All it takes is practice. Don`t blame the sim., it`s here to teach you, it takes time. For some, it takes longer, others, not so long. Just keep practicing, and you`ll get it dialed in.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle twist View Post
Great answer in a nutshell Andy.....Too the first three posters in this thread, Control of ANY RC aircraft is a learning experience, be it a real one or one on / in a sim,, Ask any rc pilot, and they`ll tell you the same. All it takes is practice. Don`t blame the sim., it`s here to teach you, it takes time. For some, it takes longer, others, not so long. Just keep practicing, and you`ll get it dialed in.
Not to mention they lock the quad in "acro" model for the chalenges. Plus it sounds like the first coulpe posts may have been flying in the wrong transmitter mode for where the springs are.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: