Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Amarynth Amarynth is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Anyone Working Successfully with Windows Mixed Reality Headset?

From reading on the forum I've read that RF8 should work with a Windows Mixed Reality headset, I'm just curious if anyone has actually done it. If so I would love to hear your thoughts!

Currently debating between getting a Rift (which is guaranteed to work) or a Samsung Odyssey, which will have better resolution.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-23-2017, 02:37 PM
brields's Avatar
brields brields is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarynth View Post
From reading on the forum I've read that RF8 should work with a Windows Mixed Reality headset, I'm just curious if anyone has actually done it. If so I would love to hear your thoughts!

Currently debating between getting a Rift (which is guaranteed to work) or a Samsung Odyssey, which will have better resolution.
So far as I know, RF8 only works with Rift and Vive.
__________________
An A-1D shooting at a P-51 is a bad day for the mustang.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-23-2017, 03:06 PM
csgill75's Avatar
csgill75 csgill75 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florence, Alabama
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by brields View Post
So far as I know, RF8 only works with Rift and Vive.
Those are the only "officially supported" headsets. The WMR headsets coming out now, do work with OpenVR which RF8 does support (the Vive uses OpenVR) so Theoretically it should work. I am waiting for Knife Edge or someone with one of those new headsets to test them in Realflight 8. The Samsung Odyssey HMD Setup looks to be the best setup if it works.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-23-2017, 05:03 PM
brields's Avatar
brields brields is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Those are the only "officially supported" headsets. The WMR headsets coming out now, do work with OpenVR which RF8 does support (the Vive uses OpenVR) so Theoretically it should work. I am waiting for Knife Edge or someone with one of those new headsets to test them in Realflight 8. The Samsung Odyssey HMD Setup looks to be the best setup if it works.
What I want to know is if there is a head set compatable with both OpenVR and PS4.
__________________
An A-1D shooting at a P-51 is a bad day for the mustang.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-23-2017, 06:44 PM
csgill75's Avatar
csgill75 csgill75 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florence, Alabama
Posts: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by brields View Post
What I want to know is if there is a head set compatable with both OpenVR and PS4.
Possibly.



https://www.google.com/amp/s/gadgets...akamai-rum=off
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 PM.