Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:32 AM

RF8 really?

Just have to say, realflight x was a total let down. Knife edge won't be getting any more of my money.

Get mad if you want, (to those cronies that will reply with a come back) but I could care less.

Realflight X should never have been released with so much bloated hype. It was over hyped and just didn't deliver.
It should have been multiplayer and it's not. It was a waste of money and waste of a computer upgrade that I really didn't need but I wanted to play the sim so I upgraded.

Shame on you knife edge. My money will stay in my pocket far away from your company while this let down of a flight sim Realflight X sits on the shelf collecting dust!
Old 11-26-2017, 09:52 AM

Well, sorry to lose a fellow simulator pilot. Where will you sim now... or will you abandon the hobby altogether?
In my opinion, RFX may have been a mis-step. But it is an attempt at innovation (at considerable cost & risk) ... when the safe move would have been to simply continue with the same tried & true software which is not only the best... but miles ahead of the second best.

So if you choose to "punish" them for daring to try something new (and possibly failing) I'm sure they will miss you... but it's really just cutting off your own nose to spite your face.

RF8 is here and better than any version before... hope to see you there!
Old 11-26-2017, 10:00 AM

HERE'S A THOUGHT. Folks unhappy with X, send it back, and they get RF8 in exchange. Solved.
To easy, only if the money you gathered in from X, is worth more than you're name!
Old 11-26-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible2g View Post
To easy, only if the money you gathered in from X, is worth more than you're name!
I think you meant...

Too easy, unless the money... is worth more than your name. Had to read it a couple of times.

In any case, those of us who bought X... own X. RFX is a separate product line and updates are on the way.

Is there any realworld example of a company doing as you suggest?
(if I understood you correctly)
Old 11-26-2017, 10:30 AM

I've had dumb thumb crashes flying real RC models that cost much more than I spent on RF-X. While I did get half my money back selling it I don't hold anything against KE for trying to innovate. I'm very glad they listened to all the things we said we wanted and put them in an RF-8 release.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:31 AM

Old 11-26-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgill75 View Post
Loooool... SO perfect!
Old 11-26-2017, 02:20 PM

you guys that hate RF-X had all year to complain and make your feelings known. Some good legit reasoning, some not.

We have another month to wait for an X update.. so let's just let it play out.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockhigh View Post
you guys that hate RF-X had all year to complain and make your feelings known. Some good legit reasoning, some not.

We have another month to wait for an X update.. so let's just let it play out.
But I want it now
Old 11-26-2017, 06:46 PM

Now you get to sit on the rock and wait... I am slinging back Mai-Tai's on the beach.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:00 AM

RFX is a different product and it's great to have a choice between RF8 old school and comfortable or RFX groundbreaking and probably the future. I have both and I deleted RF 7 when RF8 was loaded, wont be going back to RF 7 now.

I fully understand people may not have the gear to run RFX but one day you will and in the meantime there is RF8, solid, comfortable and reliable but lacks the amazing and flexible graphics engine of RFX.

Please stop knocking RFX as if you have the hardware its awesome and has lots of headroom to get even better while RF8 is solid but that photofield flying is getting very old... I am hoping KE will press on and keep growing the program like they did with the RF8 series...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: