Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RF-X
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 11-27-2017, 07:32 PM

All this RF 8 talk got me back to RF X and some racing just for fun. Not sure why i even bother lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RFX Crash.jpg (13.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-27-2017, 08:13 PM

What was going on when the crash occurred? More info on your equipment would be helpful.

An update is expected by end of year.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkyh2o View Post
All this RF 8 talk got me back to RF X and some racing just for fun. Not sure why i even bother lol
I was getting the same RF-X has stopped working error popups, very intermittent, error would appear at splash screen or after 1 - 2 hours of flying.
I updated all system drivers and performed windows system file check (sfc /scannow) which found no faults, unfortunately the problem persisted.
So I contacted Great Planes Support, Alex was very helpful, he gave me a long list of instructions to test and validate my computer system, eventually Alex advised me to uninstalled RF-X and reinstalled the program, then run it without updating for test purposes, version 1.00.028 operated fine, I flew different planes at various airports for an hour, worked good, (no error popups), just slow frame rates and stuttering then I downloaded the RF-X updates and applied them, now version 1.00.042 is working flawlessly again, 100 fps. and only the very occasion stutter.
Looking forward to the next RF-X update, this is a great simulator, with incredible graphics, especially when flying low between the trees and buildings, it is like flying in a moving photofield,
Please, Realflight just continue to improve RF-X and lets have no talk of discontinuing this graphics rich software.
I do not have a super computer, my specs:
Ryzen 5 1500x cpu
NVidia GTX 1080 gpu
Asus B350 plus motherboard.
m.2 Drive
8 GBS DDR 2400 ram (Yes only 8 gbs) I may add another 8 gbs at a later date but for now it works great.

Last edited by asj5547; Today at 11:12 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: