Go Back   Knife Edge > RealFlight - Current Products > RealFlight 8
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Technical Support is available from Great Planes Software Support.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 PM

Taranis Question

Do I need a special Realflight cord to connect my X9D for RF8? I cant find a definitive answer to this.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steener View Post
Do I need a special Realflight cord to connect my X9D for RF8? I cant find a definitive answer to this.
Just tested it with my Taranis (using taranis built in usb joystick mode)
Works great, you just need to assign all channels to switches/sticks in radio then remap them in Realflight to correct channels.
RealflightTaranis0.PNG
RealflightTaranis1.PNG
RealflightTaranis2.PNG
RealflightTaranis3.PNG
Old 12-02-2017, 08:33 PM

Realflight cords

Where can one buy these Realflight cords?
Old 12-02-2017, 09:00 PM

If you purchased the Great Planes RealFlight RF8 w/InterLink-X Controller, the Interface cables should have been included.
The Interface cables allow you to connect your Field Radio (with ppm buddy box connection) to/through your InterLink Controller,
To your computer.
This Link, shows the cables, as an included item, with the Great Planes RealFlight RF8 w/InterLink-X Controller
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGWCM&P=ML
Old 12-02-2017, 09:48 PM

For more Information, on connecting a Taranis Controller, to RealFlight, check out:
Forum RealFlight 7>Sticky: Field Radio Interface Instructions.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30487
There are Two Links under Taranis, and a Post on Page3: A Complete Guide To How I Fly Wirelessly In RF 7.5 With My Taranis TX.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:22 PM

Hi all. New to Realflight and am using my taranis straight away with a USB cord but have a couple of questions. I have it working for the most part but is there a way for RF to keep the TX as the default controller all the time?

1, When I open the sim I have to hit k to kill the engine on the plane otherwise it just takes off. Then I have to go select my TX from the list to activate it, then its all good.
2, The mapping seem very hard to figure out on different planes. One time I will have gunfire (P51) the next time I wont. And I'll have to fiddle around with the channel mapping to try and get my profile back for it

3, On the scenarios page, if I select one and fly it then try and change to another scenario all I get is the short list for different schemes of the same plane. I tried changing to stock, custom and back to all, but still have issues getting back to the full list. I see the long menu pull up for just a second, then it disappears.

All in all Im impressed with the game so far, and have ordered the WS1000 to use with my dx7 gen 2.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: